Author Topic: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download  (Read 495767 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
I could be wrong, but I just found a second instance of the c/v Doug Linn (funny name!).  Anyway, I found it here in the pic (below) up by an island (could this be one the gang has already fixed?). But it was the 2nd instance of this ship as I checked it off as I was coming up the Clarence Strait.  Just curious.

If you guys and gals are not out "ship hunting" you are really missing some fun. I'm actually, the last couple of days, doing this the first time myself. Dex, Brad and Rod and placed these things exceptionally well, and I know they are always dynamic, but you can almost always see a ship on the horizon.  I'm a long way from completing my checklist (that you can download from the site), but having a great time doing it. 

• (By the way, there is a Ship Finder's App up on the Applications Store that is a lot of fun, doesn't have anything to do with us, but if you are near a port and are wondering about the ships, this will tell you who is where in your area. When "Sandy" was coming into New York Harbor ... you could see the ships fleeing out into the Atlantic. One of those was "our" Norwegian Jade. A good app for those so inclined. I live near  Savannah so can now sit on the riverfront and predict which ship is coming up the river next. I'm going to start wearing my Captain's hat and light up a pipe, (and hide the IPhone) and people will think I'm the real thing with all that knowledge.)

But if "ship finding" is your thing, what you will find on the AI Shipping page is darned close to the real thing. And I've seen a couple of the new ships that JJ has made for us ... they are amazing!!! So more are coming soon.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:50:15 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 04:26:07 PM »
Thanks Dex,
Thought that would be the case.  FWIW I went into FSX\SimObjects\boats and first tried to just add a .OFF extension to the VEH_water_cruiseship2_sm folder. (VEH_water_cruiseship2_sm.OFF)  This didn't stop the ship from showing up so I opened the VEH_water_cruiseship2_sm folder and added the .OFF extension to the scenery and texture sub-folders.  This did remove the ship from Coffman Cove.

Because the default AI ships do not know that the shorelines have been changed in the ORBX PFJ scenery they will ground themselves on the altered landmasses.  I assume that their tracks would have to be altered to avoid this.  Do not know if default AI ship tracks can be changed or not.  Dex do you have the answer?

8)

Hi Spud,

I think the only file you need to change to stop the boat models from a particular boat folder from showing up is the sim.cfg file located in the particular folder.  Just change it to sim.off

Don't know the answer to your default AI tracks question.

Rod   

Dexthom

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »
Each vessel has an individual track that is created in Google Earth.  You start with a boat file, a plan file, and a route file.  They are compiled and the result is the traffic.bgl file.  You can change the .bgl to something else, I use .XXX That will prevent the boat that is involved with that plan and route from appearing.  You can get the AI boat traffic Compiler know as AIBTC and decompile the traffic.bgl  to create the two text and the kml route file.  Look at the boat text file and it will tell you what vessel is used for that traffic file.  On occasion, Google Earth and FSX don't agree so we have glitches.
I am presently using 59 vessels.  39 of those are custom paints by JJ and the rest are default.

That's the less for today.  Now everybody go make some traffic1   ;D

Doug

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
I'm still adding to the Spotter's Checklist. I've decided to look at this from the "spotter's" point of view. I am also adding the STATIC ships to the checklist.  Dex and Rod will think I'm "nuts" because these are not part of what they are doing. But if you are a "spotter" ... finding a ship that isn't on the checklist is frustrating.  For those not using the checklist, it will make no difference. But I wanted folks to know that the list of boats Dex and Rod have may not match the checklist, which will have more. (Also, if you find a ship in the RTMM area that we do not have on the checklist, give us a nice screenshot of it and send it to us and we'll add it).

Running the checklist isn't easy. Finding the ship is one thing, identifying it is another. Of course, look at the colors of the body of the ship and decide what "kind" of ship it is. Then look at the bridge configuration and the stack colors ... those will help you "dial down" to the correct vessel.

The team has made the "long waters" between the locations something to really enjoy. There always seems to be a ship on the horizon to check out.  As you all know, the mission at RTMM is making the JOURNEY count for you. We are proud of our "scenery locations" ... but "getting from here to there" and making that even more enjoyable for you is the goal. The RTMM AI Shipping projects fits right into the mission. Again thanks to Dex, Rod and Brad for this great effort and addition.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »
Coming very soon.....days....Shipping Traffic for PFJ!!!!!

In just a day or two, the RTMM AI Shipping Project for PFJ  (PFJAISP) will be ready for download.   This enhancement will require Tongass Fjords FSX as well as ORBX PFJ.   This is a massive effort by Brad, Dex and JJ to place all kinds of shipping on the larger bodies of water in the Pacific Fjords Region....a very large area.    This ehancement includes 128  new individual shipping tracks made with Google Earth.   Most of the ships you have already seen in the Tongass area if you are using TFAISP though you might spot one or two new ones  (see below).   Right now most of us have empty waters in PFJ....not anymore!

The map below shows the enormous area that PFJAISP covers.   Get ready to do some ship spotting!

Rod
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:33:50 PM by stiletto2 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
Hi All,

Good news, RTMM AI Shipping Project for Pacific Fjords is now ready for download!

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/shipping/index.php

Rod

Doug

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
WOW .. "WE GOT BOATS!!!"  Lots of 'em.  What a joy now to fly down towards Prince Rupert. It used to be a long, boring trip ... no longer. All kinds of ships to see along the way.  This really makes the area come alive ... well done folks!!!!

Doug