Author Topic: Enhancement files  (Read 4228 times)

THibben

Enhancement files
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
I have downloaded all three enhancement files and can't get any of them to work.

Tongass Fjords X is installed, traffic scenery files are set at 100% and as far as I can tell I have installed per the read me files.  I see no change in Ketchikan or AI flight traffic.  I could find no way to install any of them to the scenery library.  Are they all supposed to be there or just the aircraft one?

Obviously I have done something wrong but haven't a clue what.  It is to bad we don't have  an installer file for dummys like me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Enhancement files
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
THibben,  You post indicates to me that you are not exactly familiar with installing any extras to FSX.
Traffic scenery files set to 100%? I assume you mean the GA traffic slider.

You should only every do anything like this one step at a time, then you can go back if you make a boob. Downloading all the enhancements at once and trying to install them when you are not familiar with the structure of FSX is asking for problems

So, first the aircraft.

You have tongass so good, you will have the AI models.

Where then did you put the ****_ADEX_KG.bgl files?

Where did you put the Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes.bgl file?

Once we have the answers to these two questions we might be able to help.

THibben

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
Avian,

Thanks for the reply.  I have installed lots of files in FSX it is just I am having problems with these.

The Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes .bgl went in the FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder.  Per the suggestion I made a RTMM Airports folder with a scenery folder inside in which I installed the ADEX .bgl files.  ie: RTMM Airports/Scenery/ADEX/...BGL (12 of them).  When I went into the scenery library to add the files I could never get any files recognized so I could add them.

I am aware of the problem in WIN 7 with having to rt click a couple of times and then click in a blank space to load. 

Thanks for any help,

Tom
Tom

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »
Is this a folder tree?

RTMM Airports/Scenery/ADEX/

You should not have a subfolder in the scenery folder, the ADEX files go directly into the scenery folder and that's it.

Plus you must add the RTMM folder in the scenery library by clicking the add button and browsing to the folder, clicking it once, do not click on the scenery folder, FSX knows to look for that.
Make sure the RTMM folder is above the Tongass and Pacific Fjords in the scenery tree (it should be by default if you just added it)

click OK and let the database rebuild.

Go to the airports section and type in PF21 as the ICAO code, if it comes up as Mistys seaplane base then your scenery is installed.

It's gone midnight here now and I am knockin it on the head, I will reply again tomorrow if you still have trouble.

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:44:16 AM »
One picture perhaps?

As Kim says - no subfolder in the scenery one.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

THibben

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »
Thanks all for the help.  I did get the .bgl files added to the scenery however I haven't been able to fly enough to see if there are any aircraft.  I did check PF21 but it looks the same as before when I installed installed it.  There is a Seabee at the dock and all of the runway buildings and planes.

Now I have to work on the Maritime files.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 12:58:30 PM »
The AI we added are a bit work shy, they only fly from 0900 to 1530 local time, you will need to be in that time frame to see or hear them, around misty's tune your radio to 122.900 (I think?) that's the local CTAF frequency, you should hear traffic from PF21, Z43, MTM, 84K, Yes Bay, 13Z. if you hear any one of them mentioned then it's all working.