Author Topic: tongass fjords  (Read 5565 times)

ray sievers

tongass fjords
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
New here so forgive mistakes please>  I believe I installed tongass fjords back in early 2012 but in flying I am not sure I made a good install so my questions are-1-is there a special scene, mountain, river or some way I can view while flying to see if I do have a good install.  2-If unable to assure of origional install can I just re install the tongass cd w/o messing up my FS program as I perhaps could not straighen out the program. 3--I use ORBX alot and plan to buy Tongass Fjords x  first in preparation for installing ORBX southern Alaska.
  Any and all suggestions on how I should install the mentioned new stuff in view of thought that I have already installed Tongass Fjords.
   Thanks for any help.
Ray Sievers

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: tongass fjords
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
I'll suggest to verify if you have a good Tongass Fjords installation, go to PASI airport. That's the ICAO for Sitka, Rocky Guitterez btw. Take a screenshot of the airport and surrounding area and post that here. We'll be able to tell right away if you have TF or not.

Also, there is a "Repair" selection for TF that might help alleviate any problems you may be having with it. In any case running a repair of your Tongass X installation (Windows start menu > All Programs > FSAddon > Tongass Fjords FSX > Repair) should fix the problem.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
Hi Ray,

Brad's advice is spot on if you have Tongass Fjords FSX installed.   However, it seemed that you said you were planning to buy Tongass Fjords FSX.  If that is true then a picture won't help since we don't support the previous version of Tongass anymore as far as I know.

Rod

ray sievers

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:07:58 PM »
stiletto
Rod along with the other reply thanks to you both but now I HAVE ANOTHER question.  In view of your remark that the original Tongass Fjords is no longer supported should I perhaps just forget about the original problem and instead go ahead and purchase tongass fjords X and have it interact with Orbx sak?

Thanks for your help.
ray Sievers

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »
Ray,
As far as I know Tongass Fjords was scenery for FS2004 (FS9) Tongass Fjords X is the replacement scenery to use with FSX.  It is a must have for RTMM as some of the destinations are located there and in addition it covers the coastal area between ORBX PNW and ORBX SAK.  Without Tongass Fjords X there will be a gap in your scenery along the coast.
Also as a member of RTMM you get a discount on the purchase of TFX.  Unfortunately I can't remember exactly how that is done but I'm sure someone will explain it here in the forums.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:36:19 PM »
stiletto
Rod along with the other reply thanks to you both but now I HAVE ANOTHER question.  In view of your remark that the original Tongass Fjords is no longer supported should I perhaps just forget about the original problem and instead go ahead and purchase tongass fjords X and have it interact with Orbx sak?

Thanks for your help.
ray Sievers

Yes, and Brad has posted a link to purchase it with a RTMM discount.  You won't be sorry.
Rod

ray sievers

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
Bradallen43

Brad here is the picture you ask for and I believe just the mere simplicity of picture I would feel that the original install was never successful.  I would hope that you would not bee able to sell something so basic and plain.
   I forgot that I am the one asking for help so please give me your thoughts.

Thanks--ray sievers

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »
That does not look right at all, let's start with the basics. Like "Spud" said earlier, have you purchased the correct version of Tongass Fjords X from FSAddon? Not just Tongass Fjords. The difference will be huge. Tongass Fjords is just for FS2004. Tongass Fjords X is for FSX. We only support the one for FSX. If you're flying in FS2004, you'll need to get help from FSAddon directly.

To verify this, you should see a file on your hard drive named: FSAD_Tongass_Fjords_X_SM.exe

Do you have that file?

Brad