Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 4211 times)

Rein

Hi there
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Hi there,

I would like to introduce myself on this forum. And I think Misty's Place is the right place to do so.
My name is Rein and I live in the Netherlands; yes Misty's is a long way from home.
A few months I bought Pacific Fjords and RTTM is mentioned in the documentation of PFJ. So I visited RTTM and came back several times. Exploring RTTM, downloading legacy collection and trying the first dispatch.

My conclusion: It's great. I love the site is set up and the level of detal in the scenery. Not only graphics, but also audio (music from mistys place, seagulls, fireworks). And not to forget the stories about the history of mistys and so on. It all contributes to the immersion which is great.

Compliments for the developers of this all !!! Later this week I will for sure do some donation. Keep up the good work.

For now I've a little question. All works fine for one thing. When I select Mistys Place in FSX I can only choose between runway 17 or active runway (which is also 17). So I can't choose the other runway or a parking place. Is this the default situation and is this the way things are setup by the developers. Or has something went wrong during installation / configuration

O.K. that's it for now.

Greetings,

Rein

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
Rein,
Welcome aboard RTMM.  Good group of people here that are very helpful with any problem you may have.  As for the Active runway and 17 being the only choices that is because in the ADX file no parking places are defined and although you can set the wind from the north it doesn't change the active runway which leads me to think the ADX was not fully programed but that is mostly a guess.
Perhaps more knowledgeable folks can answer the question.
RTMM is probably one of the best bush flying sites around.  There is so much to see and do.  Don't forget the Enhancements and all the other great activities.  I see by your post that your trying the dispatches and I know you will enjoy them.
Once again welcome to RTMM.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
Hello Rein,
Welcome to RTMM.  Your installation is working fine.  There is only rwy 17 at Misty's Place.
The seaplane base has parking at the dock, and runway start points.  (PF21) ;) 
Be sure to pick a floater when you load into there. ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:20:24 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »
Hmmm, I always thought MP was like a lot of small airports one direction in opposite heading out. Here in the Willamette Valley with coast range on the West and the Cascades on the East we have quite a few like that, Mckenzie Bridge and Flying M, due to obstructions, trees, hills,  ETC, come to mind right away

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 02:39:50 PM »
Hi Rein,
welcome here on RTMM! Have fun! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »
Concerning Misty's Place. There are two ends to the runway right? So, there should be two RWY designations unless something is missing. I believe they are RWY 35 and RWY 17. Although, you can do it, it's much easier to land on 35 than 17. But what I usually do is land towards the north and take off towards the south.

Just my 2 cents,

Brad

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
DITTO

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »
Hi Rein,

Welcome to RTMM.   Take your time and browse around.  There is a lot to see and do.   If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  We are a very friendly group.

Rod