Author Topic: Ai fishing boats  (Read 3700 times)

baxterbj

Ai fishing boats
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:04:17 AM »
How do you add extra textures to the Ai fishing boats, I noticed I had extra textures sitting in the fishing boat file, but nothing written in the sim cfg file. Is it possible to do or is it a waste of time. I've added the new textures, but am not sure what model they should come under. Is it worth messing with to give me more variety on the water, or is it more involved?
BJ from Oz

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Ai fishing boats
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:03:03 AM »
Hi BJ,

What do you mean when you say you added the new textures.  Can you provide some new texture names and which fishing boat file the textures are in?

Rod

baxterbj

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:32 AM »
Its the AI_Fishing _Boat, and I have: Textures; Belina, Canadaian 1, CCGS Neocaligus, Evolution, Heidi Sue, Kayleigh Ann and Orca Chief. I altered the Sim cfg, but cant see any difference. Im probably way out of my depth. Should I just delete the textures and the addons in the Sim cfg and stick with the two models and the two Textures, being Green and Texture????

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:31 AM »
Bj,
Where are you finding a "green " texture" in the AI fishing boat folder? (SimObjects\Boats\AI_Vessel_supertanker_FSX\AI_Vessel_Fishing_Boat)

What sim are you using? FSX, P3D??

Generally speaking you can't change the textures assigned to models without disassembling them or using a paint utility designed to paint specific models.

Also, what are you trying to edit in the sim.cfg that you think will change the textures (if you even could?)

My suggestion is to leave well enough alone, unless I completely misunderstand what you are trying to do.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:38:37 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

baxterbj

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 10:25:08 AM »
I'm using P3D, it's in sim objects boats, AI_fishing_boat. It originally had 2 models, with 2 textures, I'll delete what I've done as it could be related to another shipping program I have loaded.
 Thanks guys

BJ

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
I'm curious as to what you were trying to edit in the sim.cfg file???
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »
Aren't those the boats for the Halibut Cove area?   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

baxterbj

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 09:00:32 PM »
What I was editing in the cfg was, adding the next number for a model texture, similar to what you do when adding an aircraft texture. And yes they could be the halibut Ai, I'll check later and re-post. Thanks guys.

BJ

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »
Hi BJ,

The AI_Vessel_Fishing_Boat and those textures were loaded by the RTMM AI Shipping Project.  There should be no sim.cfg file in that folder since it uses an aircraft.cfg file.

Rod

baxterbj

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 01:30:39 AM »
This was the additional shipping, I've installed, AI ships and AI Ship traffic for FSX 2013, I'm sorry guys, this was the AI I have loaded onto P3d, it gives me shipping all over the world. I've reinstalled my normal AI and over written the Ai Fishing boats, have no idea why the other textures were in there. I've obviously installed something out of sequence. Sorry for all the trouble I've caused. Still have RTMM Ai shipping working, all good.

BJ

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 01:26:38 PM »
All's Well That Ends Well!

Rod

baxterbj

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 02:16:03 AM »
Thanks Rod