Author Topic: Guess I'm getting up to date....  (Read 3024 times)

Jim Moeller

Guess I'm getting up to date....
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »
Thanks to Jon's (Highground) CONSTANT nagging, I'm now running a dual display for Flight Sim....had a rough time finding a spot for the second monitor, but managed to shoe-horn it in....so the main display is an Acer 22" widescreen, and the secondary is an old Asus 20" widescreen with a big honkin' red line that runs up the left side of the display, but it's good enough for putting the routes in...and it's big enough where I don't have to squint to see it...getting old ain't for weenies!  ;D

Jim

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Guess I'm getting up to date....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »
Hey Jim,
I know what you mean.  My second monitor, a Dell 19" flat panel, is against the left wall, at a right angle to my main monitor.  A 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma TV.  To the right of that is my full tower case.  On the floor below that is my second computer.  And I want to get a second 42" monitor for the other half of my cockpit.   :D  Yes, it's very cozy at my controls, which are also clamped to the desk.  (I can't really see the desk, but it's under there somewhere). 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:30:38 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Jim Moeller

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:23:31 AM »
I know what you mean Jeff, my computer desk doubles as my ham radio station as well...then you throw in the yoke on top of that, and I'm very glad that most things are wide and flat...I need a bigger desk...and a gorilla to deliver it and set it up. They don't get lighter as they get bigger I've noticed.  :-\

Jim

grover149

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »
I found out some time ago the second monitor is especially useful with a flight sim. No more cluttered panel when you're trying to fly. I also use the second monitor when I'm getting recipes off the internet. It's so much easier copying and pasting than typing in the whole thing (especially at my age).

They don't get lighter as they get bigger I've noticed.  :-\

Jim

Oh, yeah? Wonder how much a 42 inch CRT monitor would weigh! LOL.

Cheers
Grover

Jim Moeller

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
Yup....glad to know I'm not the only cooking type here!

Hmmm...a 42 incher.....I'd be willing to try it if I could keep it!  ;)

Jim