Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989956 times)

Beardgoblin

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1275 on: February 13, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »
One new guy to another, welcome @Thomas May  8)
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1276 on: February 13, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
Welcome, Thomas!

Rod

Thomas May

« Reply #1277 on: February 14, 2019, 12:16:53 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes! I promise to ruin as few planes as possible

ANN XPAT

« Reply #1278 on: March 05, 2019, 05:00:37 PM »
I have been putting off doing this for far too long. I’m not great on introductions, but I will try.
Been flight simming for nearly sixteen years now. Most all of my flying has been solo. I did join DC3 Airways back in 2006 and have logged just over2000 hours with them. Some multiplayer, but most flying around the world countless times.

I am a real pilot, although not current. I did my solo in 1986 at PAJN, long before GPS. My brother (who is an A+P) and I bought an old Stinson 108 Voyager and rebuilt it. We sold it after a few years and bought a little Cessna. 24J ended up doing cartwheels down the Hoonah runway by a student pilot, so I’m told. I traded my airplanes for a family a few decades ago. I lived under PAJN’s runway 26 approach for nearly thirty years. I live in SW Florida now.

I’m getting ready to fully retire in the next year or so and hope to have more time to be a contributing member of a flight sim community. I have been lurking here for quite some time and thought I would take the plunge.

I must admit to having some concerns about loading up my scenery folders, an area I’m not as proficient with as others, but it looks like the instructions are pretty well laid out. I own all ORBX global and NA. I do not own Tongass Fjords, image that, having lived and flown there for years. I use P3D v4.4 and have eight GoFlight modules set up with my multi monitor system. Yup, down the rabbit hole full throttle! I still fly a great deal of GA, mostly lately in the A2A Bonanza V Tail and am just opening the Vertex DA62.

I do own the Milviz Beaver but don’t have many hours in it. I must admit to not being a big fan of GPS, but it’s starting to grow on me. I know, I know… it saves lives. But I want to fly, not push buttons!

Anyway…. I’ll go buy Tongass Fjords and start reading the directions in earnest. I’ll register on the forum and the flying club and we will see what happens.  Thanks for the opportunity to join the community. I look forward to making friends, learning, and probably virtually flying more nooks and crannies in SE AK than I ever really knew existed.

Cheers,

Bob Tonkin

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1279 on: March 05, 2019, 08:24:44 PM »
Hello Bob,
     Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for finally saying "hi".  We are a friendly bunch, and like to help out where we can.  It's nice to have a former Juneau resident in the mix.  It's also nice to have pilots in our midst, present or former.  Get settled in, and we'll see you at Misty's Place for the obligatory round.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1280 on: March 06, 2019, 07:12:18 AM »
Glad to have you aboard Bob. Take your time and enjoy the sights. Don't forget to ask for any help here if you need it.

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1281 on: March 06, 2019, 08:46:31 AM »
A warm welcome to you Bob. Thanks for your background and story: An-real expilot from Juneau with the navigational experience and skills without the use of GPS. Like a BUSH pilot even..lol.!!  So interesting when one realizes that pilots not too long ago pilots actually knew how to "fly the aircraft" "hands ON" and actually knew how to calculate and mark their own navigation points (E6-B, de'd reckoning (mag heading and time), checkpoints/landmarks to mark/fix position etc), instead of pushing a button on the GPS.

Anyways, there is lots of sim pilot's here who know the ins/outs of all the sim stuff: add-on scenery, aircraft etc so if you have any questions or if any help is required just give us a shout. Again a warm welcome to you Bob and enjoy your returning to your previous roots!

Norm
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:08:45 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1282 on: March 06, 2019, 04:31:44 PM »
Hello Bob,
welcome to RTMM!!!!
It`s great, you are a real pilot who used to fly in the area we explore in the sim.
Have fun !!!!!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1283 on: March 07, 2019, 10:14:01 AM »
Welcome, Bob!  With your background, you should really enjoy RTMM.  Have fun!

Rod

ArJuna

« Reply #1284 on: May 24, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »
Hi all,
My name is Jim.  I'm an avid flight sim pilot and previously pilot IRL. I've been flying sims since MSFS 1.0 back in the `80s.  I've always dreamt of flying IRL in Alaska and it's one of my favorite VFR flight areas in P3Dv4.

I just loaded up the RTMM libraries for the first time today. I already own nearly all ORBX products. They have a boat plane load of my money.  I bought Tongass Fjords X today to fill the gap and to allow me to try RTMM sceneries.

I am just about to load up my first RTMM scenery and I noticed some incorrect links to map graphics on the http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/ page.  I managed to find them on the Wayback version of that page from March 31, 2016, but I wanted to report them here. I'll post in the general thread with those.

I am a Navy veteran, electronics engineer turned computer engineer 35 years ago. I'm very capable of solving any PC issues. I spent my youth growing up in Europe as an Air Force brat. After the Navy I lived most my adult life in Washington, DC area with some long stints in Europe.
Cheers,
Jim

ETA
FFS, these Captcha things are a PITA.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1285 on: May 24, 2019, 02:51:14 AM »
Ahhh, ... the other Washington.   ???  Welcome to RTMM, Jim.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1286 on: May 24, 2019, 04:08:37 AM »
Hello Jim,
Welcome to RTMM.....Have fun !

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1287 on: May 24, 2019, 06:51:33 AM »
Quite the career Jim and experiences. Nice to have another well versed simmer here. A warm welcome to flying in this large RTMM areas and beyond!!!

Norm 
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ArJuna

« Reply #1288 on: May 24, 2019, 05:39:28 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  Looks like there's a of of work and flying ahead.  So many sceneries to install and fly. I read the story about Misty and her place. Powerful stuff.

Jim

Tinman

« Reply #1289 on: May 27, 2019, 08:52:58 PM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Mark Hansen (Tinman) and I'm from San Antonio TX.  I have been flying FS for quite a while, however I haven't been flying for a while.  I like flying small planes in the Pacific North west.   I also like the Captain Sim C-130 because of the speed to get there but slow enough to get into some neat fields.

back in the day I loved being in the Emma field flying club and I'm looking for a new flying club to fly multiplayer and voice.  (my PC is in the shop now so it will be a while before I can get on line.

I do have a quick question, I'm trying read all of the information, I don't see anything about FSX steam.  Can I connect with this club using FSX Steam edition, or do I need to use FSX.  If it must be FSX, do I need the acceleration pack.  I think I saw something about DX... what is that?  I need to know what to set up when I get my PC back.

Looking forward to joining (if you will have me) and getting back into the virtual skies.

Thanks,
Mark Tinman Hansen