Author Topic: UFH's Sighted!!! (Look like flying Houses!)  (Read 3864 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
UFH's Sighted!!! (Look like flying Houses!)
« on: March 09, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
Instant Scenery occasionally goes nuts and places and object "somewhere else" ... I always wondered where these things went.  Well, I found three ... talk about a bazaar coincidence!

I'm flying from Hilton Head to Ketchikan in a Beech King Air at about 6000 feet and about 80 miles south east of Medicine Hat, I'm looking out the left window and see three "ufo's" flying in formation about 2 or 3 miles away!  In the first place, who would ever be flying this area to even see these things?  Think about that as a coincidence!! I turned toward them and when I came close, I discovered they were flying houses!!  3 Of them.

Of course I'm flying P3D, so I can't turn on the Instant Scenery and see if I can detect them ... but when I get back to FSX I'll give it a try.  If you are "out" of things to do, you might want to see if you see what I see there. I'm betting these are something I "lost" when working on the Kahoolowe testing Ground.  I just cannot get over the coincidence of it! Thought it would be fun to share. (Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today?)

Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: UFH's Sighted!!! (Look like flying Houses!)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's placed a few objects in the Twilight Zone. IS can be a stinker sometimes.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »
Just don't tell ORBX they have a problem unless you fawn and lick their boots doing it.  Unless you recognize the houses as something you actually used in IS I'm betting it is another VECTOR 1.1 glitch of some kind.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
I'm going to turn off my test libraries one at a time this morning. But again what are the odds of flying 89 miles from Medicine Hat and seeing three houses in formation?  That's almost more than coincidence, it is downright spooky! I'm betting it is "me". I've placed so many objects at the new testing ground, like Steve I'm about cross-eyed with the POP project.  Worth the effort but tedious. I'll post here when I find it.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:25:10 AM »
OK ... now I know I'm losing it. Went back and looked in FSX, the houses were gone. Went back and looked in P3D ... they are gone.  Typical "ufo's" huh?  Now ya see em, then ya don't!  Glad I took the picture Or I'd be signing up with a couch doctor this morning.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
Doug,
maybe you got your "meds" mixed up yesterday??   ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
OK ... now I know I'm losing it. Went back and looked in FSX, the houses were gone. Went back and looked in P3D ... they are gone.  Typical "ufo's" huh?  Now ya see em, then ya don't!  Glad I took the picture Or I'd be signing up with a couch doctor this morning.

Sounds like the known bug of houses floating in air for FSX may have been carried into P3D.   Sometimes the floating houses caused by the bug will just go away upon a scenery refresh or when you leave the area and come back.   If they do go away...you have found the bug!

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
Doug,
just remember the biggest problem concerning P3D v2.xx is not just the object flow that has been discussed ad infinitum on the forums.  The much more serious problem is that when placing objects in ORBX scenery with IS etc. and then using the scenery in P3D v2.xx there is a problem with displacement of objects.  You put a sign next to a building and look in P3D v2.xx and the sign might be there or it may not show because it has been displaced to another location.  Unfortunately when the .dll is modified to combat this LM issues another hot fix that breaks the fix.  This is a reocurring anomaly that is making conversion of ORBX stuff very difficult.
 8)
Later,

Spud