Author Topic: Managing Scenery Library Entries  (Read 2924 times)

archangel1

Managing Scenery Library Entries
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
Did I, or did I not, see a trick for quickly moving an entry up or down the library? It sure gets to be more than a nuisance if you have to shift things ten or twenty or fifty places, particularly as your library grows.  There are over 100 sceneries for RTMM alone and I'm not looking forward to the point when I have to shift a newly entered Yes Bay Lodge below Yakhoun Lake Cabin, just to keep things alphabetical!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Managing Scenery Library Entries
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:28 PM »
I do remember talking about that.  What I do is to highlight the entry and choose "move down" from the menu on the right.  You have to press that button once to get it started.  Then, just press and hold the "d" key to go down, or the "u" key to go up.  Watch the entry numbers on the right side as they scroll, and watch for the spot you're aiming for.  It can come up pretty quick.  Then to move quickly up and down the list, grab the slider with the mouse and slide it up to the next victim, er . . . line to be moved.  Highlight it and press the move down button, and you're on your way.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

archangel1

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:59:25 AM »
Thanks, Jeff.  That works a treat.  Should make things a lot simpler.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »
Another method nearly identical to what Jeff has said is to highlight the entry to be moved click the up/down button (whichever way your going) to begin moving the entry the first move then just hold the Enter key down and it will move your selection in the direction you picked until you release the key. 
 8)
Later,

Spud