Author Topic: The Legacy Collection  (Read 4255 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
The Legacy Collection
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
The RTMM team has created the "Legacy Collection" for our beginners, those new to RTMM.  This is a collection of 35 "tried and true" locations that can be added fairly quickly for someone starting out at RTMM.  Please note, if you already have any of these locations and want to try Legacy, you must remove them from your FSX library first or they will "duplicate." NOTHING is NEW in any of these. So don't feel you are missing something by not having them, if you have the locations already installed there is NO NEED for you to install Legacy.

You can see the Legacy Collection Page by going to Misty's Place, the Scenery Page, and the Home Page and click on the cabin icon ... these will take you to the Legacy Collection Page.  Also note on the scenery page, there is now a little cabin icon beside the "zip download" button for any scenery location that is included in Legacy.  Clicking on any of those takes you to the Legacy Page.

We hope this thread will be used by new comers who are seeking help with the initial installation. The RTMM team will be watching this thread closely to be ready to help people "get started."  Return to Misty Moorings is "full contact FSX" ... and just getting started can be daunting. Our goal for Legacy is to make that experience easier so more people can enjoy the wonders of the beautiful Pacific Fjords of Alaska. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:45:03 AM by Doug »

DaveLTB

• When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade
Re: The Legacy Collection
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:24:33 AM »
Thanks
Just what I need  :)
Thanks and Greetings

Dave Britzius
Cape Town
(Flight Simulator Cockpit Builder)

nikaslan

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:14 AM »
This "Legacy Collection" is a great idea IMO. A great place for a novice to start, to get a basic scenery core upon which he can 'build' the rest of the RTMM world.

I remember when I started visiting the RTMM site I was kinda lost in regards to where I should start. Then I wished for a complete package to exist, but in the end it was good to build this scenery taking my time, one place at a time, to fly the suggested routes and get familiar with the scenery and the general area.

Great idea not to include everything in one package!

MyPC8MyBrain

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 04:27:11 AM »
Well done guys, bravo  ;)

Destroy

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »

Great idea not to include everything in one package!

On the other hand, I think it would be quite convenient and major time saver to also have a dated, yearly updated MegaPack available with all the current MM scenery in one download.  And have the scenery all in one folder so it all gets installed at once when you Add Scenery within FSX, not tediously one at a time.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 07:41:42 PM »
Nope. Not going to see that. Each place stands on its own and is meant to be experienced one at a time. Take your time and install one place, then go there. Lather, rinse, repeat.

No hurry. See the sights. One at a time.

Brad

bsteffine

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
I'm brand new to RTMM and getting started with the Legacy Collection. However, I have a preliminary question about installations: inside my Addon Scenery folder are two other folders, "scenery" and "textures". Do my scenery files go inside the main folder (Addon Scenery) or inside one of these sub folders?

And a second question: we are instructed to unzip and run the EZ_1.exe into a "dummy" folder and then add the files manually. Should we do the same procedure for the rwy12_1 Library.exe. since that one looks to be defaulting to FS9?

And finally, I am confused about the screen shot of the FSX Scenery Library on your Object Libraries instructional page. I am not understanding the position of the Addon Scenery folder in relation to all the object library and RTMM scenery folders. In other words, if I am understanding this all, I am placing the object libraries and the RTMM sceneries INSIDE that Addon Scenery folder, so if that Addon Scenery folder is in the FSX list, why are the object library folders and RTMM scenery folders also in the list? Doesn't this duplicate them? I hope this question is understandable the way I've worded it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:46:40 PM by bsteffine »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
bsteffine,
the recommended way to install RTMM scenery is to add a folder named Misty Moorings inside the Add on Scenery folder of FSX.  When you download and unzip a RTMM scenery you copy the resultant folder into the Misty Moorings folder you made.
Example: you download Aiken Creek Camp and unzip the file.  You move or copy the folder Aiken Creek Camp along with the sub-folder scenery into the Misty Moorings folder.
FSX....\Addon Scenery\Misty Moorings\Aiken Creek Camp and its sub folder goes in this order.  Doing it this way you can always manipulate individual sceneries from RTMM is the need arises.
If you used the scenery and texture folders under Addon Scenery you would not know which files went to what scenery after just a few installs.
Correct on the .exe file for the libraries.  Always safer to be sure things go where they belong by doing it manually.
 8)
Later,

Spud

bsteffine

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
Ok, that wasn't so bad. Got everything loaded except Tongass Fjords (waiting for recognition to get the discount). Used the scenery tester, which was pretty awkward, but finally confirmed all my installs.

As has been repeated in other posts, it is critical to read (and re-read as oft as necessary!) all the instructions. When my head stopped spinning, I got it all correct.

Lots of very helpful info here. Just gotta' take the time to find it all.  :)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »
Yep,
after doing the "library shuffle" it takes a couple of beers on the latest 'newbie' at Misty's Place to wind down.  Once that hurdle (libraries) has been overcome you can settle down to a nice leisurely pace of one or two locations at a time.  That way it is easy to do but be sure if you get the 'Legacy Collection' you don't add the same areas from the single locations downloads as it will most likely result in problems with the scenery.
 8)
Later,

Spud