Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 992285 times)

DaveLTB

• When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #300 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
OK, I'm buying - Step right up to the bar at Misty's Place, Ladies and Gentlemen - Barman, bring on the virtual beer if you would be so kind...

Thanks for the welcome and aircraft insights. I'm looking for a great plane that I can spend some serious time learning.
  • The A2A cub looks like it is exquisitely modeled, but is it not too slow for getting around the whole RTMM area?
  • The Aerosoft beaverX looks faster and more complex, but it seems to be a port-over from their FX9-version. Does this manifest anything negative? Lovely screenshots, Jeff - particularly those using the Fed-Ex paint. Your excellent "Beaver Sots" post reads like a review - very useful.   
  • I looked at the advertising for the Lionheart Pacer but couldn't find a review anywhere (bad Google, bad boy  ;) ).
Anyone else have any experience with either of these three aircraft?

By the way, is there any way of buying a real round - in the form of a donation - surely this wonderful site has expenses ???
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town
(Flight Simulator Cockpit Builder)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #301 on: December 12, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
By the way, is there any way of buying a real round - in the form of a donation - surely this wonderful site has expenses

Sure thing Dave,
     There's a "Donate Button" here:

http://return.mistymoorings.com/donate/  ;)

The Aerosoft beaverX looks faster and more complex, but it seems to be a port-over from their FX9-version. Does this manifest anything negative? Lovely screenshots, Jeff - particularly those using the Fed-Ex paint. Your excellent "Beaver Shots" post reads like a review - very useful.

I haven't noticed anything "negative".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:29:29 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

DaveLTB

« Reply #302 on: December 12, 2012, 12:50:00 AM »
First real round bought  ;)
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2012, 12:54:03 AM »
I think I can speak for all 503 of us when I say "Thanks Dave".  8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #304 on: December 12, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
Here Here, I propose a toast!! To our new members, all of them! "Here's to you, here's to me, may we never disagree!"

And thanks Dave. Most appreciated.

Brad

tphelps

« Reply #305 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »
I'm just a member here of several months, but I'd like to welcome the new members to RTMM. These are some wonderfully talented and gracious folks who are always willing to lend a hand when needed. And they've been known to down a pint or three on occasion!  ;)

Thanks for the welcome and aircraft insights. I'm looking for a great plane that I can spend some serious time learning.
  • The A2A cub looks like it is exquisitely modeled, but is it not too slow for getting around the whole RTMM area?
  • The Aerosoft beaverX looks faster and more complex, but it seems to be a port-over from their FX9-version. Does this manifest anything negative? Lovely screenshots, Jeff - particularly those using the Fed-Ex paint. Your excellent "Beaver Sots" post reads like a review - very useful.   
  • I looked at the advertising for the Lionheart Pacer but couldn't find a review anywhere (bad Google, bad boy  ;) ).
Anyone else have any experience with either of these three aircraft?

Dave--The A2A Cub is a standard setter and a joy to fly on shorter low-and-slow runs. On the other hand, the Flight Replicas Super Cub offers bush and amphibious variations and has considerably more power for maneuvering and slightly longer flights.

The new Lionheart Super Pacer PA20/22 180 is a very nice rendition with custom gauge panels, floats, bush, and tri-cycle variations, and good power. It's a joy to fly. I think Lionheart has done a great job. I do wish it had an amphibian version, however. Regardless, I find myself flying the Super Pacer a lot lately.

The Beaver has those wonderful classic looks, with decent power, load capacity, and range. But, Aerosoft's BeaverX, IMHO, is a little long-in-the-tooth. I really wish A2A would consider a remake of this classic plane.

Carenado has the Cessna 185, and I think the 206 (neither of which I have flown), but lots of people like them a lot. On my list for future purchases.

If Carenado's C-208 had an amphib model, it would be another great choice. But, alas, it doesn't.

There is a free version of the Pilatus PC-6 Porter that is quite good. Definitely worth a look.

There are numerous other very worthy bush flyers available, but the one that seldom gets any time inside my hangar is Lionheart's Quest Kodiak. This plane really can do it all. It has the power (750 hp) and speed for longer flights, tremendous load capacity (10-people plus cargo pod), and the amazing capability for landing or taking off on <700 feet. It comes in wheels and floats/amphib variations, HD textures, and of course, a Garmin G1000 triple glass cockpit. Definitely my go-to bush flyer.

Those are just a few options to consider. You will absolutely love flying any of these in the Misty Moorings. I hope to see you in the skies!

Safe flights,

Ted
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:00:29 PM by tphelps »
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

DaveLTB

« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
Hello Ted
Thanks for your detailed reply. This kind of post really helps.

I have a question:
I had a look at Lionheart's Quest Kodiak and some reviews and it looks really good. Having some glass cockpit familiarity, this looks less intimidating to me than some. However, does your argument against the Aerosoft Beaver not also apply to Lionheart's Quest Kodiak? It was last updated/patched in 2009 and appears to be another FS9-to-FSX updated portover. Is the aircraft FSX quality?
How does she fly? And even more importantly, how good is it for sightseeing - (after all that's what RTMM is all about, is it not?)

Dave
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:38 PM »
We're getting off topic here.  May I suggest you make a new thread or pick up a conversation on an existing thread about the planes, as this is the "Introduce yourself here" thread.  Thanks.  ;)

DaveLTB

« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »
Oops
Already got smacked and I've only just joined  ;D

Ok Jeff, Will do
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:08 AM »
It happens all the time.     ;)  Thanks.   8)

Lightman74

« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
Hi guys,

Dom here.  Just want to say hi.  Been a fan since I purchased the original Misty Fjords for FS2004.  Since then I've purchased the FS2004 and FSX version of Tongass and love it.

I joined today, really just to say thanks for all the work you guys do.  I'm mostly an X-Plane user at the moment as I primarily use OSX now, but it's your scenery files and enhancements which always bring me back to FSX, so I just want to say thanks for all your hard work

The A.I shipping I downloaded today is amazing!!

Many thanks.

Dom

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2012, 06:36:47 PM »
Thanks Dom and welcome back!

Brad

spirit_66

« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2013, 02:27:06 AM »
Hi,

well, I'm Rudi and stumbled some weeks ago over beaver and MD500 repaints called Misty Mooring. I liked the nice style but didn't go deeper what's behind Misty. Today I came across the paintings again and got curious what's behind this name.

I'm in some way overwhelmed from all the wonderful sceneries you've done. I installed Misty's place and like it much because I'm a great fan of the areas PNW, PFJ and Tongass and now I'm here.

Short comment to my person. I'm a retired German living in Thailand now since more then 6 years. I guess in 2004 I had the FS9 but stopped playing with it. In 2012 I saw my old Joystick and installed FSX. I've more time now and I like flying Helis in FSX but also small air-crafts like the Beaver.

Thanks
Rudi
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

DaveLTB

« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2013, 03:53:59 AM »
Welcome Rudi
I'm also new here, and am still finding my way through this enormous site.
The guys (and gals?) here have really put in a huge amount of work - the site needs nearly as much exploring at the RTMM area itself.
This site is a prime example of how wonderful our hobby really is.
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »
Hello Rudi,
     Welcome to RTMM.  Yes, exploring the forums is the best way to get started around here.  If you have questions, just ask.   ;)  Everyone here shares that love of the Orbx fjords and the bush flying.   8)