Author Topic: SAK AI shipping is Tongass X absolutely needed ?  (Read 2254 times)

Wolter van der Spoel

SAK AI shipping is Tongass X absolutely needed ?
« on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »
Hi Fella's  8)

First of all congrats on the recently released AI Shipping files for SAK, they are much appreciated :)

I do have a small problem  ::)

when having the AI shipping files installed my fsX goes tits up directly after it is fully loaded, removing the shipping files and renaming the original ORBX FTX file resolves the issue but I'm left without your ships at Skagway, I do not have Tongass X installed could that be the cause for this or am I completely mistaken?

Many thankx in advance for your suggestions and /or solutions for my little "issue" here,

with kindest regards,

Wolter

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: SAK AI shipping is Tongass X absolutely needed ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »
Perhaps you could just install the bgl that covers Skagway if you already have all the ships/boats in your SimObjects/Boats folder.  Traffic_SKAG.bgl I think it is.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
Wolter,
Welcome to RTMM.
You can install all the BGL's you want and the problem will not be solved because of the simple fact you do not have Tongass X installed.
Here is a direct cut n' paste from the INSTALL_PFJAISP_ReadMe.txt you should have read when trying to install PFJ shipping.  It applies to all the AI shipping packages from RTMM.

"This freeware scenery enhancement is for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator X.   This enhancement requires the ORBX "Pacific Fjords" region and the  FSAddon "Tongass Fjords X" region.  If you do not have these scenery regions installed this file will  not work properly for you. "

In addition the SAK AI shipping should be installed last of all the AI shipping because it has 13 updates to the other packages that would be negated if you install other packages after SAK.
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »
Hi Wolter,

First of all let me say Welcome to RTMM and thanks for all the moderator work and everything else you do at ORBX....without ORBX, RTMM wouldn't have a platform for our scenery addtions.

Spud, is correct....you need Tongass Fjords FSX from FSAddon.  The reason is that the AI Shipping packages use Tongass ship .mdl files.   This is with the permission of Francois Dumas from FSAddon.

The installer should have given you a list of missing .mdls when it tried to copy them from your "assumed" Tongass Fjords FSX installation to the SAKAISP folders.   Without the .mdls, FSX could easily fail when at activates AI traffic sometime past the 92% complete mark.

FSAddon does provide a discount to RTMM users......or check with Holger and maybe he can arrange something for you.

You just have to have Toongass to complete the wonderful scenery in this part of North America......I just love flying from southern PNW all the way to Anchorage making stops along the way  (a long multi-day trip) and enjoying the best FSX scenery the world has to offer.

Rod 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Hey Fled,
     (Ah, . . .here's that thread you were talking about on Sunday's flight)

Yep, you gotta have Tongass X, but it's a great addition, as I'm sure everyone is telling you.  Your gonna be glad you got it, and your shipping will work too!  ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P