Author Topic: Returned to Return to Misty Moorings  (Read 2392 times)

tphelps

Returned to Return to Misty Moorings
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:03:29 AM »
Having spent four months in southwest Florida bicycling, basking in the sun, enjoying good food, making new friends, and avoiding the rainy season of the USA's PNW, I've returned to find RTMM a very busy place. I've missed the friendly folks here and I've missed the "low and slow" dances with my Pipers, Beavers, Kodiaks, et all.

And it is good to be back on my big ol' desktop computer. Laptops, tablets, and smart phones serve a purpose, but there's nothing more reassuring while traversing the digital world than overclocked multi-core processors, real graphics cards, a monitor that I don't have to squint at, and a wire hanging out of the ethernet port running directly to the router. A person can get real work done on this thing--or real play! And I've missed playing in the land of Misty Moorings. Meanwhile, I digress . . .

Well, the first thing I did was to download and install Orbx SAK and newest libraries. What anticipation! Of course I took a test flight around Juneau, Haines, and Skagway. But then I headed over to RTMM, and I've been busy downloading all of the magnificent sceneries and enhancements. It's just too much fun! (BTW, I'm glad the web site is running at optimal speed once again.)

Meanwhile, I have been commissioned to pilot the new Kodiak RTMM Air Taxis and have arrived at PAWS to pick up our first passengers. I'm so impressed by our RTMM facility here at Wasilla. Very nice! (I've posted a few screenshots that show off the PAWS RTMM Air Taxi scenery in the 'Screenshots' section.)

I have to say a huge "Thank You" to the wonderful and selfless RTMM developers (you know who you are) who continue to painstakingly produce stunning works of art for the flight sim canvass. Absolutely amazing! Many, many thanks!

Sorry for the long post. It's good to be back!

Ted

Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Returned to Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
Welcome Back Ted.  You did it "for real" ... I do it "virtually" now and then. I took a vacation from RTMM after we put up CIRP with all the ice and snow for 3 months ... grabbed my plane and flew to the Caribbean and tooled around for a month or so ... got warm!!! Then came back "home."  SAK is a huge landscape (canvas) for us to paint on ... beautiful scenery and lots of very different areas. I was surprised when I did the Air Taxi at Wasilla how "flat" it is all around Anchorage.  That makes finding those little strips a lot of fun, I rarely fly those at over 1000 feet.  Welcome back.
Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »
Glad to see you back. SAK will be our new project for quite some time I believe. What a package. That's a beauty. Doug's also done a massive amount of work on all the cabins so don't miss those little gems.

Brad
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:02:37 PM by Doug »

tphelps

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »
Thanks, Doug and Brad, for the warm welcome back. I then want to visit Iskut Village, the Air Cargo Bases, and then start visiting the many cabins. This is going to be a blast. I've already noticed some of the new AI shipping and I plan to take full advantage of the many sea plane bases that are scattered conveniently around. There's so much already, and SAK is so new! Yes, SAK is a huge canvas offering seemingly endless opportunities for low and slow.

Thanks again,

Ted
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:52:05 AM by Doug »
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
Hi Ted,
welcome back on RTMM! I see you already jumped into the virtual RTMM world again and having fun....great! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

tphelps

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
It's always nice to be back home. Thanks for the warm welcome.