Author Topic: Misty's Place  (Read 9400 times)

Carl100

Misty's Place
« on: April 12, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
After using Misty's Place with no problems, I now have it messed up, buildings not there and places me in trees.  Any ideas.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Misty's Place
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
Carl,
by any chance have you downloaded any Misty's Place scenery other than the file available on the Scenery Download board?  Xavier and Brad have been experimenting with updating Misty's Place recently and perhaps you installed one of those files some how.  I would download Misty's Place from the Scenery Download board and install it again.

Also do you have the RTMM scenery placed above the ORBX scenery in the FSX Sceney Library?

If you do not set an insertion point for the ORBX scenery files every time you use FTX Central to switch from Default to North America or Oceania it will move ORBX files to the top of the FSX Scenery Library.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Hi Carl,
Gonna need more info on this one.  Make sure Misty's Place is active in your scenery library and FTX Central is set to North America.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Carl100

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
Screen Test

Carl100

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:45:15 AM »
I did move things around.  My guess is I got something in wrong order.   FTX Central set to NA

Carl100

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
more

Carl100

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 03:10:16 PM »
OK, I had everything out of order.  I went back and looked at where to place the object libraries and got them in the right order.  I knew I had done something.  thanks for the help.

Carl100

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
Sorry to bother you again.  Look at the buildings.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
Carl,
your missing textures in one of the libraries I believe.  I think Brad can determine which library your missing.
 8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:41:46 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 12:19:49 AM »
Not necessarily. It could be duplicate library objects and that is causing the black textures. I'll try to find out the objects but you're also seeing smoke showing up as black. And that's an effect, not an object. So, I'm not sure how to remedy that.

Brad

Carl100

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »
I found the problem  I had added "stat OBS Scenery" for some other airports.  I am still not sure of the smoke color.

Carl100

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
If possible, could you send me the smoke effects and I could change them in the my effects folder.  I may have changed them with some update. Thanks

Carl100

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »
Along with the black smoke, I now have black water spray.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
Carl,
you mentioned stat OBS Scenery.  Google says this is from UK Farmstrips Scenery and is part 1.  You say you found the problem (first problem).  Did you remove, disable, reposition or what with that scenery in the FSX Scenery Library??
Reading the directions on the "Fly Away" site I think I would disable or remove all the files related to the UK Farmstrips Scenery and see if thing clear up.  I recommend this method because reading the directions on their site if you can follow them at all they seem to be throwing things willy nilly into FSX and this might be the cause of your lack of smoke and spray textures.
Remember that the RTMM libraries should always be at the top of your FSX Scenery Library with all the RTMM scenery files below that.  The FTX/ORBX files should be next with Tongass X below the FTX/ORBX.  Other scenery IE: UK Farmstrip Scenery, should be below that.
When you add new foreign scenery (not RTMM or ORBX) to the FSX Library it will always be at the top and you need to move it below all the RTMM, FTX/ORBX Tongass X stuff to preserve the order or it could interfere with the 'Good Scenery'  ;D
FWIW I made a post somewhere on the site with screen shots of my Library order but after looking for a good hour I can't find the darn thing.  If you can find it the order I list above is shown.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »
Try this suggestion. I think this may help. I found it here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?215327-FSX-black-squares-effects

Brad

"Here's how I fixed the squares problem: Somehow the fx_1.bmp file was removed (probably when I uninstalled a third party aircraft). The fx_1.bmp is not only responsible for engine smoke, but also tuchdown effects as well (I was getting sqaures there also). Quite simply, you need fx_1.bmp to smooth out the smoke. Problem is you can't get it from the discs (the CAB files won't let you open it). So, the most efficient way to get the file was to download and install the relatively small (800MB) DEMO version, which has ALL the default textures.

It took about 1/2 hour to download and install, but it's still on microsoft's web site as of 04/11 http://www.microsoft.com/games/fligh...downloads.html Then just copy the fx_1.bmp to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects\texture file and IT WORKS! (No more squares and no more googling for the file). I actually created a sub-folder in the directory called "orig_textures", just in case it happens again.

Hope this helps."