Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990026 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1305 on: September 17, 2019, 08:01:11 PM »
Hi Larry,
     Welcome to Return to Misty Moorings.  Before you can use any of the RTMM scenery, you must install all the libraries (which are required).  Then you should be able to see all the objects.  Which scenery locations are you trying to find/use? 
     Dan is in charge of the actual website, not the scenery on it.  Doug is the big cheese in the scenery department, along with Brad.  Rod and Steve are very knowledgeable in sim tweaks and the libraries.  Norm also is a fountain of knowledge as well.
     Hopefully one of us can help you, and again ... Welcome.

Jeff
(ps-Please start a post for this topic (in the "From Here to There - Missions, Trip Tics and VA" section.), so we can discuss it properly.  Thanks.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:11:47 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

KetchikanMuseumsAK

Re: Hi, I'm new! Greetings From Ketchikan Alaska
« Reply #1306 on: December 17, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »
Hi! I am Erika Jayne ( erikaj@ktn-ak.us ) from Ketchikan Alaska!

I haven't played with a flight simulator since way way back with Flight Simulator 98--but in looking into user generated content and add-on content for more modern flight simulator programs this group (and the flights some of ya'll have posted on YouTube) kept popping up!

Ketchikan Museum's Tongass Historical Museum will have an aviation themed exhibition opening in March and running through 2021. I would love to set up a flight simulator in our program space  and download all of the fantastic content pertinent to our area of Southeastern Alaska.

I have been looking into other institutes (Air and Space, Science Centers, Aviation Museums ect..) and haven't quite figured out if its possible on our scale (small) and with minimal set up. (THree monitors, dedicated computer, simple controls, in such a way that users cant quit/navigate away from the flight sim).

We don’t intend to fabricate a full blown flight simulator with precision flight controls and a high learning curve… The idea is finding a way to let visitors have the experience of seeing our area of Southeastern Alaska from the cockpit of a plane (Something you all obviously enjoy too!!). The Microsoft Flight Simulator X and the flights/content covering our island here in Ketchikan and the various flightseeing tours to the Misty Fjords was our inspiration. Being able to put them in the pilot’s seat and let them navigate is what we are after. Which is why I am enthused to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Can you set up Flight Simulator X in such a way that someone can select a set flight plan and hit go and fly using a simple yoke and three levers for throttle, prop and mixture?

Thank you for any advice!!

I am downloading the Steam version of Flight Simulator X to try out and enjoy over the holiday, so I might have better questions for anyone interested or able to help out!

Feel free to message me- point me toward leads!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1307 on: December 18, 2019, 02:20:20 AM »
Hello Erika,
     Welcome to RTMM.  Thanks for taking the time to say "hi", and for asking our advice/help here.  I suppose we'll be seeing you around here a bit as you get things set up.  We'd be happy to help along the way if you need it.   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1308 on: December 18, 2019, 06:33:28 AM »
Hi there Erika and a warm welcome to you. (and you might need some "warm" in the next month or so living in Ketchikan! (but it's been pretty moderate there so far.).

Sure a simpler flight simulator could be set up with not too much difficulty and flights plan loaded for the Ketchikan area loaded and ready to fly out of Ketchikan Harbor for any visitors that are visiting the museum and might want to try an aerial view of the area with hands on the controls of a float plane or amphibian type aircraft.  Can be done without too much difficulty. And for those purposes of the museum patrons who might want a bird's eye view it doesn't really need to be full or fancy but should contain reality views of Ketchikan and the local area as viewed from an aircraft. 

I'm sure those here can assist you in setting this up.

