Author Topic: P3D V2 or FSX  (Read 13284 times)

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Re: P3D V2 or FSX
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »
i'm fully enjoyed by DX10 S.J.Parson Scenery Fixer i made a tuto in french ...  ;)
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
Glad you found something you're happy with, Robert. I may go the P3d route some day...after you folks work the bugs out of course. Seems I'm doing more updating, tweaking and tuning than flying these days. I do have a good Nvidia GPU so I'm not having any issues there, but I did just install REX OD and a bunch of updated libraries. You get so much stuff installed and updated that when you have a problem it's like, now what? Did that last installation screw it up, is my FSUIPC bad, or one of the libraries I  just installed...AAARGH!
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:47:06 PM »
I agree that while FSX with ORBX software etc. has become much closer to "as real as it gets" (M$ eat your heart out !) the amount of updates, fixes, service packs, and assorted "stuff" necessary has become rather difficult to keep track of.  ORBX updates, upgrades, libraries, service packs etc. are not too bad because you can get a report from FTX Central on exactly what you have installed from ORBX in your sim and compare that to what is listed on their support page.
Of course I'm retired and visit those sites on a daily basis which for the "working class" is more difficult.  I also save myself a lot of time (and money) because my old system was just overwhelmed with the intense scenery of the payware airports ORBX provides so I did not buy those and still do not because I fly more than I putter about on the ground.  I admit one payware airport purchase Felts Field (KSFF) because I used to live across the road from it as a very small boy and spent most of my days wandering around the hangars and parked airplanes talking to the men who were to me legends because they could get in those magnificient fly machines and slip the surly bond of earth.  Of course in those days the DC-3 was king of the airlines and more bi-planes than monoplanes were parked on the tarmac.
Oh yeah, those railroad yards south of Felts field were full of Mallet Big Boy Locomotives as well.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
Spud, when you mentioned 'the surly bonds of earth' I knew you were a fellow Reaganite. Love ya man!
Jsapair

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »
Glad you found something you're happy with, Robert. I may go the P3d route some day...after you folks work the bugs out of course. Seems I'm doing more updating, tweaking and tuning than flying these days. I do have a good Nvidia GPU so I'm not having any issues there, but I did just install REX OD and a bunch of updated libraries. You get so much stuff installed and updated that when you have a problem it's like, now what? Did that last installation screw it up, is my FSUIPC bad, or one of the libraries I  just installed...AAARGH!

You sure hit the nail on the head with more tweaking than flying...seems that is what this hobby is about.  :D  It was my FSLife with FSX.

I have not had that feeling yet with P3Dv2...just oppisite in fact. With that said, I installed the new P3Dv2.1 patch and read afterwords it´s recomended to remove certian files before installing the patch...that is typical me, LOL install, then read the instructions. So now I have downloaded the full installer instead of the patch. All this means I need to reinstall everything once again...Gotta Love This Hobby!

@ Spud...love your story when you were kid talking with the men, gotta love good memories and that sure is one of them. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:53:08 AM by FSRobert »
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 03:01:37 PM »
I really keep my both eyes on P3d v2. But I will wait some time before doing the switch. Regarding my loved helicopters I recently read a post in an other forum indicating P3D v2 might have some trouble with helicopter sling loads....

At the moment I'm very satisfied with FSX DX10 with Steve's DX10 Fixer. But in the long term the future in flightsimming is P3d v2 I believe.....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:03:23 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
Flying V2 and having good luck with it. Do Not put in Traffic 360 ... even tho it says it is OK with P3D, it is not compat with V2.  If you make the mistake, contact me, there is a way to fix the problems you will have (no ai aircraft at all).  V2 also knocked out the "fix" for the Aerosoft Beaver gauges ... the three are missing again and the 'fix' doesn't do anything.

I'm having great luck with it ... stability seems excellent, frame rates just peg on 29.9 to 30 (target 30). Everything working fine so far.  I've brought several planes over to it ... no problems except the beaver, all work just fine.  Not moving any scenery over ... waiting until we get something from ORBX, then I'll start my own migration here.

D

jsapair

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »
Robert, inter- wine your hands. Which thumb comes out on top...left or right? I'm guessing right. Right thumber's tend to try to build things before they read the directions. Left thumbers do not. This indicates which side of the brain you are using. It has never been wrong...so tell me, please.
Jsapair

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
I am righty, but my left thumb is on top.   :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:07:54 AM by FSRobert »
Keep The FSFaith People

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:46 AM »
Flying V2 and having good luck with it. Do Not put in Traffic 360 ... even tho it says it is OK with P3D, it is not compat with V2.  If you make the mistake, contact me, there is a way to fix the problems you will have (no ai aircraft at all).  V2 also knocked out the "fix" for the Aerosoft Beaver gauges ... the three are missing again and the 'fix' doesn't do anything.

I'm having great luck with it ... stability seems excellent, frame rates just peg on 29.9 to 30 (target 30). Everything working fine so far.  I've brought several planes over to it ... no problems except the beaver, all work just fine.  Not moving any scenery over ... waiting until we get something from ORBX, then I'll start my own migration here.

D

Doug are you saying that P3Dv2.1 and the aerosoft beaver is not working 100% with the gauges. Did you do a clean install of 2.1 or just installed the patch? 
Keep The FSFaith People

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 10:29:44 AM »
The Aerosoft Beaver again lost its gauges (3) in P3DV2.1.  BUT ALAS!!!  Our friend Bruno Löschenkohl (Austria) ... has once again come up with a fix and this works in V2.1. There is a temporary link for it at the very bottom of the scenery page in the beta area ... go to scenery and click on "Z" and you'll get there quickly.  In the readme is Bruno's email ... drop him a thank you after you see it working for you.  Bruno is one of those special people, like us, that believes in total free-sharing ... it is worth a thank you.

Link:http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/web files/BeaverCab.zip

Doug

(Robert...I did a clean install).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:34:35 AM by Doug »

av8erjm

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »
Robert, inter- wine your hands. Which thumb comes out on top...left or right? I'm guessing right. Right thumber's tend to try to build things before they read the directions. Left thumbers do not. This indicates which side of the brain you are using. It has never been wrong...so tell me, please.

Boy does that explain a lot, I'm let handed which is a whole 'nuther can of worms, but when I tried it the right thumb came out on top, damn the luck ;D

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 06:15:54 AM »
Thanks for the time Doug for posting the Beaver.Cab file  I have sent off a big Thank You to Bruno as well.   8)
Keep The FSFaith People