Author Topic: titles missing in scenery library  (Read 4393 times)

Lazyeight

titles missing in scenery library
« on: January 27, 2013, 03:38:07 PM »
While trying to make some improvement in my FSX scenery library I have messed something up. I have a total of 384 listings in the scenery library. When I start FSX and go to settings and scenery library the titles show up for the first few items and then no titles for items 6 through 198. The addon scenery is there and works fine but no titles. Any good suggestions for me to try and get the titles showing again? I use Prepar3D also and the scenery library there is fine, but I have not tried to improve it either, so it is safe so far. I have run the acceleration disc with repair but that did not improve anything. If I add some new scenery the titles show up. All the titles were there before I started messing with it this time.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you have to offer.
Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: titles missing in scenery library
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
While trying to make some improvement in my FSX scenery library I have messed something up. I have a total of 384 listings in the scenery library. When I start FSX and go to settings and scenery library the titles show up for the first few items and then no titles for items 6 through 198. The addon scenery is there and works fine but no titles. Any good suggestions for me to try and get the titles showing again? I use Prepar3D also and the scenery library there is fine, but I have not tried to improve it either, so it is safe so far. I have run the acceleration disc with repair but that did not improve anything. If I add some new scenery the titles show up. All the titles were there before I started messing with it this time.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you have to offer.

Lazyeight

If it ain't broke ............   :-\  If you know what the first 'missing' title is try deleting it in the scenery library and reinstalling it from scratch to see if the text reappears.   ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

Lazyeight

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »
Thanks Spud. I tried that with the top 10 and bottom 10 and just those filled in. So, I guess I will spend the afternoon deleting and adding all the rest of them and then I will have my scenery library with all the titles. I was looking for some easy fix but this will not be a bad chore anyway. Thanks for the idea.
Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:54 PM »
Lazyeight,
I posted on the OZx (I think it was) site, another way to try and solve the problem.  Your Scenery.Cfg file is missing the Title portion of these scenery entries.  Try this, rename your Scenery.cfg file to like Scenery.cfg.ORG, for Original.  The start FSX and let it rebuild your Scenery Data base.  See if that places the titles into the file.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Lazyeight

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
Spud, thanks for your interest is my problem. I had tried your suggestion and it did not work. At first it even eliminated my OZx and FTX entries. I was able to enter a saved scenery.cfg file I had created when I first started trying to make these corrections, and get these OZx and FTX scenery files back again. Anyway, I am back to getting all my files installed once more.
Thanks again,
Lazyeight