Author Topic: FSX Misty Moorings Scenery keeps Moving to other priority?  (Read 10405 times)

chustadt

FSX Misty Moorings Scenery keeps Moving to other priority?
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »
Mysty's Place and EZ installed ok 1 and 2 priortiy and all works fine. Now when I fly in a different area like Europe and come back to Ketchikan Misty's Place and EZ Library has moved to position 33 and 34 and now Mysty's Place no longer shows up in the scenery? If I move the the Mysty's and EZ Scenery area back to priority 1 and 2 and let it rebuild it works again. But does one have to do this every time to make it work?

Thanks for your help.

Craig Hustadt

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: FSX Misty Moorings Scenery keeps Moving to other priority?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
Craig,
You did not say so but I'm assuming that you used FTX Central to switch to default or if you have ORBX England installed then switched to Europe?  FTX Central will automatically place all FTX scenery at the top of the FSX Scenery Library every time you switch areas using it.  The solution is to place a insertion point in your scenery library to keep all RTMM scenery and libraries ABOVE the ORBX/FTX scenery.
When you say "Mysty's Place and EZ installed ok 1 and 2 priority..." if you only have those two RTMM folders in your FSX Scenery Library there is a lot more wrong with your installation than can be covered here.  Can you post a screen shot of the FSX Library showing the order of your scenery folders?
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Craig,
have a look at this thread it explains in detail what the Library order is supposed to be with the insertion point added with FTX Central Tools.

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1143.msg8406#msg8406

Note:
in my personal installation of FSX I use a combined scenery object library that includes all of the various RTMM required libraries combined into a master library I call EZ Object Library.  Most people have the various libraries in individual folders and these folders would be at the vary top of the library where my screenshots show only the one library.

8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:01:27 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »
You will also need to make sure you have all of our required libraries installed and active. Then you can set up your library with insertion points, new scenery, etc.

One step at a time, one library at a time, install the scenery library object tester to make sure you have the libraries installed, then you can get some scenery locations installed, set up the insertion point that keeps the ORBX stuff BELOW our stuff.

Any help needed, just ask here and we'll be happy to assist.

Brad

chustadt

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »
Thanks the information it helped. My problem was missing the insertion point. I have now played with it and my scenery's are no longer moving.
Question or my misunderstanding is where to put the insertion point I used Addon Scenery's as the insertion point but there must be a rule as where you put it?
I know that Tongass should be infront of FTX or Orbx files and now we add Misty's scenery?
Thanks again
Craig

chustadt

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
Here is the beginning of my scenery library. I have over 155 items listed most of Orbx and others.

Thanks again
Craig

chustadt

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »
Part two of my scenery library.

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »
Hi Craig,

The link that Spud referred you too shows it pretty well.   Tongass goes below FTX....reference page 4 (at the bottom) of the ORBX PFJ Manual.

The insertion point should be the library you have just below the ORBX entries.  On the link spud gave you, it looks like his insertion point library is the Grand Canyon one.   Basically if you think of it in layers from the top (Priority 1) down.....

RTMM Scenery Libraries
RTMM Object Libraries  (these can also be above the RTMM Scenery libraries since it does not matter)
<Whatever else needs to be above ORBX stuff>
OZx Libraries (they are automatically placed if you have them)
ORBX Libraries
<your insertion point library>
Tongass Libraries
Other Libraries
FSX Default Libraries

I don't use UT so don't know where they should go.....hopefully this gives you a general idea...

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 01:28:29 AM »
UT should be below the FTX insertion point, and disable it when flying within an FTX area.  ;) 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:37:00 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:46 AM »
Jeff, curious about disabling UT when in FTX areas.  I have UT Alaska and never disable it.  Haven't seen a problem but is there one, or  possibility of one?

Edit:   I just checked at FTX for compatibility problems and this link will help sort it out.  I had forgotten about it.  Just needed to deactivate the night lights in the FTX NA, PFJ areas.  There is also a link to a batch file that will automate the process.  That link is in this thread by Holger.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17121-ultimate-terrain-x-usacanada-and-ultimate-alaska-x-compatibility-with-ftx-pnw-pfj-and-nrm/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:48:00 AM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »
UTX should be below the FTX insertion point
This is corrrect! (lower priority)
and disable it when flying within an FTX area

This is generally not necessary. Can be done but there will be no difference.
All  large Orbx area sceneries brings their own mesh, landclass, textures with them in own folders.
UTX has less than a marginal influence on these sceneries. Using UTX in theses areas doesn't give neither improvement nor deterioration.

Holger's thread is old but still informative (==> Dragnhorn's hint/link)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
Ok, thanks.  That's good to know.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »
For me, turning on "UT Exclusions for default scenery" causes the "trees in the bay" phenomenon.  While at Juneau, I tried several variations, with FTX Central on default, and also set on North America.  I also tried deactivating the Tongass Fjords, (and also repair of TFX) but the result was the same.  Trees instead of water with it on, normal water with it off.  See if it's the same for you.  I am referring to the "Ultimate Terrain X: Alaska" program in particular.  Oh, I also moved the entry to various locations in my scenery library list, with no change.

So, while all the other components of UTX AK will display, although not properly, the UT Exclusions for default scenery causes the ocean to dry up completely.  The buildings near the shoreline don't match the terrain, and there are also cruise ships up on land.  Maybe it's just me?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:25:48 AM by jeff3163 »

Dieter

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 04:32:03 AM »
Well, the secrets of UTX...
I'll try to give some help, maybe.

- Did you ever modify your UTX like suggested:
- http://www.simforums.com/Forums/topic29041.html

scroll down to:
THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY A SUGGESTION. THIS IS HOW I PERSONALLY SET UP UTX.. 

- Did you disable possible double airports in UTX Alaska  "Repositioned by Ultimate Terrain X"?
Especially if you should have:
- SE Alaska adjustment pack from FS Genesis

Important to read:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-faq-4-miscellaneous_topic29684.html
scroll down to:
Q. I have seen cases of trees in the middle of water bodies like lakes and rivers, what could be causing this?
Read answering thread:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/trees-in-water_topic34801.html

Also read:
Q. I just went flying in an area covered by a UTX product and all my water has turned to land. I found that if I turned off "UT Exclusions for Default Scenery" in the FSX Scenery Library the sea reappears but I do not think this is the correct solution. How do I really fix this?

On my system:
I have trees/bushes all around when putting the EZ Library in a higher priority than Orbx and RTMM sceneries.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
Getting better.  I purchased UTX Canada, read the threads above, and made some adjustments to my scenery library order.  What fixed my problem was the install of the UTX product.  I was missing some critical files in my scenery library.  (an oversight after the FSX reinstall last summer.)  A reinstall of the UTX Alaska would have fixed it just as well.  That's ok, Canada's scenery needed major help anyway.

The programs do ok together, and I knew that.  I've run them together before.  I forgot, I guess.  This thread is now a valuable tool for compatability issues with UTX.  Thanks.

(now I need to go see what I did to Canada)  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:23:25 AM by jeff3163 »