Author Topic: Invisible ships  (Read 13092 times)

Andy H

Re: Invisible ships
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 06:16:39 AM »
Hi Rod - have just built a default config file. Problem persisting. At least that's one suspect out of the way. :)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »

Hi Andy,

Hmmm...the possibilities are narrowed.  I will think about it some more.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 09:04:07 AM »
Hi Andy,

A couple of questions....

1. Just to be clear....did you used to see the AI Shipping at a distance and then recently you noticed just seeing their wakes until you got very close?

2. You mentioned that you could see a garbage barge in the water moving...I am not sure what boat that is...where do you see it at .....

3. Are you able to see all other ships and ferries (not part of the AI Shipping Package) at a distance?

Rod

Andy H

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 03:07:41 AM »
Hi,  Rod,
Yes, everything was fine, all shipping visible at distance until the problem suddenly appeared.

The 'Misty Garbage' barge shows uo just south of Ketchikan.

All static ships appear unaffected - the Prince Rupert shipping scenery for instance. Oh, hang on - there's a collection of large ships that look like they're sharing a mooring buoy in Vanvouver harbour that have disappeared.

If it's any help at all, the cruise ship at Skagway shows up sooner than the 'Banzai' tanker...

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the detailed answers.   I am still stumped but working on it. 

Rod

Andy H

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »
Hi Rod,

Thanks again for your efforts. Quick update, I've re-installed older Nvidea drivers with no effect. I'm going to try setting ships and boats to '0' in traffic volume, have a few flights at various locations and put the settings back up.

:)

John

Invisible ships II
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 12:46:21 AM »
Hey guys, been reading thru trying to find answers and noticed mention of AIFP2.  What is it and where can I find it?  If it converts FS9 AI to FSX AI it may be exactly what I need. ;D  I see no AI traffic, marine or acft. :'(

John

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 01:24:52 AM »
Link to Don Grovestein's site:

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP

In the small blue box on the left of the page click on "Download"

Also get the 77 page manual at the same place.
 8)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:27:48 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

John

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 02:52:15 AM »
Thanks, spud ::)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 09:40:58 PM »
AIFP2 is now version 3.1 something but it fixed the AI problems that I was only vaguely aware I even had. Hard to tell you're not seeing something that's not there to begin with. I used to see maybe 1 or 2 AI planes on Plan-G. Now I see two dozen. But now I feel like Gen. Custer when he saw all the Indians.
   Sure enough there were 4 FS9 bgl files lurking in my WOAI files. Probably been there for a real long time, too. Converting and removing the old files also fixed my ferry problem at payware PAKT, and I now see the Coast Guard cutter that I didn't know I was supposed to see.
   So, John. Spud's link will probably solve your problem, too.
   I hope Andy gets his invisible ships problem sorted out but this tool sure did wonders for me. Thanks for the tip Spud.
                                           JJ
Jsapair

John

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 12:38:29 AM »
Well, I think I screwed mine up  >:(.  I ran the converter but didn't delete them when asked so I don't where I'm at right now, or what to do  :-[.  I haven't seen anything change yet  ::).

John

Lipra

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 05:01:48 AM »
Just A wild guess  / thinking outside the box  but what is your water set too? its not something to do with that is it.

John

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
The ones I see look good in the water.  I ran the converter again and it worked ;D.  Seeing a lot more than I did before, haven't had a chance to get around much  :(.  Still don't see the garbage barge though.

John

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 04:08:53 PM »
Hi John,

The garbage barge is a frame rate killer and you really don't want it.  It is a separate add on in the Enhancements section of the site.  However, I don't recommend it.

Rod

John

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 08:48:56 PM »
Thanks Rod, I'll remove it.  I'm spotting a lot of marine traffic now.  Nice  8)

John