Author Topic: TFX shipping not moving?  (Read 4160 times)

mhlarsen

TFX shipping not moving?
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
I have just installed TFX AI Shipping and found ships some near Sitka, but they do not move at all.

Nice ships though  ;)

Michael

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: TFX shipping not moving?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »
Michael,
a few questions, do you have Tongass Fjords X installed?  Do you have any FS9 AI traffic installed in FSX?  Do you have your FSX Traffic Settings 10% or higher.  Did you use the auto install or manual install?

Be aware that if there are any FS9 AI files in your FSX it will prevent the traffic from working.  Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner can repair/convert FS9 AI and then FSX AI will function correctly.
Later,

Spud

mhlarsen

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 04:09:48 AM »
Michael,
a few questions, do you have Tongass Fjords X installed?  Do you have any FS9 AI traffic installed in FSX?  Do you have your FSX Traffic Settings 10% or higher.  Did you use the auto install or manual install?

Be aware that if there are any FS9 AI files in your FSX it will prevent the traffic from working.  Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner can repair/convert FS9 AI and then FSX AI will function correctly.

Yes I have Tongass X installed and no FS9 AI traffic files that I know of. I only use Orbx scenery and MyTraffix X.

By FSX traffic setting do you mean only settings for Ships and ferries and Leisure craft? They are both at 15%.

I used auto for installing TFX shipping.

I will take a look at the AI Flight Planner.

Michael

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
Hi Michael,

Just to make sure you haven't missed the ships moving........At Sitka, you need to make sure you are looking at the right ships and at the right time.   There is a cruise ship (not part of TFAISP) in the harbor that is part of TFX and only moves at certain times per the TFX manual.   There are 3 TFAISP ships that initiate just southwest of Sitka at the opening of Sitka Sound into the Gulf of Alaska.  Since these 3 ships iniate at this location  (the Jade, Misty Cruise and a tanker)...they are not always seen moving in this area.  Sometimes they just sit there.   Set your GMT to 2002 hours and check them out.  All 3 should be starting their movement then so they will still be in the area.

If you want to check out all of the TFAISP ships in the larger TFX area and beyond quickly, I suggest getting Google Earth Tracker http://fsxget.codeplex.com/ (if you don't have it), which is a free download and shows all of the FSX AI overlaid on the Google Earth Map moving in real time.

This may or may not be of help...just wanted to make sure you were looking at the right time at the right ships.

Rod
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:26:51 PM by stiletto2 »

mhlarsen

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
Hi Michael,

Just to make sure you haven't missed the ships moving........At Sitka, you need to make sure you are looking at the right ships and at the right time.   There is a cruise ship (not part of TFAISP) in the harbor that is part of TFX and only moves at certain times per the TFX manual.   There are 3 TFAISP ships that initiate just southwest of Sitka at the opening of Sitka Sound into the Gulf of Alaska.  Since these 3 ships iniate at this location  (the Jade, Misty Cruise and a tanker)...they are not always seen moving in this area.  Sometimes they just sit there.   Set your GMT to 2002 hours and check them out.  All 3 should be starting their movement then so they will still be in the area.

If you want to check out all of the TFAISP ships in the larger TFX area and beyond quickly, I suggest getting Google Earth Tracker http://fsxget.codeplex.com/ (if you don't have it), which is a free download and shows all of the FSX AI overlaid on the Google Earth Map moving in real time.

This may or may not be of help...just wanted to make sure you were looking at the right time at the right ships.

Rod

Thanks Rod, this was spot on  :)

Now the Norwegian Jade and others are moving, and I am enjoying this great enhancement.

Michael

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
Hi Michael,

That's great!    Have fun and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other problems.

Rod

Jocko Flocko

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 01:25:21 AM »
Thanks for sharing this small problem and the solution as I too had one little FS9 traffic file sitting in a folder that I just couldn't for the life of me track down... I used AI Flight Planner 2 (AIFP2) to scan for the problem file which found it and converted it to FSX traffic format.

Shipping is now moving properly again all ports ready for business and the Valdez oil terminal back to filling those tankers!

Thanks! :)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
That's great news and welcome to RTMM!

Rod