Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989947 times)

Simicro

• France
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1485 on: May 15, 2022, 03:38:17 PM »
Thanks Rod!
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

GregSS

« Reply #1486 on: July 20, 2022, 09:33:42 AM »
Hi All!
Greg from Midwest here...I used to be on the Misty site back in fs2002/2004 and then life got in the way for a while.  I have a little more free time now and still have FSX running so thought I would give it a go.
MSFS2020 is probably the way to go now, but that will mean another PC, or at the very least another video card and every time I fall down that gopher hole, I spend way more than I should! :)
Anyway, done the Sport Pilot thing in the midwest around the great lakes and now I am hoping to do a little virtual piloting around the Fjords!
See ya!
GregSS

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1487 on: July 20, 2022, 12:39:30 PM »
Hi Greg,

Welcome!   Enjoy!

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1488 on: July 20, 2022, 01:45:59 PM »
Hi there SS Greg.. welcome (back) to RTMM land.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1489 on: July 20, 2022, 06:51:42 PM »
Welcome back, Greg.  😎

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #1490 on: August 07, 2022, 12:26:56 PM »
Not new but have been grounded, the past seven months have been an ordeal. Was in the process of building a new computer for MSFS2020 last DEC. While awaiting the parts, I contracted what they hospital and Dr's called COVID Pneumonia. I'll be damn if I know where I got it, either had to be Costco or Winco grocery store. So I wound up in the hospital for just shy of 3 months and once I got home started on a rigorous program to get my lungs working like they should. Now for the past month got back to the new computer and working with the new MSFS2020, jury is still out, which brings me to a question how many here run both, or sticking with FSX, or switch soley to 2020. Anyway glad to be back amongst the living and starting to add some 3rd party scenery and aircraft. Blue Skies n' Tail Winds to everyone, Jim

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1491 on: August 08, 2022, 09:02:18 AM »
Well Jim that's quite an ordeal for sure. Lost a couple of friends as well as a couple of previous employees to covid. we are glad that you made it through and are on a road to hopefully a full recovery.

As far as the simulator is concerned, I now exclusively run Microsoft flight simulator 2020.
My rig is not the best but it does the job for now.

Welcome back Jim.

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #1492 on: August 09, 2022, 09:41:53 PM »
Norm I'd been interested in some of your controller settings I find with the default settings it's very twitchy

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1493 on: August 11, 2022, 12:13:14 PM »
Back to my PC next week I think and will try to grab some of the settings for you but in the meantime just try turning down the sensitivities at tad and perhaps do her Windows calibration on your controllers if that is possible.

Norm

Kallewy

• my homepage
« Reply #1494 on: August 26, 2022, 06:17:27 AM »
Hello,
i am kallewy from germany. and I've been here for a few days
Greetings from me, Kalle

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1495 on: August 26, 2022, 08:30:11 AM »
Welcome aboard kallewy from Germany. Hope you have fun flying in this part of the world.

Norm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1496 on: August 26, 2022, 06:02:44 PM »
Welcome Kallewy! 

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1497 on: August 27, 2022, 05:50:55 PM »
Hello and welcome to RTMM's forum, Kallewy.  Thanks for saying "hi".   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Aharon

« Reply #1498 on: October 08, 2022, 01:44:17 PM »
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Just joined exclusive Mistymoorings club or you would rather say Misty moorings forums   ;D ;D

Flew thousands of flight hours around Alaska via Mountain Air virtual airline, Alaska Airline virtual, Alaska Adventures virtual airline, and Aurora virtual airline and still flying for them around Alaska.

Primarily FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 user but will move to MS2020 in 2 or three years or when MS2020 has all freeware and payware add on planes that you find in FSX.

Need assistance as I am newbie here.  I always want for 15 years realistic FSX sceneries for PAOM Nome, PASC Deadhorse PABR Barrow airport, PAKN King Salmon airport, and PADQ Kodiak airport.

Can anyone please be kind enough to provide me very very easy Guide For Dummies instructions on what can I do to get those that I heard that Misty Moorings has?

Thank you for any kind assistance any of you might provide.

BTW, I see on the forums here the Mistymoorings staff member FSRobert who probably recognizes me from past years of other flight sim forums.

Regards,

Aharon

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1499 on: October 10, 2022, 06:15:20 AM »
Well... I am not "New Here" - more like "Old Here"

I know some of you might feel uncomfortable with this post, but don't worry; I am OK with this news I would share.

I have been reminded of my mortality by the medical trade. My docs have decided I have cancer, which is why I am not here as often as I used to be. I don't know if I dare say "Lucky", but it is in the liver and allows a worst case scenario of a transplant. So it is still a while before the C develops to that stage and there are othe treatments to be had before.

Don't think unhappy thoughts, I will just be going on the same adventure as EVERYONE eventually goes on except that I have the definite knowledge that my new trip may come sooner and not so much as a surprise. I am in the process of making all the necessary arrangements and am happy to save my kids the fuss of 90% of the work, even if I may still be here in a decade.

As for you, my RTMM friends, don't be sad. It has been a privilege and a great time here. I may even find more time to fly round the Moorings every now and then. And should our paths cross some time in that new adventure we can reminisce.

I'll still be around.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)