Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 993232 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1455 on: November 28, 2021, 04:49:08 PM »
Welcome, Yves!

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1456 on: December 01, 2021, 06:18:50 AM »
Welcome aboard!

dastraka

« Reply #1457 on: December 12, 2021, 11:17:40 AM »
Hi,

My name is David and I'm from Melbourne, Florida. I recently discovered Return to Misty Moorings for MSFS 2020 through the Alaska Lighthouses download on flightsim.to. I look forward to joining the Misty Flying Club and exploring Alaska and British Columbia. Maybe after a few virtual visits, I'll plan a trip to visit for real.

David

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1458 on: December 12, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
Welcome David.. Many are/were not aware of the RTMM site.. It has been around since the days of FS9 then FSX and P3D as well as latest sim that being MSFS. 

Thought since flightsim.to is the largest site out there for MSFS that I would post the flight plans for those that are interested in these areas there and direct back to this site for the actual scenery pieces as some of our scenery (libs) is too large to post at flightsim.to. 

Anyways, a whole little RTMM world here on this site. Be sure to have a good look around and feel free to DL  the scenery.. (Need the libs for all the objects etc) The scenery makes great adds and/or or enhancements for the sim.   (MSFS Scenery page: https://return.mistymoorings.com/z20_scenery/index.php)

At MFC the MSFS tours start at MFS0001 but the most of the previous tours MFC0001-0060 ish (which were really built with/for the FSX/P3D aircraft tables and add-on scenery built for those sims) can also be flown in MSFS with a few little ICAO tweaks or airfield alternates. The scenery and graphics in MSFS make all of these trips nice flights.

If you have any questions or need any help just give us a yell.  Welcome aboard David.

Norm
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 04:14:15 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1459 on: December 12, 2021, 01:43:47 PM »
Welcome, David!   Glad you found us!   Enjoy!

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1460 on: December 12, 2021, 05:37:11 PM »
Hello David.  Welcome to RTMM's forum.  In addition to being a place to download scenery, we are a community of flight simmers who consider ourselves residents of this virtual Alaska.  (I do anyway :P)
So . . . welcome to the community.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

YarfBoatman

« Reply #1461 on: January 05, 2022, 05:02:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name's Jef. I loved flying around SE Alaska in FS9 (Holger Sandman's Misty Fjords scenery) and FSX (ORBX). Of course, I also enjoyed the Misty Moorings scenery. I used to be a lurker on the forums here and was a bit more active in the 'Bush Flying Unlimited' group back on AVSIM.

After a few years without much in the way of Bush Flying on my end, MSFS2020 seems to have rekindled the spark and it was a joy to discover this community still alive and vibrant after all this time! I immediately installed several of the Misty Moorings FS2020 sceneries and have spent some happy hours flying around the Misty Fjords area.

Since I like a bit of direction for my flying but without the hassle and in-depth economic simulation offered by Air Hauler etc., I created a quick and dirty 'random mission generator' in google sheets. Good old 'FScargo' did this kind of thing wonderfully in the old sim, but I haven't found anything similar for FS2020.

The sheet generates a random destination from a list of Misty Moorings sceneries as well as a random number of passengers and/or cargo weight to transport in your favourite bush plane.

If anyone's interested in my 'mission generator' sheet, you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6C1DcR3qs2PuiYBvS3qU4GoTNzRH4bvA4iDlTKeRt0/edit?usp=sharing

You should be able to adapt it quite easily to your own aircraft and destinations after you've created a copy or downloaded it for yourself.

I wasn't sure where to add a post to tell the community about my little mission generator, so I went ahead and posted it here along with introducing myself. If you think I should add a note about this to another part of the forums (General Discussion? , From here to there?) I'd be happy to! 

Wishing you all another great year of flying in the (virtual) bush!

Jef

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1462 on: January 05, 2022, 08:32:01 AM »
Hello Jef, and thanks for the contribution.  Welcome to the forum, Sir.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1463 on: January 05, 2022, 01:29:07 PM »
Welcome, Jef!   The random generator looks interesting.  Thanks for making it available.

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1464 on: January 05, 2022, 01:50:15 PM »
Welcome to the site Jef. Lots here and lots of places to fly, for sure.

Norm

ToryBlaker

« Reply #1465 on: January 07, 2022, 04:55:47 AM »
Hello, I'm Tory,
just joined today, actually this is my first post.
Looking forward to interacting with members as well as making some friends.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1466 on: January 07, 2022, 07:02:48 AM »
Hello, I'm Tory,
just joined today, actually this is my first post.
Looking forward to interacting with members as well as making some friends.

Welcome Tory and nice to have you aboard. Enjoy the scenery and your sim and if you have any questions or need any help please don't hesitate to give us a yell. 

Norm

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1467 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:27 AM »
Welcome to the RTMM forum, Tory.  We're a friendly bunch here, so relax and explore the pages within.  Much information contained in these threads.  Feel free to ask questions if one comes up.  We're here to help.   8)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1468 on: January 07, 2022, 09:56:06 AM »
Welcome, Tory!

Rod

Sceadu

« Reply #1469 on: February 14, 2022, 03:24:36 AM »
Hello, remember the website from some years ago when I played with FSX a little but never joined in, then MSFS Came along and got back into flight sim during lockdown.
Looks like you guys have created the perfect place for Bush-addicts, thanks for letting me in.

All the best Russ [UK]