Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 992576 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
Hi plug_nikel,
welcome here n RTMM!!!!!
Give low and slow a try!!!! It´s much fun in this beauiful location! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

plug_nickel

« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »
The bar tab is on me 'till the Dispatch door opens again.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »
Welcome plug_nickel,

Take your time and look around.  There is a lot to do here.   Everyone is quite friendly and very willing to help.  If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask.

Rod

rpowers46

« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
Hi,My name is Ron from Ottawa,Ill.I have not introduced myself yet but have been using the forums.I have been flight simming since my Tandy 1000 a long time ago.I love this stuff and enjoy all the people I have met thru it.I am old,but I have been doing it a long time( downloading and installing etc.) so please have patience with my inquiries. Thanks,Ron

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
Hi Ron,
     Welcome to RTMM.  Thanks for coming over to introduce yourself.  As you've already found out, we are happy to help.  Ottawa, Illinois eh?  At first glance, I missed the "Ill" part.  It's good to have another middle US'er with us.   Happy holidays everyone  ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:26:00 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »
Howdy Ron,
Welcome aboard RTMM.  Your in luck as Fishbone just posted about a new sign he will be adding to Misty's Place announcing Happy Hour.  With the new guy having to buy the beer it will help save some dough!
As Rod says any problems or questions just jump on the board and ask for help.  We will do our best to help out.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #291 on: December 11, 2012, 05:33:24 AM »
Hi Ron,
welcome here on RTMM!! :)

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

DaveLTB

• When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade
« Reply #292 on: December 11, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
Hello All

How on earth does an ancient old South African like me wind up at Misty Moorings?

I have been an admirer of Holger Sandmann for more years than I care to remember.
Now that I have reached as stage in life where one asks what is important, my answer would have been "get a PPL and go shares with someone in a light aircraft. Unfortunately I am not able to do that anymore - at 60 years old my eyes just don't cut it anymore. So I decided to return to Flight-Simming again, but more seriously this time. If I can't do it for real then I'll just have to make flight simulation "as good as it can possibly get". I have just built a multi-monitor setup - 9 monitors powered by 5 high-end PC's, and now it's time to get stuck into some serious flying.
Since Holger Sandmann is now attached to ORBX, I started raking notice of  ORBX sceneries.  This means I would have to look at Australia, New Zealand in the southern hemisphere or the Pacific North West of the Americas in the norther hemisphere.  Australia and NZ are a South African's natural sporting enemies, so I would have great difficulty relating to either place. I am also passionate about spectacular sceneries, so here I am.  8)

May I be so bold as to ask the first question:
I have never done any bush-flying in FSX before. My FSX  experience has so far been on heavy jets and old multi-prop (notably A2A B377) aircraft. I realize that to fly seriously around RTMM one needs to become very proficient with one's virtual aircraft - i.e., another lengthy learning curve. So, my first question: which aircraft do most of you use for Bush Flying? I am currently looking at A2A's Piper Cub or Aerosoft's BeaverX.

Greetings from Cape Town at the Southern tip of Africa

Dave Britzius
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town
(Flight Simulator Cockpit Builder)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #293 on: December 11, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »
Hi Dave,
a big warm welcome here on RTMM!!!
Our community is growing more and more international....Wow, that`s fantastic!

Wow, ....9 monitors and 5 Pc`s built together to one setup....Man, THAT IS A SET-UP!!!!! :)
You must have rented a hangar to build it up....  :)

Just look around here, download the goodies you find...fire up your sim... take off, and you will soon realize the misty`s region is a very special and unique place for flightsimming.... :)

Again, welcome aboard and have fun!

DaveLTB

• When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
Thanks for your warm welcome, Klaus
Actually, the system is very small and compact.
Attached is just a small quick Pic of the system.
If you count you will actually see 11 monitors.The two on the bottom left are not actually connected to the Wideview system, but instead they are connected to the Wideview server via WideFS where FS commander is linked to the system. So, if you like, there are actually 11 monitor and 6PCs in the entire system.
Biggest problem is that it gets rather hot in the room because it is so small!  :P
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town
(Flight Simulator Cockpit Builder)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #295 on: December 11, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
Dave,
Wow, I´m speechless.....Looking really great!
Thanks for the picture! I see you built up your own construction to attach the monitors.

:)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #296 on: December 11, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »
Hi Dave,
  A big welcome from me.  Don't mind my Hog, I couldn't afford a Harley.    :-\     Lot's to explore here and plenty of help to get you up and running.   Both your aircraft mentions will fill the bill nicely.  I have both the A2A Cub and Aerosoft Beaver and love them.  The new Tri Pacer from Lionheart Creations is a fun bush plane as well.  Even the good ol C185 Amphipian (from Carenado) is a fine choice.   There are others as well.

Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
Welcome aboard Dave,
RTMM is a great 'home', friendly, helpful folks who are always eager to help out with any question you might have.  Just as the aircraft question you have already asked.
I must say I'm more than amazed at your 'cockpit' photo.   :o   I can imagine the heat generated by that many electronic gadgets running.   :P   Have to keep a good supply of cold brew handy.   :)   Speaking of which you do know that the 'newbie' is required to buy the beer at Misty's Place until being replaced by the next member to join us?  Belly up to the bar boys and girls Dave's buying.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
Wow Dave, that's some rig you got there.  You know we're all drooling.  Except maybe Rod.  He's set up pretty fancy too.  Welcome to RTMM.  I'd be happy to tell you that I am a beaver driver.  I fell in love with the Aerosoft Beaver X last year, and fly it almost exclusively.  I have a thread in the screenshots called "Beaver Shots", if you want to have a look.  (it's the thread with 1600+ views, can't imagine why.)  The A2A cub is nice too, for a stroll through the scenery.  If you have any questions or problems, (that aren't already covered in the forum) just ask.  We love to solve problems.  It helps everyone.  It will be interesting to see your FSX screenshots.   ???

PS-Thanks for the beer! ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:22:26 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

rpowers46

« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »
Hey,I missed the part about buying the beer.First 8 rounds are on me,then I have to crash(bed I mean haha).Tomorrow I need to shoot a hole in one and buy another round.This place is getting better all the time.Ron