Author Topic: Ship's will be duplicated  (Read 2529 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Ship's will be duplicated
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:59:14 PM »
You will see the same ship at several different locations. In all of our regions, a lot of the same ships models were selected for use. Just so everyone knows, Dex and I worked a lot on trying to make sure the same ship doesn't show up in the same area as a duplicate. But you might come across this as you're out ship spotting. We don't want to see the same ship appearing only a few ships away.

If you do, take a good look at the ships to make sure they are in fact two nearby sightings of the same ship. We can look into it and determine if the duplicates warrant a rewrite of the traffic file in that area.

This was a huge undertaking and with such a large area of coverage in each of the regions, these duplications are a possibility. But with you're help, we can remove redundant ships that appear too close together.

So get out there and spot some ships!!

Brad

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Ship's will be duplicated
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
HI Brad, I only just found the shipping addon, great job! One of my prime gripes was the lack of large ships in FSX, this is an excellent addition to the MM extravaganza, I am already enjoying spotting the ships!

Kim.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Ship's will be duplicated
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
Hello old friend!! Great to see you back here checking in on us. Yes that project has been one of the most rewarding ones so far. Dex and JJ did a great job on that. And we still have South Alaska to add to the project when that arrives.

Thanks Kim and you're always a charter member here at RTMM.

Brad