Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989995 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1500 on: October 10, 2022, 07:40:05 AM »
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Just joined exclusive Mistymoorings club or you would rather say Misty moorings forums   ;D ;D

Flew thousands of flight hours around Alaska via Mountain Air virtual airline, Alaska Airline virtual, Alaska Adventures virtual airline, and Aurora virtual airline and still flying for them around Alaska.

Primarily FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 user but will move to MS2020 in 2 or three years or when MS2020 has all freeware and payware add on planes that you find in FSX.

Need assistance as I am newbie here.  I always want for 15 years realistic FSX sceneries for PAOM Nome, PASC Deadhorse PABR Barrow airport, PAKN King Salmon airport, and PADQ Kodiak airport.

Can anyone please be kind enough to provide me very very easy Guide For Dummies instructions on what can I do to get those that I heard that Misty Moorings has?

Thank you for any kind assistance any of you might provide.

BTW, I see on the forums here the Mistymoorings staff member FSRobert who probably recognizes me from past years of other flight sim forums.

Regards,

Aharon

A warm welcome to you Aharon from RTMM and MFC.

The FSX/P3D Scenery page is here:
LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/s_scenery_rtmm/

(There is a forum heading right at the bottom of the forom page that contains download link(s) for
Tongass Fjords X>> LINK: https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=5191.0

If you are running FSX, download and install:
1. Tongass Fjords X: FSX Original Install version:  (FSX)

2a. There are object libs required that support hundreds of individual RTMM scenery pieces that cover Alaska, BC etc. These all can be downloaded and installed as individual pieces from the (FSX/P3D) scenery page. (All of them listed in alphabetical order)
Page LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/s_scenery_rtmm/

There is also a complete FSX master package which contains the works: that being: all the required libs and all of the scenery pieces all pre-set up, Extract the zip file (big), then basically a cut and paste of the folders into your sim and a pre-defined scenery.cfg file with all the new scenery entries.

Link to the complete packages are here:
https://return.mistymoorings.com/s_install/index.php
Download the 1. RTMM Master Scenery Pack for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D V1 V2,V3,V4 package.

Full instructions are in the package but if you get stuck or have any problem please just let us know and can give you a hand.

Welcome again
Norm

(PS: Almost every aircraft that you might ever want is now contained in or available for MSFS.
(Next month the DC-3 and DHC2 Beaver are added to the default sim).
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1501 on: October 10, 2022, 07:53:18 AM »
Well... I am not "New Here" - more like "Old Here"

I know some of you might feel uncomfortable with this post, but don't worry; I am OK with this news I would share.

I have been reminded of my mortality by the medical trade. My docs have decided I have cancer, which is why I am not here as often as I used to be. I don't know if I dare say "Lucky", but it is in the liver and allows a worst case scenario of a transplant. So it is still a while before the C develops to that stage and there are other treatments to be had before.

Don't think unhappy thoughts, I will just be going on the same adventure as EVERYONE eventually goes on except that I have the definite knowledge that my new trip may come sooner and not so much as a surprise. I am in the process of making all the necessary arrangements and am happy to save my kids the fuss of 90% of the work, even if I may still be here in a decade.

As for you, my RTMM friends, don't be sad. It has been a privilege and a great time here. I may even find more time to fly round the Moorings every now and then. And should our paths cross some time in that new adventure we can reminisce.

I'll still be around.

What to say Chris.. "Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again". A tough one my friend and so sorry to hear.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Norm

Aharon

« Reply #1502 on: October 10, 2022, 12:22:23 PM »

Full instructions are in the package but if you get stuck or have any problem please just let us know and can give you a hand.

Welcome again
Norm

Thanks for kind welcome, Norm

The Fed Ex Combined Package scenery for FSX use is not working  The link says error 404  not found.
Please advise??

Regards,

Aharon

fltsimguy

« Reply #1503 on: February 19, 2023, 01:25:43 PM »
Hi I am not new...but, have recently dived into MSFS and am thrilled to be back at RTMM a place where I spent countless hours flying in FSX and P3d before moving to XP11 & XP12.

I couldn't really get the hang of MSFS2020, so I stayed away.  I have spent countless hours lately, learning the sim, getting bindings to work, so that I can fly in this sim.  All is working well, and now I'm exploring add-ons and this includes RTMM where I have tested out some areas already.

Thank you so much for this wonderful contribution.
Bryan
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1504 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:15 AM »
Hi I am not new...but, have recently dived into MSFS and am thrilled to be back at RTMM a place where I spent countless hours flying in FSX and P3d before moving to XP11 & XP12.

I couldn't really get the hang of MSFS2020, so I stayed away.  I have spent countless hours lately, learning the sim, getting bindings to work, so that I can fly in this sim.  All is working well, and now I'm exploring add-ons and this includes RTMM where I have tested out some areas already.

Thank you so much for this wonderful contribution.
Bryan

Hey you are not new!! lol. but welcome back to RTMM anyways Bryan and in MSFS even! Fun to fly in the material, that's for sure and the area definitely looks nice in MSFS. Lighthouses and docks are my favorite places but most everything is very nice..VFR never looked better..(that is except some of the photogrammetry in the Canada update but it will get fixed!). Anyways, a warm welcome back and if you need any assistance in MSFS just give us a shout. (If you have it already get the MS Linker..it is a big help)
(https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-Addons-linker)

Norm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1505 on: February 20, 2023, 10:21:13 AM »
Welcome back, Bryan!

Rod

skyfredo

« Reply #1506 on: February 28, 2023, 12:27:01 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Fred, I live in Switzerland.

I have been a fan of Flight Simulator for a long, long time... it goes back to the first Combat flight simulator (1998)...I have been for a long time the webmaster of a site which dealt with Flight simulator and which had as a name AviaSim.ch, it proposed at the time addons for FS 2000, FS 2002 then FS 2004, the site closed in 2006 so that I could have time to devote to my children. Now, they are grown up and I'm back on Flight simulator ;-)

And I would like discover Alaska and Bush flying.

See you !

kaha

« Reply #1507 on: February 28, 2023, 01:17:09 PM »
Willkommen bei RTMM, Fred. Ich bin in Innsbruck, nicht weit weg von dir.

Welcome and have fun!

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1508 on: March 01, 2023, 06:24:00 PM »
Welcome Fred.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1509 on: March 01, 2023, 10:09:28 PM »
A warm welcome from RTMM (and MFC) Fred. And welcome back to the simming world. If you need anything just give a yell.

Norm
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 06:07:16 PM by nbrich1 »

Kallewy

• my homepage
« Reply #1510 on: March 02, 2023, 04:36:15 AM »
Welcome and have fun
Greetings from me, Kalle

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1511 on: March 03, 2023, 04:37:58 PM »
Welcome, Fred!

Rod

SgtT

« Reply #1512 on: September 26, 2023, 01:16:01 PM »
Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me to join your site. I've been away from simming for a while but now I'm slowly getting back. I enjoy both FS2004 and FSX. In the near future I'm going to take the plunge into P3D V4. My current PC won't run any higher version but that is OK for right now.

I wanted to say a big thank you to all who have contributed to this site and the resources and downloads that are available. I very much look forward to spend some quality time here.

Thanks again,

Rob
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:17:35 PM by SgtT »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1513 on: September 27, 2023, 10:48:25 AM »
Welcome Rob.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1514 on: September 27, 2023, 12:38:33 PM »
Welcome Sir Robert from Mascoutah. We hope all goes well in your sim. If you need anything or have any questions about the scenery, setup or any of the material, just give a holler!

Norm