Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989923 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1230 on: August 08, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
A Warm welcome Igor (Igor Doksas) (And newest MFC Pilot #MFC0059).  It's always nice to put away the tubes and do some real hands on flying in some great scenery! Enjoy the ruggedness of the scenics with your hands on the aircraft!! If you require any help or have any questions just give us a holler. Welcome again.

Norm
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:37:36 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1231 on: August 08, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Welcome, Doksas!

Rod

Kev73

« Reply #1232 on: November 08, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »
Hi from the UK, my name is Kev and am fairly new to FSX as not really used a flight sim since the days of the Commodore Amiga (remember those?). I'll be hones, my original intentions were to learn to fly tubeliners (and i will learn, one day) but after a couple of months was not really getting anywhere. Went to a flight sim show at RAF Cosford recently and got talking to some people who suggested 'starting small'. Got home, fired up the default c172 g1000 and have been having a blast working my way back to the UK from Kansas where i 'collected' the airplane. Between that and watching some re-runs of Ice Pilots and Flying Wild Alaska, it has got me interested in bush flying. After doing some searching online a lot of people mentioned checking this site out and, after watching some youtube videos, my goodness, it looks amazing. Especially with all the created flight-plans and stories behind them (like the idea you are delivering people/cargo to these isolated locations).
As it stands all i have is FSX : Steam Edition, i will possibly be moving onto p3d (if/when the out of memory messages i have heard about start getting too frequent) so essentially have a blank slate. From my understanding all 3 of the ORBX sceneries and Tongass Fjords will need to be added before installing the RTMM objects and scenery?
 I also really like the look of the MilViz Beaver (will also need to learn old-school navigation by the looks of it, have been spoilt by gps).
Anyway, just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to flying and discovering this amazing looking scenery (and learning to fly a taildragger).

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1233 on: November 08, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »
     Hello Kev, and welcome to Return to Misty Moorings.  (The forum). :D  Get settled in, and read through the forum posts.  There is gold in these hills.  We have collected years of sage advice concerning the enjoyment of Alaska in our simulators.
     If you need help, just ask.  We also endorse boating in the Misty Fjords, and there are many river runs and boat trips to be had.  In P3d, you can even get completely submersed in the ocean depths with submarine type craft.  FYI.  But mostly we fly amphibians and taildraggers to remote dirt strips and backwaters.  Again, Welcome.    8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1234 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »
A warm welcome Kev and welcome to simming in the bush. Yes the NA Orbx's and Tongass goes in, then RTMM on top. Works very nice, looks great and brings a lots of scenics to this area. If you have any questions or problems etc, just give us a holler.  Welcome again and hope you really enjoy flying up here.

Norm
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:17:05 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1235 on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:21 PM »
Welcome, Kev73!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1236 on: November 09, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
Hello Kev,
welcome to RTMM have exploring the simworld.
This is the best place for bushflying in alaska in the virtual world.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

simmersince81

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here) & I am Greg
« Reply #1237 on: December 03, 2018, 01:44:36 AM »
Hello to all in Misty's Moorings and MFC.

As my Nickname would suggest I have been Flight Simming since 1981, which makes me rather old, but never-the-less, I think I am still "with it"! Started with Sub-Logics flight sim and have graduated up through all but one of ACE's MS flight sims - and now moved to P3d v4.  I have flown a LOT! Now approaching 20,000 flight sim hours. I love Low & Slow. Been looking at RTMM for many years and finally decided it was a good choice, especially after Misty's Flight Club got running.

I have been a member of my fist and only VA for 5 years now, but it is slowly morphing into something I am not  .  .  .  and so here I am. On first glance, this looks like a welcoming, fun and inclusive Group and I am looking forward to flying with you all - and helping out where I can.

Regards,
Greg
Dunedin, New Zealand

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1238 on: December 03, 2018, 07:20:02 AM »
You're first glance is correct, Sir.  Welcome to RTMM, the forum.  Glad you finally touched down.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1239 on: December 03, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »
A warm welcome to you Greg. I see you that you just joined up at MFC and have already completed MFC Tour 1. Sure can tell that you have been flying for a while Like maybe since 1981!! lol) Great landing rates. 

NZ has some nice bush flying areas down under! some of which is kind of similar to that of some Alaskan areas. Hope you feel right at home here and enjoy the trip.

If you have any questions or have any problems just give a holler.!

Welcome again Greg.

Norm
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:16:35 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1240 on: December 03, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
Welcome, Greg!   I, too, first became infatuated with flight simming via subLOGIC's Flight Sim II for the Commodore Amiga in the late 80s.   Take your time as you enjoy all the wonderful things RTMM has to offer. 
We are a very friendly group so don't hesitate to ask questions as you go along.   You will find the RTMM users to be a helpful, responsive group.  Have fun!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1241 on: December 03, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
Hello Greg,
welcome to RTMM! Have fun flying slow and low!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1242 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you in the fold. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask for any help in our forums.

Now as our dearly departed friend "Spud" used to always let newest members know....
"Newbies have to get the first round at Misty's Place!!"

Brad

simmersince81

« Reply #1243 on: December 05, 2018, 03:25:20 AM »
"Newbies have to get the first round at Misty's Place!!"

Jeff, Norm, Rod, Brad, Klaus.  Tab is set up at the Bar. Have one - or several - on me for such a warm welcome. Thank you.

Will certainly take you up on the offer of help if I get stuck on anything Guys.

Greg

laserpoint490

« Reply #1244 on: January 09, 2019, 10:31:48 PM »
I've been a fan and user of Misty Moorings addons from FS9 to now.  Decided to join Misty Flying Club to explore this wonderful world that's been created for flight sim.  I enjoy making missions for FSX, recently completing 13 missions that tour national parks and the Cascade Volcanic Arc in the western US.  Now working on my fourth SR-71 mission, but love the break flying low and slow in Alaska that Misty Moorings provides.

Besides flight sim, I enjoy fly fishing, hiking, and options trading. I retired end of Jan 2017 after over 40 years as an electrical engineer.  I started out designing speed controls for diesel and gas engines and gas and steam turbines. Spent over 30 years designing electronics for the aerospace industry including precision laser pointing, solar tracking, and solar irradiance instruments for Hubble Space Telescope, James Web Space Telescope, and the International Space Station.  Now it's time to really enjoy life! 

I'm looking forward to the new adventures and comradery that seems to be in abundance here.

laserpoint490 (Alan)
Loveland, Colorado
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:38:16 PM by laserpoint490 »