Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 993004 times)

jeywhy

• VFR. It's not just for flying
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #270 on: November 07, 2012, 01:59:13 PM »
Hi Dan and the gang. I am like a kid in a candy store, so many things to do.  :P
Like dental12 I found your site through PC Pilot.
Thank you to all those people who have spent their free time to make the Orbx scenery come alive.
 Beating about the bush has never been so much fun. ;)
Win 7 64, Intel i7 920, 24GB, water cooled. CH yoke & quad throttle. Saitek X52Pro, Pro peddles, trim wheel, and TrackIR V5

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »
Hi dental 12,
a big warm welcome here on RTMM!
I´m sure you`ll like this great community here.

We discussed P3D already in some posts. I personally didn`t try switching from FSX to P3D.
I´m not sure if all the software and hardware on my computer will work without problems using P3D.

If you have questions feel free asking... :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Hi jeywhy,
also a very big warm welcome here on RTMM!  :)
Great, you liked the PCPilot`s article.
Just like around here on the forums....take some time...there`s much to discover!

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »
Hello Dental12, hello Jeywhy,

Welcome at RTMM.
As klaus said, take all time to discover the RTMM sceneries.
We will get soon, we hope so, a new area for which we have many ideas.
OrbX SAK will be a very nice country, a nice place for bush flying, and we are impatient to add there what we have added to PFJ and Tongass.

Cheers,

Xavier
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:26:41 PM by Fishbone »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »
Hello Dental12, hello Jeywhy,

Welcome!  I think you will find RTMM to be a fun site with a very responsive staff.   Don't hesitate to ask if you have any quesions or need help with a particular scenery package.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
Uhoh!
I can see a problem from the new publicity bringing in fresh blood to RTMM.  We will just have to require all newbies to buy one round of beer so nobody slips through the cracks with multiple new RTMM members joining the ranks the same day.
Welcome aboard to Dental12 and jeywhy as already pointed out we are like a big ol' family 'round' here.  Need to know something just ask.  I can say with certainty that you could spend at least a week just reading and becoming familiar with all the great content available on the board before you even downloaded your first scenery location so dig in, enjoy and let the journey begin!
 8)
Later,

Spud

ExEcho

« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »
Hello to all,

I post this from Belgium where I've discovered your site and all the possibilities you offered...
A new return to VFR for me...

Thanks, and appologyse if I make mistake in English, it's not my native...

Jean-Mi

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
Hi Jean-Mi,
welcome here on RTMM! Gretings to Belgium!
You will soon see there`s pretty much to discover here. Take some time and have a look around here.

... and English isn`t my native, too.
The only mistake you can do is not asking questions if you have any. So, always feel free asking if you are in need for help!!!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »
Hi Jean-Mi,

Welcome to RTMM!   Don't worry about the language we just want to help when you need it or just chat whenever you have a comment or question.  I think you will find this is a fun place to be.  Take your time and enjoy all there is to see.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
Jean-Mi,
welcome aboard RTMM and a return to VFR.  Low, slow and under the weather for the "journey", as you become familiar with RTMM and all it has to offer I think you will rarely fly the 'tubeliners' any more.  I'm sure if you have a question it will be answered without too much of a problem due to language difficulties.  We will work it out I'm sure.
Belgium has excellent beer I understand.  This is good because the new guy has to buy the beer!  ;D

8)
Later,

Spud

ExEcho

« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2012, 06:43:03 PM »
For the beer? No probs, i've lots for you...
But only Leffe (May be X-Mass Leffe?)

Just... In my PC6? Lots of beer?

OK I read, Try and Ask if Q???

Jean-Mi

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »
A big welcome to the newest members!  I'm sure you'll find many enjoyable hours of flying and discovering to be had here.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2012, 03:50:50 AM »
Bienvenue Jean-Mi !

Leffe is a good idea. By 6 !

Safe flight.

Xavier

plug_nickel

« Reply #283 on: November 25, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »
I've dusted off FSX, some ORBX files and Tongass X, signed up and walked thru the Dispatch door.

What a great site! I "should of, would of, could of" years ago but WWI, WWII, Korea, IL-2, Falcon 4, DCS, all had me flying and fighting.

What a pleasure to fly "low 'n slow" without getting blown out of sky or having to constantly "check 6".

Old habits do die hard though. I'll be using Plan-G as a kneeboard to navigate with for a while.

Cheers,

plug_nickel (old Fighter Duel call sign)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
Hey plug_nickle,
welcome aboard RTMM!  As you have already discovered the 'journey' is the icing on the cake.  With over 130 destinations to fly to that makes a lot of 'journeys' to enjoy.  Of course that is only part of the package with AI shipping and A/C to make the journey even more interesting it just never seems to end.  The development team is constantly at work bringing new and better things to RTMM.
Of course Jean-Mi will be happy to be off the hook on buying the beer because as the "newbie" your on the hook for keeping the bar stocked.  ;D
An Old Fighter Duel call sign is familiar to me.  My 'Spud' comes from my real life call sign as a Naval Aviator.  I hail from Idaho so it was a natural progression for my call sign.
 8)
Later,

Spud