Welcome again from Ketchikan.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Monty

« Reply #1309 on: January 03, 2020, 11:03:53 AM »
Hello! I heard about this place years ago but never had any of the required base payware to experience everything properly. But over the years  I've been slowly building up my payware scenery library with Tongass Fjords X, Orbx PNW, PFJ and SAK (plus a few airports) and then I remembered this place! I downloaded and installed all the libraries and fixes and also Misty's Place and flew in on my Stinson Reliant from Ketchikan. Took a pic of her parked up! https://i.imgur.com/3sA3osR.png

I'm from the UK but I love flying around this beautiful part of the world, going low and slow. I love the little stories that come with the sceneries and how things connect up. It's really neat and really adds a sense of place and of belonging, something that is often lacking in modern flight sims. I'm looking forward to downloading more and exploring more of this world.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #1310 on: January 03, 2020, 12:09:49 PM »
Welcome Monty! RTMM can keep you entertained and challenged for literally years. So much to do and see here! If you have any questions, or need help with anything, there's a whole group who are willing and able to give you a hand.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1311 on: January 03, 2020, 12:26:33 PM »
A warm welcome Sir Monty. Indeed to there is lots available on this site: much scenery and many interesting places to see! And going to them is half the fun!!  Welcome aboard and if you need any help just give a holler!

Norm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1312 on: January 03, 2020, 01:42:21 PM »
Welcome, Monty!  I think you will find that RTMM flying is a lot of fun!  Enjoy!

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1313 on: January 03, 2020, 05:49:07 PM »
Hello Monty and welcome to Misty's Place!!

If you find you need any assistance, just ask. We'll be sure to help out.

As our old friend "Spud" used to say, next rounds on the new guy!!

Cheers!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1314 on: January 03, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »
Welcome Monty!  Be sure to check out the Misty Flying Club also.  I can't believe Norm didn't mention it.   ::)

(raising a glass for Spud!  Miss you, friend.)  :'(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:08:22 PM by jeff3163 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1315 on: January 03, 2020, 09:21:07 PM »
lol Jeff. No I don't usually mention it! (It's just there in the background for if and/or when a pilot wants to be involved in that kind of thing: some like that type of venue while others don't at all.

Ok so now that you mentioned it, if one is browsing the site, they'll come across "MFC" which is our flying club which ventures into rugged terrain and explores the wide variety of RTMM scenery locations that are carried at this site (and more).   

N

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1316 on: January 04, 2020, 07:20:29 AM »
Hello Monty,
welcome to the RTMM world! Have fun exploring it......

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

duke

« Reply #1317 on: January 14, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
My name is Doeke easiest way to pronounce is duke.
I am a retired ceo/crisis manager and now take the time to fly.
I flew for more than 1000 hours with the bombardmentgroup i.e B17.
Now it will be bushflying for some while.
I was last year not active with the simulator so now I started the fsx from steam up and put the orbx scenery
in place and started the scenery and library from RTMM.
In the meantime I saw some problems rising.
- I see a lot of water in the mountains and they disappear coming closer
- I have half of the library test objects
- each time when i check the integrety check of steam ,It got 310 files te recover
I have w10 64 bits and a high end computer.
I use this introduction in the same time with some problems but dont know if that is allowed.
last question how do you fly together do you have a 24/7 server availeble?
looking forward hearing from you
kind regards
Duke

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1318 on: January 14, 2020, 01:18:38 PM »
Hi there Doeke and welcome. (Again). I sent you a large email yesterday with all of the links to MFC, Comms and multi-clients so check your hotmail email account. (Look in your junk folder! Not that we're junk, but Microsoft has been known to make junk of our hard work!.).

It sounds like your scenery order is out of wack - (ORBX Central will do that to you! but so will FTX Central V3 if you don't have the insertion points correctly set. 

So to set your insertion points for either ORBX Central or FTX Central (which ever version you are running), go to settings, Insertion points and set the insertion points as follows: 

Orbx Airports and Regions) inserted below RTMM Libs.           (FTX entries placed below RTMM Libs)
Orbx Global openLC inserted below Tongass Lower priority.    (OpenLC entries placed below Tongass lower)

This is necessary to set the correct layering blocks.

Give it a try.

Welcome again and check your email when you have a chance. (I resent today).

Norm

duke

« Reply #1319 on: January 14, 2020, 04:31:53 PM »
thanks but I already did that in orbx settings also in fsx se in scenery i have the right sequince.
also I replaced terrain cfg by the original and installed tonga again after it.
stil the same problem
I spent now days to get started again but like last year I cannot get it done and had always problems with all the scenery of orbx.
so I will try to go on tommorrow but I think I stop with it and wait for the new MS flight.
thanks any way for your quick reply
duke