Author Topic: Sound files for Cessna bush planes?  (Read 2254 times)

Brian_

Sound files for Cessna bush planes?
« on: December 22, 2012, 03:03:05 AM »
I was wondering if anyone had a source for improved sound files for either the C185 or C206?

I know TSS did some planes but not a lot for bush types... :-\

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Sound files for Cessna bush planes?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »
I use Accufeel and that will definitely change your sounds in the aircraft. Try that and see how you like it.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=49

Brad

archangel1

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
ArezOne (Honduras) does sound files for the C-152, C-172, C-182, C-185, C-208, C-210, C-337 and C-340.

Synchro-Soft (Germany) has the C-152, C-172, C-182, C-185 and C-208.

SimMarket has them available, most, if not all (didn't check), with a demo video. ArezOne go for about $13 (w/o VAT) while Synchro-Soft are listed at around $7.50 (w/o VAT).

Don't see a C-206 but it used the same engine as the C-185 and Beechcraft Bonanza so either one would probably work.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Brian_

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
Thanks for the great suggestions, guys. :D

Archangel, I listened to each of the options from the companies you suggested and I find they each have different advantages and disadvantages. Do you have a preference?

When I was a kid, I used to listen daily to the almighty roar of a C185 taking off down the channel near Juneau and it seems like these sound files fall rather short in that category.

Just for comparison, the external sound files for the Carenado B200 are phenomenal.

archangel1

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 01:44:28 AM »
Sorry, Brian_, I can't give you an opinion on any of these because I'm still working on getting my computer upgraded so I can run FSX properly (and the dozen or so other high spec games I've got stacked on my desk).  Every time I think I'm at the point where I can order a new system (my current one is about 14 years old!), something else breaks down.  So far, I've had a leaky roof (and basement), a balky furnace (twice), multiple plumbing woes including the toilet in the main bathroom, garden retaining wall collapse, etc.  I know the house is approaching the half century mark but did everything have to fall apart just after I took early retirement 20 months ago? I'm going into serious withdrawal here!

Good luck, anyway.

Mike
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!