Author Topic: MY P3D Experience... So Far.  (Read 77835 times)

DocBird

Re: MY P3D Experience... So Far.
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 07:50:12 AM »
Thanks, Jeff, I will try that!

But on the other hand: If I uncheck it in the Scenery Library why did I copy it over and will I miss the content of the "lower priority"-folder in other situations? :-\

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 08:07:26 AM »
It's just a "bandage solution" to fix the trees right now.  I'm not sure what else it effects, but until I do it right, it works for me.  We're turning off the "lower priority" scenery, which doesn't sound that bad, eh? ;D

I haven't taken the time to figure out the exact bgl file within the lower priority folder that is effecting the water/trees or we could (theoretically) just deactivate that one file for now.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:33:31 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ffm777

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this magnificent website and I'm currently testing Prepar3d v2. I have successfully installed ORBX Pacific Fjords and Tongass Fjords (this can be done either with the EMT tool or by setting links for all FSX directories to the respective Prepar3d folders) but have not yet installed any RTMM sceneries because someone on the forum said that some of the required libraries do not work in Prepar3d v2. Now my question: Has anyone tried to install the libraries (EZ, OZx, ...) and the RTMM sceneries? How do they look in Prepar3d v2? And has anyone actually tried to convert the old FS9 libraries in EZ, OZx, etc. to FSX format to make them work in Prepar3d v2?

Thanks and regards!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:27:07 PM by ffm777 »

DocBird

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 03:16:06 AM »
Hi FFM,
I have not tried either of both but I know that in the ORBX-Forum there are some people working on the conversion of the old stuff. It seems to be more a legal question if they can distribute the converted libraries as the poeple who created them certainly have the copyrights on the libraries and its content.  :-\

But maybe those copyright holders could be approached and asked for their consent as P3D2 clearly is the future of our hobby!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »
 :-X   ;)   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »
Just posted the latest "breakthrough" by Rod.   The animated objects now are clearly seen in FSX, DX10 and P3D ... so Rod has solved the problem with converting animated objects. You can keep up with the project including Rod's latest "briefing" here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries/index.php#pop

Our continuing thanks to Steve and Rod for the great conversion work.

Doug

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »
Thanks so much Steve and Rod......These are excellent news!!!!!!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2014, 10:01:33 AM »
Steve and Rod you guys are Gods...thanks so much. I have PNW installed in my P3Dv2 and all is working great, heck I even installed the Orbx GA AI package except for the Cessna single engine aircrafts all is working as it should. Looking so forward to some RTMM scenery when it´s time.

On another note I did install OZx Grand Canyon and Death Valley scenery which includes many different scenery objects into my P3dv2 and all seems to be showing...cool one must agree.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »
Doug is being modest. He's spent hours on this project. Make sure you thank him for his efforts as well.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »
For me, its getting kind of boring ... everything the guys are sending me seems to be working! That's what happens when you get a process that works!  I've posted the latest pics of the RTMM objects in the POP section of the Objects Library Page.  Also Rod's latest status report is at the top of the page. Everything looks great. We keep 'chugging' along ... knocking them down one by one.  When we are through, we'll really have something important for the flight sim community.

And for the record, we are still planning on making it FREEWARE!  We believe work on a hobby like this should be shared with the community.  The only restriction we will have is our normal one ... if someone wants to use our objects, they'll have to get our permission first. (Which we will always give to those who have shared so freely with us).

Steve and Rod keep it up and I'm gonna' need a bigger island!!

D

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
Doug is being modest. He's spent hours on this project. Make sure you thank him for his efforts as well.

Doug, is the Alpha God here at RTMM and a modest Alpha God at that.  ;)
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography