Author Topic: MY P3D Experience... So Far.  (Read 77825 times)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: MY P3D Experience... So Far.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
Well, I always did like a little smoke n dust!   I didn't bother with ver 1.x as I was content to wait for the v2 of P3D.  Installed it without a hitch last night and installed FTXGlobal after that.  Haven't had a chance to try installing anything else, but FSGlobal2010 mesh is next.  I'll take it slow and not use any 3rd party migrator tools or anything.   Seems ok to me, not sure what all the weee haaaa is about yet.  At least I'm not seeing any problems other than a square box around the full moon!  lol   (No, really)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

dexthom

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
Rob... If you decide to install Tongass Fjords and need assistance, please send me an email.  I will give you some tips and I need to know if you have success with certain portions like sound, smoke effects, wakes from Tongass marine etc.

Rangerick

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
Really enjoyed this thread !

I also bought it... installed it... been reading tons of forum posts.... set it up... and got a couple of flights in after several CTD's.

It's definitely a 'Work-In-Progess' and I won't be jumping ship from FSX until I can run my beloved Orbx + RTMM scenery.

Just curious...  if anyone has their Beaver X running in P3D ??   If so... how did you do it ??

I have the ASC.dll file from the Aerosoft forum guys to fix the missing guages, but the Beaver installer doesn't recognize my P3D file path (apparently it's a registry file issue)

Estonia Migration Tool ?    vs   Manually transferring files  ??     appear to be my only options.

Have a Safe + Happy Holiday Ya'll  !

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »
HI
i install REX E +OD i activate P3D 4.95$ i change the root folder FSX by L M P3Dv2 i make  a backup textures  and installed the same save textures REX FSX in P3D and work fine

FTX GLOBAL 4.61 giga re download on FSS for not having error message ORBX FTX GLOBAL V100 version  at the install .....

and all my ORBX OZX i waiting for a migrator  and also for the planes   

For RTMM sceneries  ??? i don't know how to do ..!

it's my first time i use P3Dv2 and never try V1.4

Wait and see

Patou
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »
Yesterday I installed the Grand Canyon scenery by Oz into my P3Dv2 and it worked perfect and looks Fab.
I think like this: anybody who has a HD  Radeon card will be amazed how well P3Dv2 performs. My FSX, experience  these day is zero simply due to the fact that P3Dv2 is one smoooooth mother and I am spoiled with the clouds and the Radeon card just eating them up. All my Carenado aircraft work perfect just waiting for Aerosoft to come out with a proper installer for the Beaver. Soon Orbx will have ready all the programs I need to get back to flying RTMM fun, together with REX 4 on the horizan FSLife is getting sweeter all the time  :)
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

Rangerick

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »
FSRobert

Just wondering if you could share how you installed your Carenado A/C ?   
Estonia Tool ?  Carenado installers or manual file transfer ?
I did get the 206 to install by putting "fsx config" file into P3D, but my C-337 installer won't recognize the P3D path.

P.S. I totally agree !  If I can just get the Beaver X installed with all my ORBX stuff = 'Paradise'   ;D

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 10:16:37 AM »
YEP YEP

i install carrenado C182 Skyline without problem with the installer .exe and work fine  ;)

in P3Dv2 i don't have reflective shadows mountain on the water like FSX DX10  ?? and you ?? only clouds .

Patou
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
FSRobert

Just wondering if you could share how you installed your Carenado A/C ?   
Estonia Tool ?  Carenado installers or manual file transfer ?
I did get the 206 to install by putting "fsx config" file into P3D, but my C-337 installer won't recognize the P3D path.

P.S. I totally agree !  If I can just get the Beaver X installed with all my ORBX stuff = 'Paradise'   ;D

Carenado aircrafts were installed via the EMT, right there is was well worth the 16  bucks. I also just installed " accufeel " without a hitch using the EMT.  FSX default aircraft get installed automatically...all but the Beaver :(

Soon I will give the A2A cub a whirl with the EMT. By using the EMT it is hassle free without config tweaking... it simply just installs.
Keep The FSFaith People

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
YEP YEP

i install carrenado C182 Skyline without problem with the installer .exe and work fine  ;)

in P3Dv2 i don't have reflective shadows mountain on the water like FSX DX10  ?? and you ?? only clouds .

Patou

I am getting water reflections, never noticed the mountains.   :-[
Keep The FSFaith People

Rangerick

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »
FSRobert

Thanks for sharing !!!

I'm going to invest in the EMT this weekend and spend some time over the holidays working with P3D v2.

Rick / Canada   

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
Well, Dan got me P3D for Christmas ... so it is installed.  Now I'm trying to get TongassX, PFJ and SAK installed.  On both PFJ and SAK, I'm getting an error message (pic).  I directed TongasX install at the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V2 folder ... not sure if it is "in there" or not yet.  What's the trick to installing these ...???

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 12:35:56 PM »
Doug,
there is no 'trick'.  Right now there is no official way to install ORBX scenery into P3D v2.0 except for Global and N. Ireland.  ORBX is writing 3 phase installers (FSX, P3D v1.4, P3D v2.0) and they have been quite clear that NO SUPPORT will be provided for installing with any 3rd party or 'trick' installers.  Although it seems folks are just jumping at anything that is reported to work or semi-work there are complications right now with compatibility that ORBX has acknowledged.  I would advise to just take it slow and see what comes from the ORBX camp.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
I tried that Migration tool from ORBX,  it's FTX Central P3D can't find the FSX in the registry to continue. So I'll just fly the regular stuff for now until they figure something out.

Doug

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 01:43:43 AM »
Hi Doug, there is a tool called EMT    http://www.flightsim.ee/products/migration-tool

It´s a worth while tool to purchase for under 20 bucks. It installs Carenado aircraft in a jiff as well as other FS products...and from reading the fourms on the net it will install orbx PNW and SAK, but I am not going to give it a whril untill ORBX comes out with a migration tool from FSX to P3Dv2 which is in the works but, maybe will have some issue with people flow feature which I can live without for the time being...eventually installers for P3Dv2 ORBX programs.

Here is a thread from ORBX showing P3Dv2 in action with programs you mentioned...they look tasty to say the least.     http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70146-p3dv2-ftxg-ftx-sak-pajn-rex-4/    as you can see hope is out there.

I am stuck on P3dv2. FSX these days is not the same after flying in the P3D environment. I have FTXG1.20, REX4,Carenado aircrafts, AccuFeel and A2A Cub installed.  I am keeping the FSFaith that soon ORBX will provide the tool to get me back in RTMM flying and with any luck all the RTMM sceneries will work as in FSX.

Hold your horses, this hobby never stops... I just purchased ORBX Vector.   :D

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:32:58 AM by FSRobert »
Keep The FSFaith People

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 03:22:19 AM »
That is a good replay ROBERT

i try one time with the same issue error  installation  >:(

i just enter in ADDON SCENERY P3D, KHQM Manually and is quite right on the water of large transparent squares delimiting the scenery Bowerman

Patrick