Author Topic: How can I keep up!!  (Read 1717 times)

owd

How can I keep up!!
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
You guys are awesome!! I will turn 79 years old next May and am wondering how the hell I'm going to be able to get to all the different places, let alone hunt for shipping traffic, before the big guy comes calling.
This is by far the best site I have ever had the pleasure of visiting in all my years of flight simming.
Thanks to all those involved.
Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.
Asus P6X58D-E, Intel core i7 970 6 core 3.2 oc to 4.08, GeForce GTX 570, 3x2 DDR3-1600, Corsair Hydro series H50, WD 1 TB HDD, ADATA 120 GB & ADATA 256 GB for FSX only, Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality, 2 Benq monitors.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: How can I keep up!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:34:23 PM »
Edwin,

I always say, take one day at a time. Also, take one scenery at a time and have a nice time discovering what it has to offer. Then add that next one and do the same. It should only take you a little over a hundred flights to visit all of our individual scenery areas using this approach.

Of course that might be longer given other real world commitments of course but just relax and enjoy the time it takes. We'll leave the light on for you.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
Hey Edwin,

Thanks for the kind words.   As Brad said, one thing at a time.  Enjoy the sights.   As far as age goes, I golf every week with a guy who is 91!   Unbelievable.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
Edwin,
RTMM is much like us oldsters.  Best summed up by the old story of the young bull and the old bull. 

They were standing on top of a hill looking down at the pasture full of cows and the young bull says "Why don't we run down the hill and get one of those cows?"  The  old bull looks over at him and says, "Son, why don't we walk slowly down the hill and get em all!"

One scenery a day would take you into next spring when our old bones wont be quite so stiff and sore.  After all as we are always saying it's not the destination but the journey that is important.  Of course you have a bit over 5 years on me agewise but I'll keep on plugging if you will!
 8)
Later,

Spud

tphelps

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
Edwin,

I'm just a young kid in my 60s, but I have to believe that the advice that's been offered is sound. One day at a time works for RTMM . . . and life!

You are absolutely right. RTMM is a wonderful site with amazing folks who are dedicated to their craft and hobby. Good people are found here.

Welcome aboard!

Ted
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64