Author Topic: Missing Texture near Prince Rupert  (Read 2578 times)

tbendt

Missing Texture near Prince Rupert
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
Hi,  I need help finding why this texture is missing (see photo).  I have all of the libraries installed and the library tester show all of the objects listed. 

Todd

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Missing Texture near Prince Rupert
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
Hi Todd,
     Sorry to say, I think that's the way it is.  It is like that for me too, and it seems to be the same wharf object (gen_wharf_05) from the "waterobjects.bgl" file as the one next to it, but is larger.   I think the waterobjects.bgl is a Microsoft object library.  There's nothing we can do to "fix" it, except replace it I guess.  So, it's ok.  It's like that for everybody.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:17:03 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

tbendt

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply Jeff. I was worried I might have missed something in the installation.
I love the scenery and I am grateful to all the creative people behind RTMM.

Regards,

Todd

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
FWIW to everyone, when you find a problem like the one in this thread use CTRL Z to turn on the LAT/LONG coordinates to aid in quickly locating the problem area before taking a screen shot.  Just makes it a heap easier to check out the problem for everybody.  Also try and pick an angle so that the coordinates are against a light background like the sky.   :D
 8)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:34:05 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »
If hitting "Ctrl-Z" doesn't do it for you, (autopilot altitude hold), then try "Shift-Z" instead.  That will display the coordinates in the top-left corner of the FSX screen.   ;) 

Or, you could use a freeware program called "Snapper" to take the screenies that need coordinates on 'em.  That's what I would've done if I'd thought of it. 

Thanks Spud.  I figured out where he was talking about, just by the picture.  It's the ship docks around the corner from Prince Rupert.  I went right to them.  But coordinates would have been better.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:20:32 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »
If hitting "Ctrl-Z" doesn't do it for you, (autopilot altitude hold), then try "Shift-Z" instead.  That will display the coordinates in the top-left corner of the FSX screen.   ;) 

Or, you could use a freeware program called "Snapper" to take the screenies that need coordinates on 'em.  That's what I would've done if I'd thought of it. 

Thanks Spud.  I figured out where he was talking about, just by the picture.  It's the ship docks around the corner from Prince Rupert.  I went right to them.  But coordinates would have been better.

Well Spit!   :-X  And I thought I was going to get through January without a Brain Fart!!   ::)
Thanks for the correct key sequence Jeff.  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud