Author Topic: Halibut Cove is now available for download!  (Read 8897 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Halibut Cove is now available for download!
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »
Hi All,

The community of Halibut Cove, Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula, lies in a protected stretch of waterway called the narrows, which runs between the hourglass-shaped Ismailof Island and the south shore of Kachemak Bay. Many of the houses sit on pilings (due to regular tidal variances of almost 25 feet), and the only transportation is by boat - there are no cars. There are no roads.  There are no runways.  Halibut Cove can only be reached by ferry, floatplane or amphibian.

The surrounding water of Kachemak Bay provides the livelihood of many Halibut Cove residents. Local men and women fish commercially for salmon, halibut or cod. There are also a number of artists in the Cove, and it’s not unusual for a resident to be both artist and commercial fisherman.  In the summer, Halibut Cove is a vacation destination for many Alaskans as well as visitors to the State.

RTMM Halibut Cove features:

•   Hundreds of hand-made changes to terrain elevations, textures & autogen
            •   Many custom modeled objects to provide key photo-similar structures to real-life
            •   All AI Boats and AI Floats feature photo-similar repaints and depart according to set schedules   
                that vary by season*
            •   Foliage/ground textures & people change according to the season*
            •   Static and animated Wildlife
            •   Fully-featured RTMM Control Panel to give the user maximum flexibility in what objects are
               displayed to either improve frame rates, better match a given season or just suit the user's
               fancy.
            •   Hundreds of feet of Boardwalk\Piers\Pilings that rise above the extremely tidal water
            •   A logical base of operations for your Kenai Peninsula adventures
            •   An incredibly unique location where taxiing to a dock or doing some casual boating is an exciting
               visual experience

*RTMM Season Switcher required for this feature

After many months of work, the RTMM Staff and Beta Testers are extremely pleased with this new ground-breaking piece of scenery from Return to Misty Moorings.  Some think it is our best effort yet.  If you haven't seen the 5 minute video feature of this scenery, and want to watch it,  Click Here.   

In order to use this scenery and make sure you have all the new custom modeled objects, you should have already downloaded and installed the brand new versions of the CeyX Object Libraries and the RTMM Object Libraries which were posted to the RTMM site on July 18.  Now you can download the Halibut Cove scenery package itself from the RTMM Scenery section under "H".

The requirements for Halibut Cove are:

Microsoft FSX (with Acceleration Pack)
ORBX SAK
Tongass Fjords X (Numerous Tongass Fjords X Objects are used in this scenery)
The latest version of all of the Return To Misty Moorings Object Libraries (Note: only the 2 mentioned
            above have recently changed)
RTMM Season Switcher v3.3 (Optional but it really makes a difference)

I have posted a couple of new pictures below.

Enjoy!

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Halibut Cove is now available for download!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
This one will always be one of the "crown jewels" for RTMM. The team really pooled their talents on this project which literally took HOURS and HOURS.  I was on the sidelines watching this one, so I got to see it for the first time tonight as it was being uploaded to the server. I've been "there" ever since. This is the kind of a place you can just walk around and spend the day at. The detail is absolutely astounding and the attention to reality, amazing!  A great way to visit all the sites is by boat ... so grab a boat and cruise around and look at all the interesting structures. It is a truly beautiful virtual community.

There is a lot to see in this new area ... mostly just VAST scenery ... mountains, glaciers ... water and ice everywhere. We'll explore it all together ... and we'll use the beautiful Halibut Cove as the base of operations for all our adventures in this new area. 

So, head over to the Saltry for dinner ... I'll meet you there!

...and Congratulations to the team that created this "virtual masterpiece!"

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »
Thanks, Doug for those kind words.

Rod

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »
Just talked with Doug and he walked me through all the cool things here.. I just have to say AMAZING!   Great work, all!    I have been getting everything reinstalled to get back flying again, and this looks like a PERFECT place to start.. very cool, and appreciated.  ;D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
Hi Dan,

Welcome back to flying!  Yes, Halibut Cove is a great place to get back into the swing of things.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »
Downloading HC now so don't bother me for a few days!!!!!!   :P :D ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

aeugli

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »
Hallo Team,

Halibut Cove is incredible, thanks a lot to all who created the scenery.
I´ve just installed the scenery, now I´m reading the manual and the backround infos (phantastic add-on to the add-on!), then I´m flying to Halibut Cove as proposed.
I´m excited to explore this beautiful piece of art.
Thanks again to all...and keep on the outstanding work!
Cheers Rainer
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

rgerdes

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »
phew, I think I finally got it all - I can't imagine how many man hours went into this - amazing.
Only thing that looks a little out of place to me now is the "Decatur Shores Private Airport" float. Is it supposed to not have a link to shore?
Other than that and a couple Canadian flags that look a little out of place It is truly an amazing bit of work.

Congratulations,

Bob

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
Bob,
a bit confused on Decatur Shores airport.  Only reference I find for that name is in Washington state.  Are we speaking of RTMM scenery OTHER than Halibut Cove?  Also a screen shot and coordinates would be a major help with the problems.
Yeah a couple of folks are married to Canadians and fly both flags on the porch.  Tomato  tamatos kind of thing.   ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 08:43:52 PM »
Hi Bob,

Guess one of those guys at Halibut Cove, stole the signage from Decatur Shores and set up his own shop for fishing etc.   You are seeing the scene correclty.  The Decatur Shores signage was to suprise someone who happend to look.  I am glad you did.  See pic below of the real life Halibut Cove in that exact area.   I didn't think of the float in the middle of the water....just took it from real life.

Bottom line, your scenery is working perfectly!  Thanks for the kind words.

Rod

rgerdes

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
Stilleto2 - good to know - amazing attention to detail. Now I can start to really explore and enjoy - just noticed the horses and sheep atop the hill - another great touch.

Spud - most of the Canadian flags are on the Seine boats that were borrowed from Holger's Tongass Fjords - probably the Canadian in him. Only spotted one ashore - could be a transplanted Canadian I suppose....

Again, an amazing bit of work - you guys have set a mark that will be hard to beat.

Bob

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 10:38:20 PM »
Stilleto2 - good to know - amazing attention to detail. Now I can start to really explore and enjoy - just noticed the horses and sheep atop the hill - another great touch.

Spud - most of the Canadian flags are on the Seine boats that were borrowed from Holger's Tongass Fjords - probably the Canadian in him. Only spotted one ashore - could be a transplanted Canadian I suppose....

Again, an amazing bit of work - you guys have set a mark that will be hard to beat.

Bob

Bob,
gotcha and Rod thanks for clearing up the Decatur Shores signage.  Those purse seiner's are 'feriners' stealing our fish I guess. Can't stop em on the high seas and their money spends just as well in the local shops, bars and eateries.
(RTMM has permission to use Tongass X objects but we do not alter them)
Glad your enjoying the latest jewel in the scenery the guys worked very hard on it.
 8)

Later,

Spud

LV-PDD

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
Simply amazing, thanks to all the people who work to make our simulated trips more realistic
Paul
Buenos Aires. Argentina
"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life."
Igor Sikorsky, 1945

TheGravedigger

• Little Good Pieces Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 12:27:18 PM »
Magnificent!

It never ceases to amaze me how much high-quality scenery you guys put out for absolutely no cost at all to the users.  This has to be a labor of love for you, and an unrivaled benefit for the rest of us.

Many thanks!
Robert

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
This has to be a labor of love for you, and an unrivaled benefit for the rest of us.

I would say you've hit the nail on the head, there.  ;)   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:45:08 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P