Author Topic: Fix for messed up textures in the latest ORBX Library release!!!!  (Read 7707 times)

caseyfallen

• Official Casey Fallen Website
Hi guys,

I was going nuts yesterday trying to figure out why my vegetation and textures were appearing as square boxes at all the airports. Spent hours trying to find the fix.

Turns out that ORBX released a bum Llibrary update package.

Here is the link to the fix page at the Orbx forums: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70213-pnw-anomoly-since-patch/#entry646077

Happy New Year!

Here is what the issue looks like:

Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Fix for messed up textures in the latest ORBX Library release!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Casey. What the heck is going on at Orbx with quality control all of a sudden?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »
Just in case you did not read the entire thread at ORBX the anomaly is present IF your using DX10 mode.  In default DX9 FSX there is no problem.
Later,

Spud

caseyfallen

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »
No problem guys!

Thanks for pointing that out Spud. Appreciated. Just didn't point that out because I assumed that everyone was using DX10 now with the fix.

Have a Happy New Year guys!

Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 05:56:03 PM »
Nope, I guess I just am too old and set in my ways.  I subscribe to the KISS method. (Keep It Simple Stupid).  Although my system is DX11 capable I stick to good old FSX!  No DX10 , No P3D and No women!!!
Perhaps in the future when installers are available for ORBX regions etc. I'll maybe consider V2 of P3D but for now it just doesn't allow me to install ORBX scenery.  And forget using third party installers, no support for that and I believe half the problems folks experience with FSX are due to bastardized installations mixed and matched.  Of course the other half is due to the program never having been completed by Microsoft.
 8)
Later,

Spud

caseyfallen

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »
Hi Spud,

Yeah, I have no idea about P3D and I am kind of stuck in my ways, in the way of staying FSX. But I promise you... If you are just using FSX with the DX10 fix and Add-on converter X for older aircraft, then DX10 with the fix is problem free.

But more than that. The performance gain is so dramatic, you will never go back. It will allow you to push up your scenery sliders at a minimum of 25% with no frame drop. More than likly a frame gain. I run at a constant 30 FPS only dropping to 15 FPS in major cities.

The graphics gain will also be extreme. I will be releasing a Misty video very soon and you will see what I mean.

My FSX experience is lag and stutter free 99% of the time. That 1% happens in large cities and only when cloud cover is dense. Keep in mind ALL my graphic sliders are set to max.

I get where you are coming from, believe you me. But this is one of those things you really should not be missing out on..especially if you love FSX.  :D Happy New Year Spud!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
Casey,
as far as performance is concerned other than areas like Seattle, which is notorious for poor FPS I lock my frames at 30 and consistantly (98.5% of the time ) experience a steady 29.9 - 30 FPS.  So performance wise I have no problems with this new system.  I shy away from adding more and more to FSX, if it ain't broke I don't fix it!  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

caseyfallen

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »
 ;D I can't and won't argue with that!

What is the new systems specs? I have to ask. I am a huge computer geek. Built my system and still adding. Nice to know what is out there!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
CPU                          INTEL Core I7-3820 3.6GHZ LGA2011 Boxed
MBD                          INTEL DX79SI LGA2011
MEM                         Crucial 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 NON-ECC
HD                            Western Digital Black 1TB SATA 3 HDD
DVD-RW                    ASUS 24X DVD-RW SATA
CASE                        Coolmaster Elite 431 Plus ATX
O/S                           WIN7 Home Premium 64BIT
Vid Card                   MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCIE

And a whole bunch of wires n' stuff in there too!!!  Oh yeah blinking lights and a "winder" in the side panel.   :P
 8)

Later,

Spud

caseyfallen

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
NICE!  ;) Love your choice in video card. I really enjoyed my NVIDIA when I had it. Went with the AMD for my current build because it was more punch for the buck and works great. But NVIDIA rocks. I miss mine. It never gave me any troubles. AMD can be silly with gaming here and there. None of that with my old  NVIDIA card.

Get the SSD for your main hard drive and bridge another NVIDIA with the one you have and that system will be screaming. : ) But great build as is for sure!

Happy New Year my friend. See you on the other side!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:10:40 PM by caseyfallen »

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
Hi guys,

I was going nuts yesterday trying to figure out why my vegetation and textures were appearing as square boxes at all the airports. Spent hours trying to find the fix.

Turns out that ORBX released a bum Llibrary update package.

Here is the link to the fix page at the Orbx forums: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70213-pnw-anomoly-since-patch/#entry646077

Happy New Year!

Here is what the issue looks like:

Hi caseyfallen   go here   http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70213-pnw-anomoly-since-patch/#entry646077

Poste #13 and download  no crached 

for the install see the poste #6

Regards

Patrick  ;)
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

caseyfallen

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
Hi Patrick,

Thank you. But I think you misunderstood this post. I was giving the same information you just shared. Fixed this awhile ago.

Happy flying!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:44 PM »
No problem guys!

Thanks for pointing that out Spud. Appreciated. Just didn't point that out because I assumed that everyone was using DX10 now with the fix.

Have a Happy New Year guys!

Actually, ORBX pointed out in one of their posts that the majority of their users are not on DX10.  I know I am not and don't plan to go there.  When I do switch down the road, it will probably be to P3D and DX11.  Is Steve planning on making a DX11 fixer assuming that the DX9 objects that have issues in DX10 would also have issues in DX11?

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »
Just to make it clear the link is to a correction for DX10 users' only.  DX9 FSX does not have the problem shown in the screen shot shots!
 8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
Hi Patrick,

Thank you. But I think you misunderstood this post. I was giving the same information you just shared. Fixed this awhile ago.

Happy flying!

HI, CASEYFALLEN  that 's right  all in your post  in amount ..! sorry...  :'( :'( :'(
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]