Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989922 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2011, 11:42:31 PM »
Welcome back Jim.  Glad to have ol' timers around!  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2011, 09:11:42 AM »
Jim ...

Use the Site Map and do a "search" on that page for what you might be looking for. If you don't find it there, then ask us (please!).  This means either we have something that is not clear or we don't have a reference to it on the Site Map ... which we want to be complete for folks just like you.  So sort of help us "beta" that thing ... we'll put in what is missing.  Often we have things buried deeply in the site that folks can't find, that is the purpose of the site map.  We're still "digging" for our own buried treasures! :-)  But save yourself time and ask. We should be able to point you to the answers or, if we don't have them we'll create an answer, post and document it on the site map.

D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41:16 AM »
Welcome aboard Jim, glad to have the newest member buying the beer!
The site is a 'gold mine' of information about RTMM and like Doug says it is probably there ya just have to find it!  There is so much to do in Misty's world you will be busy as the proverbial 'one armed paper hanger' just flying to all the great scenery provided by the developers.  Just take it one bite at a time and have fun 'getting there'.  It is the adventure that counts.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
Hi Jim,
welcome aboard here.  8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2011, 10:11:24 PM »
Hullo, Jim!  Welcome to the best-organized flying spot in all of Flight Sim, and populated with the hobby's finest folks you'll find anywhere.

-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

Rolfspan

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
Brandnew to Misty Moorings although active in the NA Orbx world. Now with PAKT I look forward to exploring this part of the world. Now to figure out how to make this work ;)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »
Hi! Best advice from me is to install the required libraries first. Then just take on one location at a time. My choice would be to install Misty's Place first. Then fly there from Ketchikan. Then install any other place you choose. Just that one choice. Fly from Misty's there. Then back again. Then select a new place. And on and on you go from there.

Enjoy.

Brad

wschneid

« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
Hi. I'm Bill Schneider. I've been a long time fan of Misty Moorings and it's the main reason I never deleted FS2004. I glad to see that you have done Misty Mooring FSX. I do have one question. Where do I find the download for Misty Moorings FSX?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
Hi Bill,  check out the "scenery" link at the top of the page.  Take some time to read through the forum first though, as most questions you might have are answered already within.  Welcome to Misty's.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
Hi,

My name is Rod  "Stiletto2" Jackson.  I have been flight simming for many years and really enjoy bush flying.  In addition, I have developed a little FSX scenery here and there and, years ago, was active in improving scenery for Falcon 4.0.

Right now I am finishing up a project that will be submitted to RTMM and will feature one of the first scenery addons to an ORBX Airport product. 

After the release of the wonderfully done ORBX PAKT and Service Pack 1, I still felt there was room for additional scenic detail along Ketchikan Harbor.   I was especially focused on  the area of Ketchikan just northwest of the cruise ship docks where Tongass Ave swings away from Water Street and heads up the harbor coast.  There you will find numerous float plane docks/businesses involved with floatplane transportation etc.

I got a real good look at it in 2010 since that is where the Coral Princess was docked and I was staring out from the stern and looking down at all the activity on these little docks.  ORBX PAKT (SP1) does not detail any of this along the harbor coast.  So, I decided to add a fictitious floatplane tour and transport service named Eagle Air to that area.   Before I knew it, I created pilings/boardwalks and multiple buildings around Eagle Air to try and capture what I had seen when I was there. 

I also felt the autogen in that area was a little thin so I filled in some of that and before long had added objects from downtown Ketchikan all the way northwest to The Plaza Shopping Center area.

So after adding over 300 objects to the Ketchikan Harbor area, I am just about ready to submit the Ketchikan Harbor scenery addon for PAKT (SP1) to RTMM for final review.

If you have been looking for more detail in that area, this scenery addon may be for you.  And what fun it is to take some of those tourists off the cruise ship, pick them up at Eagle Air and fly them out to places like Dan's Hideway, Thorne Bay Island Retreat and even Misty's Place.

Stay Tuned......

Rod

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2012, 12:52:17 AM »
Welcome Rod........you'll love it here.  Lot's of nice folk and great scenery in the PFJ  area.  Your enhancement will be a welcome addition to the Ketchikan area.  Like you I was there in June of 2010 on the Golden Princess cruise ship.  Wish I could have stayed longer and taken a float plane tour from Eagle Air!     :-)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
Hi Rod,
welcome here on RTMM!!  :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
Thanks, Rob and Klaus for the welcome.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »
Welcome Rod! I know you'll fit in here nicely.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the welcome.  Nice post on the Ketchikan Harbor area in the ORBX forums. 

Rod