Author Topic: DX10 Object Conversion Discussion - (Formerly "CIRP!!!!! WOW!)  (Read 388053 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: DX10 Object Conversion Discussion - (Formerly "CIRP!!!!! WOW!)
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2014, 09:03:32 PM »
 Steve, I know you're busy, but I have a question. Are you converting AC texture files also? This is  regarding ACX. When I installed the program it restored a lot of the textures of my older AC. If I disable it entirely I would assume that I would once again revert back to a no texture situation for those AC. Does your conversion also restore those textures if applied to those AC? 
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »
Ok Jeff...you'll be sorry...but here I am in all my shining glory. What a horrible picture.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:26:53 PM by jsapair »
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
Well....if you disable ACX it can't load converted AC textures from the cache it creates, so technically they "revert" to their defaults. And no, I haven't run any AC textures through Convimx. To my knowledge the AC that need it might be older FS9 stuff. (It might be a thing to experiment on with Convimx.) That's one place where ACX might be the ticket. I can only speak about the AC that I use, which is mostly good old FSX default, the Aerosoft Beaver, and the Carenado C185F series. Everything seems to work fine with them. What AC didn't work in DX10 before running through ACX, and if I get a chance, I could mess with them if they're freeware and I can download them.

What you could do is keep your older AC checked in your ACX setup, uncheck any scenery, delete the old cache and build a new one. I think you'd have to experiment here.

BTW, you just made the fastest photo change in the world from some old guy to an off roader in a flash! LOL!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:58:37 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »
Yeah. I still got it...or some of it anyway. Haha. Some of it I don't even want anymore. If the old lady wants to get cozy with me I know she's either stealing my pillow or the remote...or both.
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »
Hmm, maybe I'll mess with that tomorrow because I do have some older AC. I know I'll lose them if I disable ACX. I'll try and disable them in ACX, individually, convert them, and see what happens.
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »
Converted Libraries Update:

The project is taking me a bit longer that originally anticipated. I've changed my mind about how to go about cataloging everything to make things easier to install. Please hang in there for a bit longer yet.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
Steve, ACX did not process any AC textures, just sceneries, so disabling the app will not be a problem. Take your time pal, no rush.
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 07:31:24 PM »
Ok Jeff...you'll be sorry...but here I am in all my shining glory. What a horrible picture.

Thanks for the mugshot.  ;)   She's a beauty!  8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »
I've finished the DX10 texture conversion project and need a couple of volunteers to do a quick beta test for me. Please send me a message using the forum message feature.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »
I'll DL that file tonight, Steve. I took your advice and disabled ACX (I am running the fixer). A lot of problems disappeared and my load time increased twofold. Didn't lose any AC textures. My machine was hanging up during a FP load or FSX was not responding altogether and that seemed to go away. Still can't see the FedEx building at PAKT (black) but I'll wait and see what your library conversion does.
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2014, 11:08:45 PM »
Do you have the ORBX PAKT airport package or is it the stock PAKT? Can you post a screenshot?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2014, 12:29:13 AM »
Nn, I just have the stock PAKT. This all worked b4. I did reinstall Rw12, Woody's, Ceyvx, RTTM, and whatever else I needed to make the scenery tester work. That's when my problems started. PAKT is pretty hosed.

Jsapair