Author Topic: Question for Brad or community about scenery...........  (Read 14219 times)

caseyfallen

• Official Casey Fallen Website
Re: Question for Brad or community about scenery...........
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
Hi Rod,

I just checked.... I have the Scenery\Global\scenery\buildings.bgl file. Any ideas why it would not appear?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:17:53 PM by caseyfallen »
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
Hi Casey,
I have a question for ya. 
Is your video card driver up to date? 
The latest as of right now is 13.11 BETA 9.4, from Guru3D.com. ;) 

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:35:09 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »
Hi Rod,

I just checked.... I have the Scenery\Global\scenery\buildings.bgl file. Any ideas why it would not appear?

Hi Casey,

What is the KB size of your buildings.bgl file?

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 09:04:53 PM »
This is grasping at straws, but there are rare occasions that sometimes BGL's created with IS don't display all objects. I've had it happen to me with a scenery that I created worked for a long time and out of nowhere some of the objects disappeared - and the objects were from standard FSX libraries. Casey, try moving the scenery file to the very top in your scenery library if it isn't there already.

This post may relate:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/some-objects-somketimes-dont-show-up_topic42443.html
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

caseyfallen

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
Hi Rod,

The Scenery\Global\scenery\buildings.bgl file is 23,878 kb's

Sound right?

Hi Ualani,

Yes, My video card is all up to date.

Thanks for the post. I will check it out. Hope that is not the case. Would be a real bummer. Really like these Fed Ex Depots. Brad makes some sweet areas!   ;D

I ordered Acceleration today. So if that is the issue.... We will know by the end of this weekend. Either way, I figured having some carrier ops and fighter jets couldn't hurt.  :P

Thanks to everyone who has been helping me with this. I have already got most of this completely running thanks to all of you and your help. It means tons.

I will keep digging and see if I can figure this out. For some reason, I can't help but to think that I am still missing some sceneries. I may try to re-install all the scenery libraries again. As I did goof with one already. Maybe I did with another as well.

Thanks again guys! You all are really awesome, I mean that!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:58:51 AM by caseyfallen »
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »
HI Casey,

The size of your buildings.bgl is the same as the one I have in my pre-Acceleration folder so we are testing the same file.  It remains a mystery why that building will not appear for you.  Perhaps the addition of Acceleration will change the equation.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
Good morning Casey,
concerning scenery libraries, normally a library has a main folder with scenery and texture sub-folders.  With the required RTMM libraries there will be some libraries with additional sub-folders.  For instance the EZ_1 zip extracts into a library that includes the aforementioned scenery and texture sub-folders PLUS a sub-folder named new-mdl.  The Rwy12 zip extracts to the normal Scenery and Texture sub-folders PLUS a model sub-folder.  So these two libraries will have 3 sub-folders instead of the normal 2.  (The scenery.dat file also extracted with the zip files is not needed.
Because both the EZ_1 and Rwy12 zip file installers were made for FS9 you extract them into a temporary location, which you did.  I'm a bit confused as to exactly what your doing with the extracted files after that.  You say you "copied the folders you needed into the scenery folder and activated them".  Which scenery folder are you speaking of?
After you have the libraries copied over from the temporary location the original files can be deleted from the temporary location as they have been copied and are redundant.
 8)
Later,

Spud

caseyfallen

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
Hi Rod,

Acceleration shipped today. So probably will get it Saturday. I will let you know what happens.

Hi Spud,

Thanks for this info. I appreciate it. To answer your question..I move the temporary folder into my Addon scenery folder and activate it in the FSX library just like I would do with any scenery.

But here is my next question about this... When I run the installer it seems to add a uninstall icon in the folder and in the Start Menu / All Programs/ Area on my computer. Can I uninstall that? I can't imagine it is doing anything since it was made for FSX 9.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Hey Spud,
Maybe you could post more screenshots of your Addon Scenery folder structure - drilled down - so that Casey can see what you mean. I'd do it, but I'm not at my FSX computer right now and probably won't be until tonight.

"Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo. So little time — so much to know!"
Jeremy Hillary Boob
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »
Casey,
yes the uninstall for Easy Scenery Library and the Rwy 12 Library entries in the start menu can be deleted as can the ones in the temporary location you unzipped the files to.
ualani,
no need to reinvent the wheel if you click on Misty's Place on the top of the page and then click the Object Libraries button on that page it takes you to the page all about the libraries.  Page down 3 times and there is a complete layout of how to set up your RTMM files.  You can click on the picture to expand it to make it easier to read.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Spud.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »
Hi Rod,

Acceleration shipped today. So probably will get it Saturday. I will let you know what happens.

Hi Casey,

Are you going to be installing Acceleration on top of your current FSX SP2 installation?   If so, there is a procedure for doing that.....or are you going to reinstall FSX from scratch?

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
At the very least, back up your working Terrain.cfg before installation!
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

caseyfallen

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 12:05:28 AM »
Hi Rod,

Was planning to install on top. Figured that was how it was meant to be installed. Any tips are very much appreciated. I am sure there are gremlins awaiting.  :-\

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »
Hang in there Casey. We'll get to the bottom of this and we'll all learn something from it. Happens all the time here.

Brad