Author Topic: PNW DVD from 3rd party resellers update  (Read 3708 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
PNW DVD from 3rd party resellers update
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:37 PM »
ORBX has come out with a method for people who purchased PNW DVD's of their software from 3rd party resellers to obtain the software updated for P3D v2.xx.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info...roducts_id=2810

While I applaud ORBX for devising a system to let we folks who bought DVD software from 3rd party suppliers I have to give them only a C- for implementation.

1. I go to the FSS and pay for the license (nominal fee)
2. I get an email with the FSS order number on it.
3. I then email back to FSS with that number and reseller's name.
4. Give the purchase date and order number (if available)
5. Take a picture of the DVD box with a newpaper showing the current date.

Now I have no way to take a picture and transmits same via e-mail and I do not get the paper so I have to go spend another dollar and a half to put in the picture I have no way to transmit. Once this is done I wait for somebody to 'allow' me to download the updated PNW after it is determined that I actually bought the product.

Or perhaps it would have been a bit more simple to just provide a copy of my store invoice from the purchase after I pay the license fiee. It has my name, date of purchase and invoice number that matches the one I provided in my signature on the ORBX site that is required for support. But then why KISS when you can complicate things to the point of being a bit humorous.

8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Re: PNW DVD from 3rd party resellers update
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »
YEP i'm  in the same way i purchase for AU, PNW, PFJ and ORCAS  to Flight sim.com

the CORREIA orbx ...... WAIT for a solution .......!

an other member say :

get to FSS an other license ............ >:( just for AU get witn the price DVD and an other  order  215$ just a falk

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]