Author Topic: Where is Misty Moorings Scenery Folder?  (Read 4169 times)

Lazyeight

Where is Misty Moorings Scenery Folder?
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
Everything has been going well and I am enjoying the heck out of RTMM. I have Windows 7 and FSX with Acceleration. All the addon scenery has installed and worked just like it should until I get to the sound addons. I have unzipped the file and it says "copy the *.bgl files to your Misty Moorings scenery folder"  Well does that go into Misty's Place folder or where?  This is the installation of Nina's_Sound_FSX that I am trying to install and I can find nothing called a Misty Mooring scenery folder. The wav and fx files I have no problem with. I am sure that I am just overlooking something but please any help you can offer will be appreciated. Many thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this RTMM program. It is great and offers many hours of joy.
Lazyeight

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: Where is Misty Moorings Scenery Folder?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
I wondered about that as well.  I put the .bgl's in the Nina's scenery folder.  Now to go see if it works.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »
Ah yes,

I think we'llhave to devise a new method here. When the Misty Moorings scenery foder is referred to it was a "generic" term that should be read for the scenery sub-folder for which this sound pack is meant.

Each MM scenery addon has a sub-folder "scenery" so if you eventually get a sound file for Aiken's Creek, that ".bgl" sound file  goes in the Aiken Creek /Scenery folder. Here - a picture tells a thousand words. As you can see, the new sound bgl files for Misty's Place go in the Misty's Place/scenery folder.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:28:51 AM »
That's how I did it One-Eye.  Each scenery had it's own sound bgl's in it's respective scenery folder.  I resisted the temptation to lump all the scenery bgl's into one master scenery folder.  Now I'm really glad I did it individually.   I have one folder in AddonScenery called RTMM, and under that all the separate addons in their own folder.  Learned the hard way once about trouble shooting problems in scenery packages.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:21:37 AM »
We could just have easily said " Put the ***.BGL files into your addon scenery/scenery folder" it would achieve the same result, BUT!

It is better practice to use the Addon Scenery folder as a tidy place to keep other folders i.e.

Within my addon scenery folder I have a RTMM folder with a scenery subfolder, into this go all my RTMM ADEX.BGL  and ADEX.CVX files that are not intended for other places (such as the Traffic.bgl, ALT.bgl files, they live in the FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder)

I have a separate folder for the actual scenery files, these are the named files such as khutzeymateen_river_01.bgl

This folder is my IS folder (Instant Scenery) and of course it too has a scenery subfolder

In this manner I can keep track of all the RTMM sceneries and easily locate them should there be a problem.

I do the same thing for the EZscenery files and several other scenery areas are managed in the same manner.

I always then add any new folder to the scenery library to activate it.

Lazyeight

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
OK I think I follow that and have tried to clean up my files but I must have deleted something that I need. Now all my icons on the Return To Misty Moorings page for Scenery have turned into boxes with a red x in the center of them except for the icon for "Download Sound effect" and it has stayed like it should be. Any ideas as to what I should change?
Thanks,
Lazyeight

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 01:46:18 PM »
Hi Tom, having a red X on a website has absolutely nothing to do with your files! It generally indicates the link is not working or the file is missing from the website, it has nothing to do with what you have on your machine, if you see any links or icons X'sd out report it on the website discussion forum where Dan or Doug will check it out for you.

Lazyeight

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
Yep, I got to thinking about it and decided it must be something on the website. Sure enough someone caught it and it is fixed now. All the icons are there.
Many thanks for the help.  Looking forward to lots of good flying time.
Lazyeight