Author Topic: Leisure Boats lost FSX and military vessels  (Read 7574 times)

druide

Leisure Boats lost FSX and military vessels
« on: January 09, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »
Good Morning to all,

I´ve got two questions:

1. I just noticed that after the installation (at least it seems to me that this was the cause) of the wonderful Alaska ships and routings that I lost my leisure boats. I searched the web for a solution but did not find helpful information. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

2. The Alaska ships packages do include military vessels (Carriers, frigates...) as well, right? Do they show up in a random order i.e. some times cargo ships drive their routes and sometimes the mil vessels or do they have distinct/special routes as I could not find information in the included readme pdf

Thank you for assistance - and btw ALL your wonderful work is highly appreciated :-)

Willy

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Leisure Boats lost FSX and military vessels
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:14:56 AM »
I suggest setting your leisure boat traffic to 100% and then backing it off to about 10-15. Try that as I wasn't seeing any of them for awhile I noticed. But doing this made them reappear. But there's no way you want to have them up high in volume because they will eat a lot of FPS up.

The military ships all have separate tracks. But they are at random places just like the Cargo vessels. We mainly use the Coast Guard cutters and I know you can find them around PAKT, CYBD, CYPR etc. As for the US Navy carrier group, they are a separate AI Shipping installation you can find here: http://return.mistymoorings.com/enhancements/  Fourth item down.

After you install that zipfile, install the Forrester Island Research Outpost scenery and plan a trip out there. When you head out towards Forrester Island, you'll see the carrier group.

Brad

druide

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:46 PM »
Thank you for the help.....that did the trick. I was just wondering why they dissapeared.

Willy

Woogey

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:07 PM »
Since this topic also covers Naval ships...........My question is:  Can the default FSX AI Carriers and Cruisers be swapped out for better AI models?  As in Javier Fernandez's Ike and Nimitz package?  Also I have a lot of ship models that I acquired from the FS-Shipyards site.  Some are AI, some are driveable.  All are better representations of real world vessels than the default shipping.  I am sure you guys have seen this site,  I am just not educated enough to know if there would be some kind of model conflict? 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:02:09 AM »
Hello Woogey,
     I would guess that it is possible.  I don't usually see many carriers in the fjords though. ;D
There is a AI Carrier program that I have that places a fully functional AC carrier in your flight path or at your position, etc. which you can then land on and take off from, including catapult launch and arrestor cables if you have FSX Acceleration.  (or you can place an entire carrier group with support craft) 

Rod, Dex or Jan probably know more about swapping AI models.  They are making all the AI shipping for PFJ and SAK.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:31:03 AM »
Woogey,
FS-Shipyards is a rather old site that I know has some FS9 ship models available and if the AI are FS9 they will prevent FSX AI from showing so use caution replacing AI.  You may need to convert FS9 AI to FSX so you will see your AI shipping.
 8)
Later,

Spud