Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 993239 times)

falckenhaus

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #960 on: February 03, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
Hello everyone...
i'm from far far from bush flying land called Poland...i was looking for community that share same interest in bush flying..i hope i've found one here...i'm flightsim bush flying enthusiast.. flying Beaver most of the time and Super Cub lately from time to time..
sorry for my english if i will make any gramma mistakes :)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #961 on: February 03, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »
Welcome aboard RTMM,
Bush flying is the game for sure.  Getting started takes a bit of effort to install all the required libraries and software but the effort will produce the most extensive and best bush flying scenery available anywhere.
The best way is to start at step one, the home page:

http://return.mistymoorings.com/

The information there has links to just about everything you will require for a successful RTMM experience.
Hundreds of location to visit and explore low and slow.

And of course being the 'new guy' we will all meet you at Misty's Place so you can buy the beer!
Enjoy and keep the shiny side up!
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #962 on: February 03, 2016, 12:39:27 PM »
(Spud, they might have BETTER BEER in Poland!!!) :-)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #963 on: February 03, 2016, 01:19:53 PM »
Of course they do but its a looooonnnngggg flight at 80 Kts. and 1000'.

At least Misty's does have Moosehead beer.

Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #964 on: February 03, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
Hello falckenhaus,
     Welcome to the Return to Misty Moorings forum.  Yes, you are in the right place for bush flying.  That is all we do around here.  Low and slow, and down in the bush.  Don't worry about "gramma" mistakes around here.  We're pretty good at figuring out what is meant.  My gramma makes mistakes sometimes too.   ;D  Ok, no more gramma jokes.  Anyway, let us know if you need any help getting set up for Alaskan bush flying.

(*Gramma=Slang for Grandmother, your mom or dad's mother)  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

falckenhaus

« Reply #965 on: February 04, 2016, 02:02:57 AM »
Thanks a lot guys! I hope except beer we have few things in common ;) at least we have Moose here too :)
Anyway I've have almost all required soft installed I need just few things straight from RTMM but slowly I should be ready soon. I'm really excited..Once again thx a lot for warm welcome

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #966 on: February 04, 2016, 07:36:57 AM »
Hi Falckenhaus,

Welcome to RTMM.   Your English is just fine.   It is certainly good enough to have a great time here at RTMM.   There is a lot to see so take your time.   Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them because we have a pretty responsive staff.

Have fun!

Rod

Stearmandriver

« Reply #967 on: February 08, 2016, 07:10:09 AM »
Hi there folks.  I've just discovered Misty Moorings, and all I can say is... WOW.  Seriously.

You guys have created an absolutely beautiful "world" here!  I can't even imagine how much work went into all this.

In real life, I fly for the hometown airline up in Southeast.  And while it's great fun flying 737s in and out of places like Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Petersburg etc, I spend a lot of time looking out the window on nice days at all the amazing places we're passing by, and hoping I get the chance to explore it all someday.  I was initially skeptical of desktop simulation, but I had no idea how far it had all come - the aircraft, the scenery, the weather... crazy!  I've just done a couple RTTM hops, but I can see that your flight plans and scenery will actually be an incredibly fun way to get acquainted with all the terrain I've always wanted to know better.  I can tell you the next time I'm descending on the RNP 29  to PAKT I'll be looking up Bostwick inlet and picturing Misty's Place ;-).

The hop I flew was in the Flight Replicas Super Cub (I used to instruct in a Cub, always had a soft spot for them) from Ketchikan to the Anan bear observatory.  I did it at dawn, in the fall, in Active Sky Next weather which thankfully wasn't windy up there tonight, but otherwise classic Southeast - ceiling ragged, up and down, in and out of rain showers.  Left the door open the whole way... guess there are some advantages to virtual flying ;-).

Anyway, point is, I was blown away at how immersive it all was... the way the cub tended to yaw around in the bumps, the up and down weather, the unbelievable scenery, ORBXs and yours.  And the storytelling you put into it.

Sincerely guys, thanks.  REALLY well done, you've knocked it out of the park with all of this.  I look forward to lots of exploration!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:13:41 AM by Stearmandriver »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #968 on: February 08, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »
Hello Stearmandriver,
     Welcome to Return to Misty Moorings.  Thanks for the kind words.  This site has been growing over the years, and we too are sometimes amazed at the size of it.  Much to explore.  Remember to pack out your trash, and don't feed the bears.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #969 on: February 08, 2016, 11:54:19 AM »
Welcome aboard Stearmandriver,
low n' slow is RTMM in a nutshell.  Glad your enjoying the efforts of the developers who try to bring the best adventures going 'here to there'.
Once your flight is complete its nice to just sit back and enjoy the great scenery provided by ORBX.  When compared to default FSX the world is so much closer to the actual beauty you see every day although from much higher.
Oh, yeah, see you at Misty's Place so you can buy the beer!
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #970 on: February 08, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »
Hello falckenhaus!
Welcome here on RTMM....have fun exploring the RTMM world.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #971 on: February 08, 2016, 05:08:57 PM »
Hello Stearmandriver!
Welcome to RTMM.
It's great having a real pilot flying in the area of our RTMM world.
Take your time exploring the places and sceneries our great developpers offer for us. It is so much fun flying in this virtual world.
But flying in the real world there must be outstanding.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #972 on: February 08, 2016, 08:59:50 PM »
Welcome, Stearmandriver!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.  We are a very friendly group!  Have fun!

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #973 on: February 13, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »
Welcome to RTMM Stearmandriver and Falkenhaus. And anybody else I've missed. I've been away placing hangars, signs, pipes. You know. Work..

Heading up to the PNW in July/August. Going to Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, then on a 7 day Glaciers Cruise on Princess. Following that up with five days of sightseeing around Denali, Anchorage, Seward. Can't wait. I'll be flying from KMCO into KSLC, KPDX and then back out of PANC for KMSP, KMCO on Delta.

Thanks for taking an interest in RTMM and if you need any assistance, just ask.

Have fun,

Brad

tgarner

Re: Hi, I'm new! Terry
« Reply #974 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:50 PM »
Hello from Alna, Maine.  I was stationed at a radar site in Alaska in the mid 70's and became friends with several bush pilots. I remember listening to stories of their adventures and thinking I would have loved bush flying as well.  Such as life, I left the state and never got a chance to go on a flight.  Thank you RTMM for giving me this chance.

Terry G.
SPA628