Author Topic: Where is MistyMasterZip  (Read 4904 times)

Jesse

Where is MistyMasterZip
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
I just signed on today and I am looking for the download location for MistyMasterZip.zip

Jesse

Jesse

Re: Where is MistyMasterZip
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
Problem solved.  After scouting around, I found the MistyMasterZip file in the Real Estate Office.

Now to the fun part.. Installing all the addon scenery.

Jesse

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
Nope Jesse ... your problems may just be beginning. That is from the FS2004 "Misty Moorings, Inc" site ... we don't have a "master" for Return to Misty Moorings for FSX. Be careful, if that's what you got, it won't work with FSX.

Doug

foggy-bottom

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »
Good morning (UTC) Doug,

Like Jesse, I've just re-discovered Misty.  Is it on the planning desk to offer a Master.Zip for RRTM?  It would perhaps be useful, particularly with the number of individual mini-sceneries already available.

I know from experience the pain of having to re-install a shed full of sceneries when my FS9 configs got trashed; the location of all the MM FS9 files in one *.zip saved me hours of work, and because all the files were in one place, less time in de-fragging after the re-install.

Just a thought...

Ragards /  "Foggy"
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

Doug

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »
Welcome ... glad you found us.  Nah, we've sort of decided not to do a master for quite a while.  There are just to many errors here and there, especially with a new site, maybe later when it all settles down. But we are changing things DAILY at this point (a lot of it folks don't see, little changes from emails I get). But every time one of these hit, I'd be changing a master file, don't need the hassle.  I know its a pain to download them individually, but as I've suggested to others ... just grab one at a time and enjoy it. If the MP group is going somewhere special grab that one.  There's no hurry really, we're not going anywhere.

We also are hoping to create a "slower" site..on purpose.  Today, folks grab the cd, dump it to the computer, look at it, say "cool" and go grab another cd.  That's not "us".  We've taken a lot of care with the storylines and the trip tics.  All to get folks to get off the throttle and settle in about 80 mph and look out the window at all that is in what ORBX and PFJ have given us.  For this reason, we're focusing on "the journey" ... the 95% of the time people spend getting to a scenery location we've put up.  The reason Kim and Brad selected those locations was for the excellence of the JOURNEY to get there.

So it will be a little different here ... a little slower, a lot more detailed and hopefully more complete than any site like it.  Long answer, sorry, but I thought you deserved it.  And we are glad you are here.

Doug

foggy-bottom

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Hi Doug,

Thanks for that - I understand the "slow" approach.  It suits me right down to the ground!!

Just downloading PFJ now - the bank manager will have to wait....

Cheers  /  "Foggy"
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

GrahamP

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
But we are changing things DAILY at this point (a lot of it folks don't see, little changes from emails I get).

Doug, does that mean the download files are being changed without us knowing that?
Graham

Doug

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
Nope, typos, broken links, etc. No file changes, anything that changes in the file goes into the NOTAMs. But typos, links fixed, (not to many of those now), sometimes a picture has a darned AI aircraft label in it or something, so I go in and doctor that out and repost. That kind of stuff.  But there's no way I want to be changing a master every time I fix something minor.  And if we didn't, someone would raise hell that the master was flawed.  We're a long way from a master file.

D

GrahamP

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »
Thanks for clarifying, Doug.

I quite like the policy of separate scenery downoloads to be savoured and enjoyed separately as they are produced.

But for backup purposes, as I install any files for RTMM I'm keeping track and making my own master backup, with all the files in their appropriate folders, so that I can just copy the folders to the relevant places if I ever need to re-install.  At the same time I keep track of exactly what files are used by which scenery.

I also keep a backup of my complete FSX installation, although I probably don't back that up as often as I should.
Graham

Doug

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
I'm doing that too ... got a 500 gig backup (external) disk and each night it updates the files that have changed.  One day, when all this is settled down, a click of the button and there will be a master. :-)

D