Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 993212 times)

JJJackson

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:24 AM »
Hi I'm Jack J Jackson

a Swede now living in Spain. I know the name doesn't look Swedish but my grandparents were from the US. I'm retierd (my whife says retarded!!!) lawyer with a background in the forces (left as a major).
Started wit FS in -98 and now using FSX.

I'm very glad to have found this site and I know it will give me hours and hours of fun.

Jack

foggy-bottom

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »
Hi Folks - good to see the Misty Gang turning their amazing good work to FSX.  I guess it solves a small issue I had:  wether or not to go for PNW and ORCA'S, or go for PFJ and wait for PAKT?  ORCA'S was my first ever add-on for FS9 so I have some nice memories of flying around that area.  The availability of Vic+ and continued updates to CYYJ has kept that interest going...  and I found that I could run ORCA'S for FS9 in FSX with only a few glitches - mostly the mesh not lining up, but hey...  sometimes needs must!!

Just recently, I've dusted of the old joystick and done some splashing about in the default Beaver around the Tongass area.  So I guess with some great looking location files provided to liven up the area, I guess I will have to raid the plastic and go for PFJ.  Some of the locations look really familiar...

OK - out of time just now.  The final two episodes of "The Killing" just about to start on BBC TV here in the UK...

Regards  /  "Foggy"

Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
Hi there Foggy and welcome.

There's no either/or decision with anything that comes out of the OrbX / FtX sheds. All their stuff is good; no buts. And then there's Vancouver, Tongass and Misty that fit in seamlessly, along with existant and planned airfields - even PAKT as a separate field. Heck, if you're up for a long flight, Aerosoft's even got Dutch Harbor on the market...

There's only one "rule" and that is "there are no rules - just have fun!" Enjoy your stay in the Moorings Foggy, whether it's for a spot of banter in the bar, some aquatic frolics or even a drive round the countryside, not to mention the flights in and around the almost fifty locations dotted around the Moorings. Maybe you'll even meet some of the other members during an online MP session.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

foggy-bottom

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »
Hi One-Eye,  so this is where you've been hiding!!  I wondered where you had got to.

Re. choices of sceneries, I KNOW there's really no choice...  my bank manager  >:(  thinks different.  So for now I think it's going to be PFJ.  I just hope the black box of electro-gizmo thingies, laughingly called a 'puter, will be able to take the strain.

I got Tongass for FSX some time ago;  it runs reasonably well at "average" settings with just some juddering around the heavy scenery areas, e.g., PASI and PAWG, but seems to manage ok out in the back country.

Cheers for now  /  "Foggy"

P.S.  I seems Vagn did it  :-\
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

pippin

Ian UK
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
Hello all Im Ian from the UK.
 I have been into flightsims for as long as puters came about, my first was on the Spectrum! I was a member of a vintage VA for a while and was a co founder of a CFS1 squadron some years back.
  I too am an ORBX fan and was amazed at the quality of the work here at RTMM what a great site!
 The work you guys do in making these great flights is excellent and adds a great deal of feeling to the whole area.

happy flying
                           Ian

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »
Ian,
gald to have you aboard.  Welcome to RTMM.  I believe you will find enough to keep you flying in the 'bush' for a long time to come on the Scenery page.
At the moment the workload is being directed to the CIRP (Cambria Icefield Research Project).  When it is ready it will entail a complete package in itself with much to do and see.   Doug is hard at work all the time on the project.  Practice your ski procedures so your ready.
Oh .... almost forgot, being the "New Guy" you have to buy the beer!
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2011, 05:27:48 AM »
Ian,
Welcome aboard on RTMM!
I´m sure you will enjoy all the great sceneries here on RTMM as I do !!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

pippin

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »
Thanks for the welcome chaps
 Spud beers on me when next in Mistys :)

Ian

Reggy

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2011, 06:01:42 AM »
Hi guys'

Only registered today, love the site, scenery is amazing work in an amazing area.
Can't wait to start exploring and hope to meet and chat to you all soon.

Cheers
Reggy
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2011, 09:17:27 AM »
Welcome to RTMM Reggy. Have a great time and be sure to take your time. That's our only request. So many people want to blast through and make their stay here a whirlwind of "I GOTTA SEE EVERYTHING NOW"
Find the time to enjoy the flight, dispatch, boat trip, etc. We put a lot of time into "Getting from here to there" so, look around as you fly, please circle above anything interesting you see below and take it all in. There's no need to rush things here. You're now living on "Misty" time!!

Brad

Reggy

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
Thanks for that Brad,

It will take a while to get everything set up properly with so much on offer but I can't wait.
I couldn't agree more though, no point in people putting so much effort in to quality and detail if your going to fly past it at 250knts looking 2 miles ahead.

Cheers
Reggy
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Reggy, welcome aboard mate!
RTMM is suburb in the respect that you can install one scenery and spend a few days fly to and around it exploring and when you have seen what is there in all its glory then install the next one and start over from square one again.  It is the adventure not the destination that makes RTMM such a great place.  A lot of the destinations (most in fact) do not show up on the GPS or map in FSX you have to 'navigate' to get there, again the adventure.  Do not overlook the boat adventures either because it provides a complete new experience from anything you have probably ever seen with FSX.  The perspective on the scenery is so different and interesting that you will wonder if it is the same sim.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
Welcome Reggy,
  I echo what everyone is saying about the MM area.  As great as the individual sceneries are, it's the getting there that makes it so fun!
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2011, 07:39:01 AM »
Reggy ...

And if boats are not enough, soon you'll be able to take a hovercraft or a jeep out onto a glacier discovering what the word "vast" really means. Pre-planned gps routes out over the ice, out of sight of all civilization checking weather instruments and going from ice station to ice station.  A completely different experience.  I guess you could say we're a "full service flight sim site!" :-)

D

Reggy

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

Cheers for the welcome guys, can't wait to get started only problem is I might never want to leave. Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the process and hopefully sharing some stories and experiences along the way.

Reggy