Author Topic: Scenery tester not showing Object 3, stilt building, after installing ez_1  (Read 6176 times)

pipeorgan

Some time ago, I successfully set up the 12 object libraries need in P3D 1,4.

I now have a new PC and have have installed P3DV2.1 and find that after installing ez_1, and activating it the stilt building is not shown! I have repeated my installation procedure with exactly the same files on my FSX and the stilt building is shown. Has anyone had this problem or knows of a solution?

Cheers

john

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
The object libraries are currently being converted to be compatible with P3D and DX10, so at the present time some objects may not properly display. Be patient. This is a huge job, but the wait will be worth it. You can follow the project's progress at the very bottom of the "Scenery/Object Libraries" page.

Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
pipeorgan,

Just for additional clarification.....RTMM sceneries have always been compatible with standard FSX.   When Lockheed updated Prepar3D to v2.1, they dropped FS9 object compatibility (a feature of FSX) in order to accommodate DX11.  As a result, all object libraries that use FS9 developed objects will not display in P3D2.1.  RTMM uses many FS9 developed objects in their sceneries.   EZ Scenery, RWY12, OZx, etc. mostly use FS9 objects.  This is a problem throughout the FSX scenery world.   

The good news is that RTMM has embarked on a conversion process for these object libraries so that, in the future,  RTMM sceneries will not only be compatible with FSX but they will also work in P3D v2.X and beyond assuming Lockheed does not drop FSX developed object compatibility someday and go exclusively with P3D developed object compatibility.  I believe it would be a long time before Lockheed would do that.   However, be warned that just because freeware scenery addons say they are compatible with FSX, does not mean they will work in P3D v2.X.   The good news is that completion of the P3D Object Project (POP) is only about a month or so away.

You can monitor the progress of the POP effort here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries/#pop

Rod

pipeorgan

Thanks guys for the clarification. I very much look forward to the  completion of the P3D Object Project. They seem to be doing a superb job and it is much appreciated :)
Cheers

john

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
They seem to be doing a superb job and it is much appreciated :)

Yes, thank you Rod and Steve.  Your conversion of all the library objects will benefit many flightsimmers around the world.  Not just RTMM. 

I wanted to say to Pipeorgan that the "They" is Rod and Steve.  They are doing almost all the work on this project.  Thank you very much.   8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:17:12 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
"They" is also Doug, who is also spending hours testing and placing objects for verification.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Amen  :)

av8erjm

Gee I was wondering why it's been so quiet around here, I hadn't realized how much goes on behind the curtain, dummy me

pipeorgan

Wow, such a small team for such a major project. You guys are the best.
Cheers

john

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Just to chime in, Ualani (Steve) has gone out of his way to help me, behind the scenes, with scenery anomalies (no pun intended) after converting my bitmap files to .dds. Still have some problems but I know he has bigger fish to fry at the moment. No biggee and it'll all come out in the wash. Yeah, thanks for this major undertaking guys.
                                                    JJ
Jsapair