Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 993019 times)

SRAces

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #720 on: January 23, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
Welcome Steve! It's really neat when a real world pilot joins the community (is this a correct assumption based upon your USAF experience?) and plays in the sandbox with us.  Have fun!

Oh ya, what kind of aircraft did you fly?

Not a real world pilot, but I could be...lol.  Over 5,000 hours in RC-135 aircraft.  Was 30 semester hours shy of a BS degree to fly and get a commercial pilots license.  Father was a pilot in USAF.  Mother was a civilian instructor who taught instrument flying and basic flight training in T-6 Texan aircraft for the USAF. Hmmm..maybe she met my dad that way...lol.  I'm not afraid to fly most anything.  The wings in avatar picture are for being a crew member.  I was on aeronautical orders for about 17 years.

Besides kayak fishing, I spend a lot of evening time dabbling in Prepar3D V2 and flying multi-player with some buddies across the country. I can be found on Skype under the same picture as my avatar.  Give me a heads up if you try to connect so I know who you are...lol.  Thanks for the warm welcome!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:05:44 PM by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #721 on: January 23, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
Hi Steve,
welcome on RTMM and thanks for introducing yourself...have fun exploring all the stuff here!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #722 on: January 23, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
Welcome aboard Steve,
sounds like once you grab the required libraries your all set to begin the "adventure of RTMM".  Only thing you did not mention was Acceleration which has scenery objects that are used in some of the locations we offer.
We'll see you at Misty's Bar soon I expect.
If you have questions or need information about anything here at RTMM don't hesitate to jump on the forums and give a shout.  We usually have the answer for most problems that arise.
 8)
Later,

Spud

SRAces

« Reply #723 on: January 23, 2015, 03:45:16 PM »
Welcome aboard Steve,
sounds like once you grab the required libraries your all set to begin the "adventure of RTMM".  Only thing you did not mention was Acceleration which has scenery objects that are used in some of the locations we offer.
We'll see you at Misty's Bar soon I expect.
If you have questions or need information about anything here at RTMM don't hesitate to jump on the forums and give a shout.  We usually have the answer for most problems that arise.
 8)

Spud,

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I will assume the Acceleration reference is for FSX.  I run P3D V2.4 only.  I'm working on a fictitious scenery called Wilderness Retreat (PWR1) in the Juneau area.  I might consider uploading it once it's finished.  I haven't checked out the library objects here in years.  I've been making all my custom objects myself...lol.  My best tour in the USAF was by far Alaska.  Stationed there for 7 years and really enjoyed the beautiful scenery.  Can't wait for Orbx to finish the rest of the state!
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #724 on: January 23, 2015, 04:00:50 PM »
Hi Steve,
just a quick caution on uploading scenery at RTMM it must be submitted to the team prior to being uploaded so QC checks etc. can be done.
 8)

UPDATE:
it seems that P3D already contains Acceleration and therefore it is a non-requirement for P3D users.  As I do not run anything but straight FSX my comments are geared ONLY to that sim.
 8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:39:50 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #725 on: January 23, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »
Welcome Steve!

I am sure you find a lot to do and experience here. Just to expand on what Spud wrote, if you do have something you are working on (which is great!) and you are thinking about submitting it to RTMM for review and possible upload, you need to contact Brad to have him verify the availability of building in the area where you scenery is and he would also be the one to direct how the scenery would be vetted before it could be uploaded.  Take a look at the "Rules and Regs" for Authors Contributing to Return to Misty Moorings by clicking here:   http://return.mistymoorings.com/about/#r:   

Rod

SRAces

« Reply #726 on: January 23, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »
Rod,

No worries.  I read all the rules and understand the process.  No guarantees on uploading that scenery.  It's been suggested I do so by other folks that have had sneak peaks...lol!  Almost 100% of my scenery development has been for personal use.  Looking forward to seeing what's in the RTMM library objects that I can use.  Have a great weekend! :D
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #727 on: January 24, 2015, 05:52:59 PM »
Steve,

Glad to hear your interested in maybe adding some creations of yours here at RTMM. We'd love to add your stuff. If you do decide to share something with us here it's gotta be approved and most likely will be as long as it's within our scenery profile. Which is easy to see. Bush flying only. No big, medium or even small airports. Just dirt, grass, gravel airstrips and water operations geared towards bush flying only.

You may use our updated objects for designing any scenery here at RTMM but we'd probably not be willing to let any scenery designed with our objects be shared elsewhere like AVSIM, etc.

Finally let me know exactly where your scenery is located so we can make sure it's not too close to any of our other locations.

I look forward to seeing what you have to offer and hope your happy and willing to accept our policy decisions. Always happy to have a fresh new approach here so please feel free to join the party.

Brad

Mbaclawski

« Reply #728 on: January 24, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »
Hi All,

I'm  Marty, I live just out of Salt Lake and have spent Plenty of time flying Multiplayer with Steve (SRAces)
Looking forward to everything RTTM has to Offer.
Marty Baclawski

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #729 on: January 25, 2015, 02:00:48 AM »
Hello Marty and welcome to RTMM.  Thanks for stopping to say "hi".  Knowing Steve doesn't get you out of buying a round at Misty's though.    ???   Let us know if you've any questions.   8) 

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:05:33 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #730 on: January 25, 2015, 07:06:46 AM »
Hi Marty,

Welcome to RTMM.  Take your time and enjoy the "scenery".  There is a lot to see.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #731 on: January 25, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »
Marty,
Welcome Aboard RTMM.  Loads of things for we low n' slowers here just take your time and have a look around and I'm sure you will be delighted.  Now the important part, already mentioned by Jeff, see ya at Misty's Bar for the beer.  :P
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #732 on: January 25, 2015, 11:50:29 AM »
Hi Marty,
welcome on RTMM!!!!!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Mat

« Reply #733 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:10 AM »
Hello All,

I'm a new guy from France. Big fan of the original Misty Moorings in FS9 and now on P3D. I'm a real life pilot (looking for a job...) and I love bush flying. I'm really impressed by the work on the sceneries, this is really great and very immersive.
Because of you I feel that I'll convert my EASA licence into FAA to hunt for a Beaver pilot job !!  :D

Cheers,
Mat

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #734 on: January 27, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
Hi Mat,

Welcome!  Thanks for the kind words.  There is a lot to see and do here so have fun!   Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Rod