Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990036 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #945 on: January 14, 2016, 09:19:49 PM »
Hi Ron,
     First of all, sit back and relax.  Take a deep breath, blow it out, then repeat if necessary.  You should probably begin by reading the instructions provided on the home page, Misty's Place, or various threads on the topic of where to begin. 
     Welcome to RTMM and the forum.  We are happy to help guide you along the path to "bush country".  It all starts by installing the libraries.  Our scenery is not only Orbx compatible, it requires you to own the Orbx regions you wish to fly in.  All our locations are within the Orbx regional boundaries of PNW, PFJ, SAK, and Tongass Fjords by FSAddon.  Our locations are compatible with FSX and all P3D versions.  So breathe a sigh of relief, and smile slightly (to yourself).  You've found us.  Oh, and the downloads are in the download section.  ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

wombat

« Reply #946 on: January 14, 2016, 10:25:44 PM »
Hi Jeff,
OK I'm relaxed, printed the guide and reading now.
I have the 4 global ones from Orbx, also North America Pacific Northwest, can I use any of your downloads with these?

Are there any others that you think I should get?

I should point out that I am a pensioner and on a restricted budget here in Western Australia.

Ron

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #947 on: January 15, 2016, 10:10:17 AM »
Welcome to RTMM Ron,
besides the Home page information, which is a great starting point, have a look at this:

http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php

It leads you step by step through the process for RTMM to look its best and work the smoothest for you.

These forums have a great deal of information gleaned from several years of user input and advice so use the search function for specific questions and if that doesn't answer any question just pop on and ask.

Now for the important part for all 'newbies' when will you meet the gang at Misty's Place to buy the beer?
 8)
Later,

Spud

wombat

« Reply #948 on: January 15, 2016, 05:10:40 PM »
Hi Spud,

That is the guide that I printed, so I am starting in the correct place, that's good to know.

How can I get one of the great sig pic's that other members have?

Re the meet at Misty's Place to buy the beer, did I mention that I am a pensioner on a restriceted budget, ok I'll start saving for the beer.  :) :)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #949 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:39 PM »
Hello Wombat and Welcome to RTMM.

As Jeff and Spud have already said the basic's for getting up to speed, I'll just say that when we designed our scenery it was meant to fit inside the ORBX FTX Regional scenery packages that Jeff mentioned. Those are "Pacific Fjords", "Southern Alaska" and "Pacific Northwest". And the FSAddon region that meshes in between PFJ and SAK, "Tongass Fjords".

So, were not sure how the objects we placed for our scenery locations found inside those regions will look at the same location inside FTX Global. Not yet at least because not all of us use that product line.

So, if you only have FTX Global and PNW installed at the moment, you'll most likely find that the majority of our locations might not show up in your simulator as they were designed. That is until you get the last three pieces of our coverage area puzzle in place. PFJ, SAK and Tongass.

Off the top of my head, what will work for you right now out of the box with your installation of PNW, I created the "Pacific Northwest Scenery Collection" that's available on our scenery page. That was designed for PNW. Also, I just completed "Vancouver Island Project: North Island". That's also going to fit in with PNW. You can also get "Owikeno Lake" and use that for sure. Doug did a great job as project lead on that one. That scenery alone will keep you interested for awhile. Also look for the scenery in our library by Urs Burkhardt named "Westwood Inn".  Nice and challenging place there.

Anybody else have some other PNW suggestions?

Good luck and save those pennies up so you can get PFJ, SAK and Tongass someday. You'll be glad you did.

Welcome again to RTMM.

Have fun,

Brad

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #950 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:17 PM »
Also, forgot to mention Wombat that Tongass Fjords is on sale right now for next to nothing. That's an amazing addition you'll be happy with.

Look near the top in our "General discussion" forum for that thread which was posted recently about Tongass being on sale.

Brad

wombat

« Reply #951 on: January 15, 2016, 08:56:19 PM »
Hi brad,
thank you for your feedback, I have also just printed the 17 page Object Library Pages, still reading now.

I will also follow your advice and suggestions.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #952 on: January 16, 2016, 08:35:46 AM »
Hi Ron,

Welcome to RTMM!  As you can see, a lot to do here.   Have fun!

Rod

wombat

« Reply #953 on: January 16, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
Hi Rod,
There sure is, i will be away for about 2 weeks so may leave this until I get home again.

Ron

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #954 on: January 19, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
Hi Ron and welcome to us. No worries we will be here after you get back in two weeks. 

I am always amazed at the depth of RTMM and all it offers, it's brilliant for us who enjoy the low and slow feeling.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

wombat

« Reply #955 on: January 19, 2016, 08:47:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Robert, I have found time to download the libs so far

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #956 on: January 20, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Robert, I have found time to download the libs so far

That is the best starting point you could ever have Ron.
Good news is that we wont make you buy the beer again when you get back!!!  :P
 ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

wombat

« Reply #957 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »
I don't remember buying the the beer the first time, it's a bugga when you get old ain't it.  :)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #958 on: January 29, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
Hi,
just gotta blow the old horn today.  Just noticed that its been exactly 5 years I've been yackin' at folks here at RTMM.
Time does fly when your having fun.  Still the most interesting site for flight simming on the Internet.
RTMM is still going strong and we are working on even more great scenery etc.
Thanks for putting up with this "Grumpy Old Fart all this time.   :P ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #959 on: January 29, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »
Congratulations Spud!    8)  I agree.  :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P