Author Topic: Time to let off more steam!  (Read 4423 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Time to let off more steam!
« on: February 10, 2011, 08:21:10 AM »
I knew it all along, but didn't want to investigate that deeply... Where's that scream loud, bite knuckle smiley when you want it?

Even that pretty Cub from Flight Replicas is in for a spot of Eagleskinner vitriol aimed squarely at the paintkit (Sorry Mike)

The engine cowling map for the underside overlaps the fuselage, so as the cowling is green, two small patches of the fuselage behind the cowling are also green - or bits of the cowling are white if you do it the other way.

I am a bit worried about the rudder too. Getting the checker patterns to align is proving "interesting"

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

AaronMyers

Re: Time to let off more steam!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »
You should see if the A2A bird has the same problem... <hint, hint>

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
The A2A Cub's problem is that although they created a 4096 pixel square texture set, they simply crammed the whole plane onto the one sheet so you can't get much improvement in detail as a repainter - and I LOVE 4096 textures normally. But I am afraid you won't find my best standards on the A2A Cub. Lovely model, great with Accusim, just not as extensible to paint...

Just kidding... I have painted her, and the FR L4

All the best,

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:10:14 AM »
You may have been wondering about the fuss I make? Well, the worse insult I ever heard about me was "You ***** perfectionist!"

I guess that describes it well. I never let an aircraft out of my hangar in the real world that I would not willingly fly in myself and I feel pretty much the same about my offerings here in the sim world. I have probably annoyed more 3D model makers during dozens of beta tests, but they still come back for more... but I am even more unforgiving on my own work and want to give you the most I can by way of my painting "skills".

Take a look at the FR Super Cub. I could have given you something on day 1, but I keep spotting mistakes I have made (not to mention those that have been built into the mdl and I can't fix). Right now I am fine tuning the MM Checker Cub. Looksee:

All the best,

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:07:28 AM »
And then there's the FSAddon Super Cub that I happen to fly.........  ;)
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 03:25:53 AM »
I think I have that hidden away in my hangar somewhere - I have so many Cubs, I tend to get lost...

Anyway, there's a temporary pause on this Cub. I am checking back with the developer to see if he's interested in fixing the nine or ten little detail mis-matches in his mapping. I'll be back on this job soon.
All the best,

CAF440

• USCG DSF Lt. Dist 9
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
And then there's the FSAddon Super Cub that I happen to fly.........  ;)

Now that you mention it, the FSAddon Cub is the only one in my hanger. At least the FSaddon Cub is nice and simple and little b!tchy once like it is in the RW. To me A2A's is nice but too technical and overdone to match the RW Cub.