Author Topic: I have really done it this time 😟  (Read 49 times)

shermank

I have really done it this time 😟
« on: April 20, 2024, 11:02:37 AM »
Yesterday I followed a suggestion about undoing hyper threading in my computer BIOS n the recommendation it would improve P3D which has been running fine, but my tweaking weakness got the best of me
I could not find any settings to make the change. But,I did click a couple of boot settings. BAAAAD MISTAKE.

I am completely locked out.
Trying to boot I get a “repair windows (10) page, which asks for my administrator password.
I did use a reset password routine which does get me into Microsoft.com, so I know it works.
Evidently however the is not the pw that the administrator login wants.

I reset my bios to default.
But, that changes nothing. I am inferring the problem lies within Windows, not the bios.
I did find a suggestion in a Microsoft users forum about how to bypass the repair screen and get directly into Safe Mode.
I have not tried that yet, but will when I get back to my desktop. I’m writing from my iPad now.
So, if anyone has expertise, I am open to all other suggestions.
Thanks for reading this.
Sherm.

shermank

Re: I have really done it this time 😟 PROBLEM SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 01:35:11 PM »
The solution is ridiculously simple, though it took me much to much time to solve it.

I found  a suggestion that unplugging all unused peripherals would help restore booting to normal. Bingo...that did the trick...I am a happy pilot again.
And, I have learned not to screw around with the BIOS...at least until the next time...
 :-[ :-[ :-[