Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990157 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1290 on: May 28, 2019, 08:24:21 PM »
     Hello Tinman.  Welcome to the RTMM forum.  You are most welcome to come join the Misty's Flying club, and you will be sure to get plenty of help getting set up.  So, ... no worries.  :)  I believe steam edition is compatible with all things Misty, but I don't use the SE FSX, I am on P3D. 
     You will also find us helpful in getting up to speed here at Misty's Place.  If you need help, just ask. 

Again, welcome.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1291 on: May 28, 2019, 10:20:50 PM »
Hello there Mark of Tinman! A warm welcome to you. And welcome back to the FS world.
Don't think there are any issues with the FSX SE version as it applies to either the add-on scenery, libs, or comms software ie: Simconnect or FSUIPC so ACARS shouldn't be a problem hooking the sim into the MFC stuff.  If FSX, acceleration pack is not mand.. but SP1 and SP2 are needed. DirectX (DX) was/is a graphical shader enhancement that was introduced in Windows and first supported in the FSX acceleration pack.

(P3D took over from the FSX product development but was originally based on the FSX platform),

Since that time, DirectX has been further developed as a graphic platform in the Windows OS- now DirectX 12 (DX12) and graphics codes are supported in P3Dv4x which is now 64 bit unicode and has capability to run the latest graphical interfaces at DirectX DX12)

There are lots here who use FSX SE so practical help won't be in short supply. And many others that use other sim should be able to figure out any problems!

Lots of stuff to do from Libs to scenery, etc.. but fun to fly in these parts and to see the RTMM sites. Welcome again Mark.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #1292 on: May 29, 2019, 07:11:16 AM »
Just a minor correction to what Norm said: Acceleration is necessary if you use FSX because it contains some objects that our scenery requires that aren't contained in the original FSX release.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1293 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »
Just a minor correction to what Norm said: Acceleration is necessary if you use FSX because it contains some objects that our scenery requires that aren't contained in the original FSX release.

Steve

Ah ok Steve.. thanks for noting the clarification on the full requirements if using the original FSX boxed.

Norm

Tinman

« Reply #1294 on: May 29, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Thanks everyone!!!  Looks like I'll be going to the FSX Steam Edition, I already have that and don't have the Acceleration Pack for FSX.  Steam is supposed to have all of the services packs already.
  Just got notified my PC is ready for pickup so I'll be setting up tomorrow.

I purchases the recommended scenery last night and its waiting for a download from Orbx, they sure make great stuff.  Looking forward to the scenery you have for download.

Looking forward getting into FS again
Mark

Danjula

« Reply #1295 on: June 01, 2019, 06:35:38 AM »
I'm a new member of this community and I hope to have a wonderful experience with the great people on here. :D

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1296 on: June 01, 2019, 07:39:07 AM »
Welcome from a far away land Danjula and hopefully you'll feel right at home here with all us friendlies here at RTMM. Lots to do and see here and many places to fly! If you have any questions or problems please don't hesitate give a holler!

Welcome again.

Norm

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1297 on: June 01, 2019, 10:05:37 AM »
Welcome to RTMM, Danjula.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1298 on: June 01, 2019, 11:11:28 AM »
Hello Danjula!
Welcome to RTMM......have fun exploring Alaska and RTMM world.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1299 on: June 02, 2019, 09:12:57 AM »
Welcome Tinman and Danjula!

Rod

Maxulli

« Reply #1300 on: June 04, 2019, 06:55:38 AM »
MFC Introduction
Hello, I’m one of the new pilots in the Misty Flying Club, with my number MFC0101. Since I have finished some basic flights it’s time to introduce myself here.
My name is Hans-Ulrich Witt, better short as Ulli, and I’m a retired engineer for railway signalling. During my active I worked for many years in several countries, most in Asia, like Taiwan, China, India, Singapore and Saudi Arabia.
Flight simulation was always a great hobby for me, starting with FS 4 and going up to P3D4 now with some breaks between due to job and family.
Now I found the RTMM website, and the enthusiasm of the founders have impressed me. They provide a lot of freeware sceneries to extend the world of flight simulation, which was already improved by ORBX and famous Tongass Fjords.  However, so many places to fly and to discover – how and where to start? The suggested routes are very helpful, but the top is the MFC. And so I joined the community, and do not regret. It’s a very friendly atmosphere here.
After some flights I’m getting used to the Cigar Box, and the way, how to bid for tours there. However, may I suggest some ideas to help newcomers to enjoy the MFC.
Besides the basic instruction on the first page of the MFC forum, there are some other questions hidden in several pages of the forum, like how to change aircrafts, what about Pireps not submitted, about flight levels, about the route and how to stop a route. What happens, if a Pirep is rejected, how to repeat this flight or what about breaks during the tour. What about charter flights, what about cancelling due to the weather conditions etc.
Some of the questions are answered already, but it would be useful to have a section with Q&A, to find these infos faster. It makes it also easier for new pilots.
Anyway, it’s a great improvement for my “simmer life”, and I’d like to thank the developers of RTMM, and hope, they will continue and surprise us with more challenging addons.

Greetings from Germany
Ulli

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1301 on: June 04, 2019, 08:12:56 AM »
Welcome to RTMM, Ulli.   8)

Thanks for the suggestions.  There is a "search" function that finds relevant info in the threads.   :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:17:48 AM by jeff3163 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1302 on: June 04, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »
Welcome to RTMM and MFC Ulli. Indeed you have gotten right into the MFC flights and tours.
Now as far as your q&a.. indeed there is lots on the forum.. but I am working on a full MFC/Cigar Box manual. It takes a while to try to document all the items.. but I'm getting there. 

Welcome again and thanks for your suggestions and participation.

Norm
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:20:31 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1303 on: June 05, 2019, 07:04:46 AM »
Welcome, Ulli!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1304 on: June 05, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »
Hello and welcome to RTMM Ulli,
thank you for introducing yourself.
Have fun exploring the RTMM world, there‘s a lot to discover you will see...

Also greetings from Germany  ;)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals