Author Topic: RTMM AI Shipping Project for Pacific Northwest Ready for Download  (Read 6069 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi all,

PNWAISP (Shipping Traffic for Pacific Northwest) has been released - By Dex Thomas, Rod Jackson and Brad Allen.

Return To Misty Moorings (RTMM) is proud to bring you the Pacific Northwest AI Shipping Project (PNWAISP). This is part of several extensive AI shipping enhancement projects for the areas of coverage we do.  Conceived by Brad Allen but made possible by the combined talents of Dexter Thomas, Jan de Jong and Rod Jackson, PNWAISP will add many ships to the Pacific Northwest region.

You'll see custom ships that Jan repainted and used for this project as well as default FSX and other models. Dex has put together many new traffic routes (tracks) that will populate the larger bodies of water throughout the area. With this enhancement, you will see numerous cruise ships, various cargo, container and other commercial shipping vessels bringing tourists and goods to the area.  There are a couple of pictures at the end of this announcment.

Here is a link to the Shipping Page where you can donwload the Pacific Northwest AI Shipping Package:

http://return.mistymoorings.com/shipping/index.php

Have Fun!

Rod

Handie

Re: RTMM AI Shipping Project for Pacific Northwest Ready for Download
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
Thank you very much to you  :)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Ditto   Heading to the download button now!
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

GoBeeCee

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
Also ditto ! Thanks to all of you. I start downloading right now...

Henk    :D
5 x LCD 22"; AMD HD6970; MSI-Z68A-GD65; i7-2600k; W7-64; SSD1-512Gb; SSD2-240Gb; HHD-1Tb; CoolerMaster CM690II; Saitek yoke+rudder, 2xthrottle quadrant, trimwheel, 2xradio, multi, switch, TPM, TrackIr5, Buttkicker2 + >500W subwoofer

GoBeeCee

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
Low & slow near Victoria, endless horizons, beautiful skies, aso, aso...

Henk  :)
5 x LCD 22"; AMD HD6970; MSI-Z68A-GD65; i7-2600k; W7-64; SSD1-512Gb; SSD2-240Gb; HHD-1Tb; CoolerMaster CM690II; Saitek yoke+rudder, 2xthrottle quadrant, trimwheel, 2xradio, multi, switch, TPM, TrackIr5, Buttkicker2 + >500W subwoofer

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
Great pics, Henk!

Rod

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
I did install all the latest boat/ship traffic packs,using the auto install method.However I wanted to do manual installs.

I created a new folder on my desk top,and gave it a name.When I ran the installer I selected manual install.I then pointed the installer to the temp folder,where I wanted it to go.The installer would not let me put the files in the folder I created on my desk top.The installer wanted my fsx.exe.
I then created a new folder in my main FSX folder.I pointed the installer to the new folder,within my main fsx folder,and the installer still wouldn't put al the files in the folder I created?

Is there another way to extract these traffic files to a temp folder,so I can do a manual install?.

THX

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »
Hi Grayrider,
both methods, automatic and manual install are working fine. I tested them both several times.
Automatic install is the easy way...

If you want to do the manual install you should be aware askd by the installer two times:

First:
the installer asks for the FSX route folder in your system. This was the question you did see when trying the manual install.
point the installer to yout fsx main folder and confirm.

second:
after that the installer asks for an existing temp folder of choice. If you do not already have created a temp folder the installer will create a folder for you.
point the installer this temp folder ( in your case, the folder you already created) and confirm.

the installer will now copy all necessary file into this tempt folder. :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
Hi GrayRider,

What Klaus said is correct.  You have to identify your FSX folder (not your temp folder) when it asks you because the installer checks to make sure it is your FSX Folder...the reason......when the installer creates the manual folders and files it has to copy proprietary models into those folders from your FSX folder so it needs to know where those files are.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
One must take the time to read carfully and completly all the directions and .txt files.  ;D
 8)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:03:14 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
There was a cheat for FS9 (which, of course, I can't find at the moment) that fooled installers looking for an exe file when activated.  I believe all you had to do was create a text file in Notepad (didn't need to say anything specific - gibberish works) and rename it to fs9.exe or whatever the exe file was called.  You could then put that file in your temp folder and it would fulfill the requirements needed to extract any files enclosed in the zip.  The installer is only looking for the exe.  It doesn't actually need to use it.  Wonder if it would work for FSX?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
Not quite true that the installer doesn't actually use the FSX.exe because it needs to copy proprietary models from your FSX installation.

GreyRider,
why do things the hard way?  The autoinstall works perfectly well and only requires you to follow the directions to point to your FSX installation and press a key and your done.
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
There was a cheat for FS9 (which, of course, I can't find at the moment) that fooled installers looking for an exe file when activated.  I believe all you had to do was create a text file in Notepad (didn't need to say anything specific - gibberish works) and rename it to fs9.exe or whatever the exe file was called.  You could then put that file in your temp folder and it would fulfill the requirements needed to extract any files enclosed in the zip.  The installer is only looking for the exe.  It doesn't actually need to use it.  Wonder if it would work for FSX?

Yes, Spud is quite correct.   That kind of cheat only works if the Self-Extracting installer contains all the files that you need.  However, in the case of the AI Shipping packages, the installer also has to go get and copy certain proprietary model files from your FSX installation.....so the kind of cheat that you suggest would be worthless since the installer would not know where your FSX installation was located and therefore it would not copy over the required ship models.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
GreyRider,
why do things the hard way?  The autoinstall works perfectly well and only requires you to follow the directions to point to your FSX installation and press a key and your done.

Yep, that is what I was thinking, too.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P